The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1021   IP: 79.79.208.161
Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Could you possibly put a pin through rear of hitch with a cam set up to move a wedge in and out with a lock set on outside of hitch
  #1022   IP: 86.165.228.121
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan caddy View Post
Could you possibly put a pin through rear of hitch with a cam set up to move a wedge in and out with a lock set on outside of hitch
Interesting idea Alan, I'll give that one some thought and see what I can come up with! cheers Boyo
  #1023   IP: 95.34.44.206
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Hi Graham

That tilty looks like it's going to leap into action quite soon, what you have accomplished in the backyard
are no less than astonishing

I, LMBL when I saw your comment only 45°

Do you have 60° Each Way or did you end up with 59° and 60°
you should send a mail to the big tilty producers and show them how it should be done

After a bit of searching I found a picture of the manual quick coupler type that I was thinking of

As I understand you have enough valves, so why don't you go the full way and make a hydraulic quick coupler

Although this mechanical quick coupler is so easy to operate so even Mrs D can do it

more detailed information are waiting in your mailbox

Because it is less competition there.
  #1024   IP: 86.165.228.121
Old 01-11-2014, 10:57 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket on wheels View Post
Hi Graham

That tilty looks like it's going to leap into action quite soon, what you have accomplished in the backyard
are no less than astonishing

I, LMBL when I saw your comment only 45°

Do you have 60° Each Way or did you end up with 59° and 60°
you should send a mail to the big tilty producers and show them how it should be done

After a bit of searching I found a picture of the manual quick coupler type that I was thinking of

As I understand you have enough valves, so why don't you go the full way and make a hydraulic quick coupler

Although this mechanical quick coupler is so easy to operate so even Mrs D can do it

more detailed information are waiting in your mailbox

'Evening Frank,
Been looking through your emails and was about to reply!

She's not far off now mate - plumbing time!
I'll give Martin at Fastfluids a bell Monday; see if I can chuck it in a trailer and go see him and his hose crimper some time next week! Then look out!! (I hope)!

Thanks for your kind words - would've happened a damned sight quicker If I'd still had my w/shop and kit !!
Oh for a decent MIG!! - trouble is its a bit breezy outside for the Hefty!!

Wondered if anyone'd pick up on the 45° comment

Haven't had it back together enough to suss the operational range Frank, but can't see why it would've altered, so should be as first posted, in theory!!

Don't think the likes of Engcon 'et al' would be too impressed with that sort of mail mate - as Mog keeps reminding me - "it's only a bit of fun for me" !!
Obviously I want it to be a functional unit and will be well pleased if it performs to the level I hope for.

After the best part of my lifetime spent fabbing and designing 'on the hoof' I need to keep my eye in - I love creating!!
It was a great challenge, something that I can make good use of and I dare say, will get developed further/as far as poss.!

As for the adapter - it'll only be used infrequently and going hydraulic with it isn't really warranted (and I'm saving the oil for other things!!) - the suggestion you've made is a nice simple idea and a very easy 'make' - it'd need some sort of pressure applicator though and a couple of suitably positioned bolts'd probably do the job well enough, or one long centre stud, I could operate from the front end, under the Miller

As for Mrs D op.-ing it, I'm still trying to get her in the saddle!!
She was almost there this afternoon and it'd be so useful to have her competent in the seat, to leave me free for slinging some stuff that occasionally requires some experienced Druidry
  #1025   IP: 86.113.8.195
Old 01-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

My idea of using the 70mm rear pin of your adapter b20 hitch to slide back and using your normall hitch to hold it locked
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notebook1-20141101-101407.pdf (131.3 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by left hooker; 01-11-2014 at 11:44 PM.
  #1026   IP: 86.165.228.121
Old 02-11-2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
My idea of using the 70mm rear pin of your adapter b20 hitch to slide back and using your normall hitch to hold it locked
LUV IT Stu. I can use a variation on that - use the rear pin clamp to slide the wedge in to the hook on the B20, as it grips the pin and a couple of springs, if necessary to release it! Genius Boyo !!
  #1027   IP: 86.113.8.195
Old 02-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
LUV IT Stu. I can use a variation on that - use the rear pin clamp to slide the wedge in to the hook on the B20, as it grips the pin and a couple of springs, if necessary to release it! Genius Boyo !!
Not bad ay for being half asleep last night with my eyes trying to close over on me lol
  #1028   IP: 86.165.228.121
Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Not bad ay for being half asleep last night with my eyes trying to close over on me lol
Excellent mate - will have to do all the bits 'n bobs of fixes/repairs first to have 'em right, then put the adapter back on and measure it all up for tolerances.
It'll have to have a removable piece somewhere, to be able to get it on/off the buckets, but it is a great idea.
  #1029   IP: 86.113.8.195
Old 02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Quote:
Excellent mate - will have to do all the bits 'n bobs of fixes/repairs first to have 'em right, then put the adapter back on and measure it all up for tolerances.
It'll have to have a removable piece somewhere, to be able to get it on/off the buckets, but it is a great idea.
Like you said your not changing buckets every minute of the day so it would be a good compromise but with the added bonus of the main hydraulic hitch holding it shut with out to much fuss
  #1030   IP: 81.154.187.29
Old 03-11-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Like you said your not changing buckets every minute of the day so it would be a good compromise but with the added bonus of the main hydraulic hitch holding it shut with out to much fuss
'Morning Stu,
As Frank has pointed out to me,this is fine under the Miller, but will need a variation for under the VA-r.
Until I have the Lemac I bought to go under the VA-r, to look at and mod to fit, I'm going to have to hold fire with this particular variant.

However Franks suggestion of the simple wedge plate would get it progressed.

I do like the hydraulic system though and may well end up with a combination of both ideas.
I'm going to have to insert a removable/interchangeable section though, in all probability, to cater for any differences in the actuation between the Miller and The Lemac.

Mog's busy on a job ATM, so I'm not going to see the Lemac for a little while yet to suss this.

The end result, whatever it is, is going to have to have a locked and released position to enable me to change buckets on the actual adapter and using the hydraulic lock idea, it will have to have a removable section to limit the lock system's travel to the released position, with the Miller/Lemac locked to the adapter.

I'll get there though and it's still a brill idea mate !!

Last edited by V8Druid; 03-11-2014 at 11:25 PM.