The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#5521   IP: 86.139.112.55
Old 20-08-2017, 01:02 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

wasn't sure how this would stick being 'man handled' .... but did stay in one piece

this piece of ground hasn't been clear since I put the benches here some time ago.

and the 'Drema's sat there tonight ..

.... afternoon was a dead loss, after some friends arrived after lunch and stayed the whole afternoon

Tomorrow being 'that day' .... it'll also be a dead loss ... no noise day
but hopefully it'll be a drying day, at least .... no more rain forecast until next Friday
Hopefully start laying out some planings Monday .... may need some more I reckon ... same again perhaps, for now at least !! we'll see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170819_14_11_51_Pro.jpg (100.5 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170819_14_03_29_Pro.jpg (89.8 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170819_17_42_39_Pro.jpg (100.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170819_17_42_57_Pro.jpg (97.6 KB, 170 views)
  #5522   IP: 82.20.150.176
Old 21-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Nice progress

nearly room for more machines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5523   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 21-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by strott View Post
Nice progress

nearly room for more machines
Dozer next I reckon
  #5524   IP: 86.139.112.55
Old 21-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

LOL lads ... she'd have an eppy

Nice idea though
  #5525   IP: 86.139.112.55
Old 21-08-2017, 11:03 PM

Was gonna have a day at it today ...... 'til the boss was listening to the radio at brekky time !
They were banging on about appliances catching fire, in particular freezers !!
That was the end of my morning ... drag the damned thing out ... defrost, major hoover out of the back and a thorough check over !!!

Was gone one before I put the isolator key in the 'Drema's engine bay and fired her up.

Me box bases are my datum for level, so started there, plus they're level across their width. Added some 40mm to the drainage run and worked me way across ...

slowly ..

'til I'd got to the level this side

then gave it the roller for half an hour .....

which is about as much as said roller wanted to play today ???
Started sweet as, after I'd bled it all through the other day, when I rolled the shale out and had done exactly the same then .... almost as if it's 'nipping up' but doesn't feel that hot and oil levels fine ..... and fresh. Very odd .... just loses its revs?? Shut it down and it'll run down quite normally, which i wouldn't expect if it was 'nipping up' ??? Anyone got any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_14_24_57_Pro.jpg (100.7 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_14_57_26_Pro.jpg (100.4 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_16_22_45_Pro.jpg (98.1 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_16_49_25_Pro.jpg (96.7 KB, 129 views)
  #5526   IP: 86.138.20.26
Old 21-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Very odd .... just loses its revs?? Shut it down and it'll run down quite normally, which i wouldn't expect if it was 'nipping up' ??? Anyone got any thoughts?
Diesel bug/fuel issues. Like me ****ing wagon the other day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #5527   IP: 86.139.112.55
Old 21-08-2017, 11:54 PM

Anyway .... parked that up and shifted JakieB and the Thwaites out the way, so's I could get at the next stretch .....

edged the drainage and slotted some more 40mm on top again...

then worked me way across to the centre channel ..

was a tad late to go winding up yon roller and tea time rapidly approaching ...
time to park her up .......

would appear that the boss has 'liberated' me roll of terram which I was gonna slot on top of the channel, to keep the fines out of it, so that's as far as I could get tonight anyway....

MOT for the body down The Heath, UHW, in Cardiff, in the morning, so bit knackered for progress tomorrow. Be a bit late by the time I get back, probably.

My eye says it's a bit low in the centre, but I'll get the edges sorted and then 'praps drop a few bucketfulls in the middle, cover the channel and stick the beam on to get it spread a bit more evenly. Job for Wednesday !

Think it's looking alright ATM ..... see what Stanley says, when it's had a bit of vibe over it.
Wish I still had me laser beacon ... lent it to a mate a fair while back, who cooked it ....
forgot the charger one day and plugged it into his phone charger ... bye bye beacon ... would make life so much easier !! Might pester him for the promised replacement .... that never showed up !!!!!!

If anyone's wondering WTF I'm not using me 7ft grading bucket ... in favour of my favorite 3ft Geith ..... it's some bucketful at a stretch and TBH the Geith has a much nicer edge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_18_37_11_Pro.jpg (96.5 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_19_40_17_Pro.jpg (80.0 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_20_00_57_Pro.jpg (97.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170821_20_01_15_Pro.jpg (95.4 KB, 125 views)
  #5528   IP: 86.139.112.55
Old 21-08-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Diesel bug/fuel issues. Like me ****ing wagon the other day.
It's an old Petter Lister single Rory .. they'll run on just about anything ... must admit the fuel in there's been in there a while; It sips cherry, but really can't see it TBH

Might drop the tank off and have a look, 'praps give it a flush out with some thinners .... can't see Mr Bug liking that a lot

Bloody odd fault though

So you got towed in the other night, did you ?
  #5529   IP: 86.138.20.26
Old 22-08-2017, 12:56 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
So you got towed in the other night, did you ?
Friday morning...... Out at 7am, wait half hour for customer to move cars, swing the lorry round and reverse back one way street and into gateway (only way I can the swing).... Start dropping skip off, Lorry Dies.

Manage to get it started again (THANK FK) skip off, loaded on... out the gate, 10 yards up the wrong way, swing round drive out the single track one way system thinking the Merc was just having a moment..... Get out of the one way onto main road. No power, Dead......

Wait a couple minutes, fire her up again. Can't stop here either as it's the worst part of town for traffic. Get up the hill, onto the wider bypass.... Die again, Call a good friend with a Scania 143E Wrecker. (worth paying for the sound).... Out within 20mins, Push pull bar home. Hours work. 9am now.

Clean Pre filter bowl and gauze.... Bleed lorry, Run for half hour. Seems all fine. Right only one way to see. I'm going to replace Main filter anyway but want to check that's the only issue... Out the yard, turn uphill, get 100yrds up the road... Dead.

Roll back road, Into yard, Start tractor, Pull into home, Rip main filter off... it's bad but not horrifically bad, fit new one, bleed system.... system won't bleed, check for issues....

At this point I discovered the previous owners had replaced a Jubilee clip with a Zip tie, and jointed the fuel suction line with a push fit airline connector.. Unfortunately inevitable with second hand kit. Not the end of the day and perfectly functional... until the fuel line is empty and needs bleeding.

Long story short... a waste of a kin morning....

Running by 12 thou! And so FKN glad I got it going again to start with.... No way it was being towed out of there in a hurry! Roll on next month... Big overhaul time end of the month... Lorry is having a full set of New shoes and drums (Not failing it's brake tests yet, but figure it's earned it's money this year and it's time to put some money back into it) and the Ford is hopefully being sorted

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."

Last edited by JD450A; 22-08-2017 at 01:04 AM.
  #5530   IP: 86.139.112.55
Old 22-08-2017, 10:52 AM

they always die in the most inconvenient of places .... no matter what it is.

Blew a main hose on a 30tonner one evening putting a roof on .... main street (one way) of Caerleon .... oil everywhere .... the builders sand pile soon shrank.

Called in a few favours that evening, to get a 2" hose made up at 8 p.m.
what a bastard to fit, lying in a pool of oil under the m/c, between the back axles/diffs ...... hour's job turned to shite
the hire just about covered the hose IIRC