The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6011   IP: 31.52.88.167
Old 03-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Glad it arrived okay. Was using mine between Christmas and New year. Have a waterproof seat cover on at night, so I could lift off worst of the ice then put the heated cover on and I tell you it was luxury. Nice and toasty rather then frozen, what more could you want?
Graham
sounds good Gra
..... I do have the luxury of a cab though, I must say ,
although I rarely have the door shut, or the front window ...
Sundym glass in winter light isn't great and I'm always in & out, but the heater on the feet makes a hell of a difference, to keeping the body temp. up.
Cold feet and I've had enough, these days
  #6012   IP: 86.147.44.221
Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
was sick as a dog for days, until I got a handle on maintaining some form of equilibrium.

Not an experience to be repeated in a hurry for sure

How is yours fairing Chris ?
Certainly improved thanks. I’ve been walking about today, without falling over. Hope I can shake it off soon though, cos I ain’t good for much really.
  #6013   IP: 31.52.88.167
Old 03-01-2018, 07:45 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
Yep, IID Tool. http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

Was blowing a hooley here, had the dogs all up in bed as two were agitated by the thunder and lightning!
"thunder and lightning!"

Amazed you had that, with the winds and the temperatures , but yeh was well wild last night !!

the miaows' main concern is maintaining contact with terra firma if they venture out in it .... which is only as needs must, usually

The IID tool-iemajig doesn't appear to support P38s, or at least now't before 2002 and IIRC that'd only be a 322 ???
  #6014   IP: 31.52.88.167
Old 03-01-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Certainly improved thanks. I’ve been walking about today, without falling over. Hope I can shake it off soon though, cos I ain’t good for much really.
glad to hear there's some improvement Chris ... have you tried the 'spot focus technique', for moving about at all .... really helps ... just pick a spot and concentrate on heading for it .... then go again.

Yer wanna try welding like it .. brace and strike
  #6015   IP: 86.147.47.168
Old 03-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
glad to hear there's some improvement Chris ... have you tried the 'spot focus technique', for moving about at all .... really helps ... just pick a spot and concentrate on heading for it .... then go again.

Yer wanna try welding like it .. brace and strike
I don’t need vertigo to do wonky welding.
  #6016   IP: 31.52.88.167
Old 04-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I don’t need vertigo to do wonky welding.
........ but it's a damned good excuse

Man has it been bloody wild here today .... worst winds in a very long time !!

small to medium-ish tree down on the fence line above me patch ... gonna have to stay there 'til it calms down a bit, to get Charlie at it, plus a couple of slates off, just below the ridge tiles, which got lifted by/as the slates departed

God only knows where they ended up? I can not find them ... anywhere !!

I've managed to get the ridges virtually back into position with a couple of lengths of batten strapped together, but gonna have to get up there ASAP and bond them back into spot, along with a few slates.
Pam did one from the basket, maybe two years ago, but getting her back up there is not gonna happen !! Roof ladder job I fear !

I'd like to meet the muppet who roofed this place ....... not the best of work and being so exposed it needed to be a good job

may need to learn a new skill ..... if the weather ever improves !!!!!!

If I thought I'd get away with it .... I'd sheet it and have done .... rare they blow off and'd out last me probably!!
I'm also a big fan of standing seam, crimped zintec/zinc sheet .. looks nice and is a very durable roof.

Last edited by V8Druid; 04-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.
  #6017   IP: 86.147.47.168
Old 04-01-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
........ but it's a damned good excuse

Man has it been bloody wild here today .... worst winds in a very long time !!

small to medium-ish tree down on the fence line above me patch ... gonna have to stay there 'til it calms down a bit, to get Charlie at it, plus a couple of slates off, just below the ridge tiles, which got lifted by/as the slates departed

God only knows where they ended up? I can not find them ... anywhere !!

I've managed to get the ridges virtually back into position with a couple of lengths of batten strapped together, but gonna have to get up there ASAP and bond them back into spot, along with a few slates.
Pam did one from the basket, maybe two years ago, but getting her back up there is not gonna happen !! Roof ladder job I fear !

I'd like to meet the muppet who roofed this place ....... not the best of work and being so exposed it needed to be a good job

may need to learn a new skill ..... if the weather ever improves !!!!!!

If I thought I'd get away with it .... I'd sheet it and have done .... rare they blow off and'd out last me probably!!
I'm also a big fan of raised, crimped zintec/zinc sheet .. looks nice and is a very durable roof.
You need a wind turbine: make the most of it.
  #6018   IP: 31.52.88.167
Old 04-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
You need a wind turbine: make the most of it.
it has been considered Chris, but you hear so many 'horror stories' of premature failure, etc. and they're far from cheap in the first place.

Used to have a couple of customers with them and they were forever bemoaning their problems ...
the one even blew down in a good blow and completely wrecked a £10+k installation ....
that transpired to be idiot installers, using resin anchors, in holes that had not been blown out, in concrete that had not had sufficient time to cure
Cowboys, basically.
  #6019   IP: 31.49.119.137
Old 11-01-2018, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I really need some dry weather to get some stuff done
There's that to do, finish tidying up after the rock, etc. dispatching days and .....
me P38 would appear to have gained a fuel leak, I'm guessing up on the flow / return lines; return most likely, on top of the fuel tank.

So I need to get that up in the air and get the bloody tank off to investigate.
Doesn't look an easy task !!!
Could really do with me 4 poster!
well we've had a visit from the big yellow thing today .... and no rain

So had her in the air .... and can't find a damned thing wrong????

Got her booked for an MOT in the a.m. at me mates place, so'll see what we can find on his ramp ..... but now't at all this morning here ... all dry as a chip

Might possibly be a split breather ???
  #6020   IP: 31.49.119.137
Old 12-01-2018, 09:01 PM

new set of boots, all round, new ticket, with the usual flying colours ... can't see any signs of an issue stood under her on the ramp .... anywhere???

Even treated her to a good wash-down with the Polish boys on the way home

suck it and see