The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#21   IP: 96.43.76.153
Old 29-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Perfect Master

Default Re: Jcb 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
why not put a couple of shut off valves after the couplers in the back hoe supply/return lines, so you can close off the circuits on the detached unit, without fear of losing any pressure, whilst faffing about with the QCs?
Sounds like a good idea. But tapping into a line that needs to handle the pressure worries me. I play with Cars and motorycles. Modifying Tractors is unfamiliar territory. I know enough to be worried about cutting into High Pressure lines.
  #22   IP: 86.143.138.239
Old 30-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
Sounds like a good idea. But tapping into a line that needs to handle the pressure worries me. I play with Cars and motorycles. Modifying Tractors is unfamiliar territory. I know enough to be worried about cutting into High Pressure lines.
just screw in a shut off valve, between the hose end and the QC adapter ... no cutting involved .... all spanner work ......

#23   IP: 96.43.76.153
Old 30-06-2017, 01:25 AM
Perfect Master

Smile Re: Jcb 130

D'uh, of course. I wonder, with the valve so close to the connector, will there be enough gap to actually relieve the pressure? I made a relief valve setup on the hoses of my 4:1 Bucket but that is at the end of the hoses and the valve is put on the connectors as I disconnect from the tractor. When I reattach, Turn off machine, play with the levers to reduce pressure on tractor. I open the home made valve, and usually get a spit of Fluid and that is enough for easy attachment. But with this idea, the valve is after the coupler and there is rubber hoses to relive more fluid and pressure. Prior to making the valve, I could not get the couplers to reattach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bucket Decompression valve web.jpg (58.0 KB, 12 views)
  #24   IP: 86.143.138.239
Old 30-06-2017, 11:41 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
D'uh, of course. I wonder, with the valve so close to the connector, will there be enough gap to actually relieve the pressure? I made a relief valve setup on the hoses of my 4:1 Bucket but that is at the end of the hoses and the valve is put on the connectors as I disconnect from the tractor. When I reattach, Turn off machine, play with the levers to reduce pressure on tractor. I open the home made valve, and usually get a spit of Fluid and that is enough for easy attachment. But with this idea, the valve is after the coupler and there is rubber hoses to relive more fluid and pressure. Prior to making the valve, I could not get the couplers to reattach.
I did suggest to Gra, a while back, tee-ing into the P and T lines and putting a tap across between the two, to enable a pressure dump from P to T, when the tap is opened .... could you do that on the machine side of the QCs for your front and back fittings, to relieve the pressure from the P line, to enable you to detach the QCs?
  #25   IP: 96.43.76.153
Old 01-07-2017, 12:10 AM
Perfect Master

P and T lines?? sorry

I get the idea, run a valve from the in and the out so I can open and neutralize. Not sure if I have the room on the Backhoe QC's

Do this on the tractor only not the hoses on the attachment.. yes?
  #26   IP: 86.143.138.239
Old 01-07-2017, 12:49 AM

Quote:
P and T lines?? sorry

I get the idea, run a valve from the in and the out so I can open and neutralize. Not sure if I have the room on the Backhoe QC's

Do this on the tractor only not the hoses on the attachment.. yes?
sorry Tony ..... Pressure and Tank return lines ..... it'd be better on the machine side, as it will work for all att.s, but if all you attach is the 4 in 1 or the back hoe, then it'd work the same the other side of the QCs, if you are struggling for space

You just need to dump the pressure to the tank return
  #27   IP: 90.205.15.184
Old 29-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
sorry Tony ..... Pressure and Tank return lines ..... it'd be better on the machine side, as it will work for all att.s, but if all you attach is the 4 in 1 or the back hoe, then it'd work the same the other side of the QCs, if you are struggling for space

You just need to dump the pressure to the tank return
As far as I remember, the X1 Auxillary circuit is pilot controlled, therefore if you put every thing on the ground, with the circuit in auger or grab circuit, switch off the engine turn the ignition back to on, not starting the engine lower the dead man and operate the grab circuit as you would, and this de pressurise the system, enabling you to remove any attachment without it being pressurised.
Mick