The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#11   IP: 31.53.208.42
Old 04-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Hydraulic pipe joiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by john/k View Post
Had a look at taking out the pipe easy access to the Lower End open up a couple of knots and the armrest where the joystick is turns back up so not too bad there only problem is the pipe runs down true a sleeve with the rest of the pipes no idea how to get the pipe back down there does anyone know how this is done
Usually join the new to the old and pull through , or tie a piece of rope on and try to pull it back

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 04-09-2017, 08:25 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Had a look at taking out the pipe easy access to the Lower End open up a couple of knots and the armrest where the joystick is turns back up so not too bad there only problem is the pipe runs down true a sleeve with the rest of the pipes no idea how to get the pipe back down there does anyone know how this is done
tie/fix a good strong line to the end of the pipe as you pull it out, so you can re-attach the new pipe to it and pull it back through John.

Ex tel.com. orange line pulling cord is ideal I'd have thought as it doesn't present much in the way of resistance for going back in .

Can't recall the name of the 'lay' of the rope but it's like this, slips over the end of whatever is getting pulled and grips it tight

#13   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 04-09-2017, 08:27 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

or as Gra says ...... attach another pipe to it .... can't use the new one, as you'll need the old one out to get the new one made up .... any old gash hose'd do, provided you have an adapter/union to join it with
  #14   IP: 92.251.234.1
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Perfect Master

Fittings are smaller than a standard 3/8 so don't have anything to fit to join two pipes together but it turns out that it's the other half of the pipe that was joined with this weird Joyner before that is leaking going to try and get the couple of foot of pipe and reuse this joiner tried posting a picture of it but fourm doesn't seem to be taking pictures
  #15   IP: 213.233.150.45
Old 04-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Perfect Master

Hopefully this pic will work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170904_120332.jpg (87.1 KB, 26 views)
  #16   IP: 85.255.234.89
Old 04-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
I have seen those connectors before and can probably get you some.

But i would replace the whole hose. it will likely be a jic fitting on a 1 wire hose. Most hyd shops will be able to do it, any problems give me a shout and il see what i can do

Aiden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #17   IP: 31.53.208.42
Old 04-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
or as Gra says ...... attach another pipe to it .... can't use the new one, as you'll need the old one out to get the new one made up .... any old gash hose'd do, provided you have an adapter/union to join it with
unless you order the hose from hitachi , you may be surprised at the cost , i was with jcb

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #18   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 04-09-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
that's exactly what I had pictured in my mind's eye ..... but no idea WTF they're called? ....... or where you'd get some .....
bear in mind there's probably 30-35 bar in those pilot hoses and'll hurt or make a mess, if they ain't a good joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
I have seen those connectors before and can probably get you some.

But i would replace the whole hose. it will likely be a jic fitting on a 1 wire hose.
Most hyd shops will be able to do it, any problems give me a shout and il see what i can do

Aiden
you surprise me Aiden .... on a Jap machine??? Learn something new everyday
I'd certainly be wrestling the bloody thing out and fitting a new one.
  #19   IP: 92.251.234.1
Old 04-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Perfect Master

[QUOTE=V8Druid;155875]that's exactly what I had pictured in my mind's eye ..... but no idea WTF they're called? ....... or where you'd get some .....
bear in mind there's probably 30-35 bar in those pilot hoses and'll hurt or make a mess, if they ain't a good

I just got a new section of hose and reconnected it to that clamp which actually seems to have quite a good grip if you look at the picture one of the nuts was never closed properly it had been cross threaded and just left like that and it never leaked when I have more time I will put in a few new hoses as there is another one or two a bit perished looking just have to figure out how to join another hose to it

That isn't a jap machine this has made in Italy on the plate don't know if that's a better thing or not.
  #20   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 04-09-2017, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=john/k;155883]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
that's exactly what I had pictured in my mind's eye ..... but no idea WTF they're called? ....... or where you'd get some .....
bear in mind there's probably 30-35 bar in those pilot hoses and'll hurt or make a mess, if they ain't a good

I just got a new section of hose and reconnected it to that clamp which actually seems to have quite a good grip if you look at the picture one of the nuts was never closed properly it had been cross threaded and just left like that and it never leaked when I have more time I will put in a few new hoses as there is another one or two a bit perished looking just have to figure out how to join another hose to it

That isn't a jap machine this has made in Italy on the plate don't know if that's a better thing or not.
It's an FH is it?

more likely to have ISO metric fittings ..... possibly ?? which most hyd dealers will have on the shelf