The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#1   IP: 2.102.13.5
Old 23-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Knight of the East

Default Mogmans Projects

Though with other members keeping all there work and projects threads in one thread I would do the same

So looked at a job taking out two old cement powered tanks that had been used as water tanks in a tank wash bay
P1000536.jpg
P1000538.jpg

Only problem was they was put in before the roof was installed so the first one had a 4" of clearance but the other one.............well the diagonal roof brace was resting on a pipe fitting welded to the end of the tank

and just to make it interesting there is a steel cable that runs the length of the building so the guys washing the road tankers can clip on the harnesses which could not be removed or tampered with as it is a safety feature with a sensor at one end

So me and my brother went on Saturday afternoon got the first one out in about an hour
P1000553.jpg

But the second one was a bit slower had to wrap a couple of chains around the tank and onto the grab on the machine (pulled tight with load binders)
P1000556.jpg
P1000557.jpg
We then attached the telehandler to the bottom of the tank with a chain and pulled the bottom out while steering the top with the duck

Then all was left to do was stick it on the trailer
P1000558.jpg
To be honest it looks a bit lost on the trailer but when it was stuck up in the building...........it looked big but only about 30'
P1000559.jpg

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 95.150.240.240
Old 23-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Mogmans Projects

Looks good paul

Did you have to keep them intact? Or just easier that way?
  #3   IP: 2.102.13.5
Old 23-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB_Groundworks View Post
Looks good paul

Did you have to keep them intact? Or just easier that way?
just easier to take out in one, they are aluminium so on site cutting would of been an arse

Plus we had to do it a bit quick as we had to shut the wash down for half a day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #4   IP: 92.8.22.21
Old 23-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Elect of Fifteen

I think this thread is going to be interesting !
  #5   IP: 86.165.228.212
Old 23-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Though with other members keeping all there work and projects threads in one thread I would do the same

So looked at a job taking out two old cement powered tanks that had been used as water tanks in a tank wash bay
Attachment 21649
Attachment 21650

Only problem was they was put in before the roof was installed so the first one had a 4" of clearance but the other one.............well the diagonal roof brace was resting on a pipe fitting welded to the end of the tank

and just to make it interesting there is a steel cable that runs the length of the building so the guys washing the road tankers can clip on the harnesses which could not be removed or tampered with as it is a safety feature with a sensor at one end

So me and my brother went on Saturday afternoon got the first one out in about an hour
Attachment 21651

But the second one was a bit slower had to wrap a couple of chains around the tank and onto the grab on the machine (pulled tight with load binders)
Attachment 21652
Attachment 21654
We then attached the telehandler to the bottom of the tank with a chain and pulled the bottom out while steering the top with the duck

Then all was left to do was stick it on the trailer
Attachment 21653
To be honest it looks a bit lost on the trailer but when it was stuck up in the building...........it looked big but only about 30'
Attachment 21655
Old bulk tanks for delivery aren't they Paul??
Did you get the support sub-frames as well to weigh in?
Nice little lumps of ali !!

Looks like this'll be an interesting thread to follow mate
Keep it coming.

How's the boat scrapping job progressing?
  #6   IP: 2.102.13.202
Old 24-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Old bulk tanks for delivery aren't they Paul??
Did you get the support sub-frames as well to weigh in?
Nice little lumps of ali !!

Looks like this'll be an interesting thread to follow mate
Keep it coming.

Cement powder tanks had the lot steel alli everything gave the guy 500 but made a bit for a Saturday afternoon

As for the boat job waiting for his men to relive it of some weight/wood so it can be floated into the dock

Here is a video of some of the work we did, bit long winded as I don't know how to edit but..............

I did spend a lot of time on top and behind the tank preparing for the 'big lift' but here goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8Ishd6JH8

#7   IP: 86.165.228.212
Old 25-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Cement powder tanks had the lot steel alli everything gave the guy 500 but made a bit for a Saturday afternoon

As for the boat job waiting for his men to relive it of some weight/wood so it can be floated into the dock

Here is a video of some of the work we did, bit long winded as I don't know how to edit but..............

I did spend a lot of time on top and behind the tank preparing for the 'big lift' but here goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8Ishd6JH8
Looks like yer bro has had more than the odd 'go' in yer Case mate.
If you could actually work at that pace Mog, you'd be a millionaire in a week!!

Your telehandler? Dinky little tool that.
  #8   IP: 2.102.14.81
Old 25-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
just won a job (in the last half hour) cutting up two 100 ton mud hoppers hopefully start early next week

#9   IP: 109.148.237.242
Old 25-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
just won a job (in the last half hour) cutting up two 100 ton mud hoppers hopefully start early next week
Make sure your camera is charged, and put in a good location for some good footage
  #10   IP: 2.102.14.81
Old 25-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Knight of the East

Should be fun, got to tow them 1/2 mile and though a set of locks going to borrow a tug from a pal of mine (never piloted one before) so may also have to learn how to swim