The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   IP: 31.50.217.61
Old 10-10-2014, 12:05 AM
grifferr grifferr is offline
Intendant of the Building
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Herefordshire
Posts: 302
Default Some job pictures

Ok this is a reservoir I have to dig. It is about 8m X 4m X 2m deep. I wanted to dig it with some slope on the sides so this and the limited access make it an interesting job. The ground is made up the first few buckets and there was concrete and bricks which I weren't to pleased about. V8 and Minty thought this may be worth a look. It was a washout today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141008_100106.jpg (92.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg 20141008_120351.jpg (97.0 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg 20141008_164240.jpg (99.2 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg 20141008_164320.jpg (98.3 KB, 164 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 86.165.228.224
Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,222
Default Re: Some job pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifferr View Post
Ok this is a reservoir I have to dig. It is about 8m X 4m X 2m deep. I wanted to dig it with some slope on the sides so this and the limited access make it an interesting job. The ground is made up the first few buckets and there was concrete and bricks which I weren't to pleased about. V8 and Minty thought this may be worth a look. It was a washout today!
Not bad digging lower down though Griff !!
Where was that taken then, 'cos it has persisted down here ALL day an' the wheel barrows are now all overflowin'
Looks pretty dry there?
Tha's gonna be a fair-ish hefalump trap, by the time it's all dug out.
How you shifting the spoil and what're you doin' with it???????
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by V8Druid; 10-10-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 92.14.180.172
Old 10-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Traxcavator.'s Avatar
Traxcavator. Traxcavator. is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Hemisphere.
Posts: 13,027
Default Re: Some job pictures

Are you to put a tank in this excavation ? or will it be allowed to fill with water as it is ? I would be quite sure that if it is left 'as is' the side walls will collapse.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 176.253.206.241
Old 10-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Local Diggers's Avatar
Local Diggers Local Diggers is offline
Knight of the East
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gatwick
Posts: 3,985
Default Re: Some job pictures

druid, lets be honest here, in your part of the world the wheelbarrows over flow with rain on a summers day! dont quote me but im sure its been raining in south wales non stop since 1964. ps bang tidy job there griff
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 86.165.228.224
Old 10-10-2014, 11:09 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,222
Default Re: Some job pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
druid, lets be honest here, in your part of the world the wheelbarrows over flow with rain on a summers day! dont quote me but im sure its been raining in south wales non stop since 1964. ps bang tidy job there griff
Nah Dan, in '64 it snowed like f*** and buried us and the rest of the country. Must've been '65 you were thinking of!!!!
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 86.26.201.210
Old 10-10-2014, 07:35 PM
strott strott is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Swindon, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,906
Default Re: Some job pictures

Lovely tidy excavation there
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 31.50.217.61
Old 10-10-2014, 09:18 PM
grifferr grifferr is offline
Intendant of the Building
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Herefordshire
Posts: 302
Default Re: Some job pictures

Trax it will have underlay and a liner in it so I hope it will be ok. A bit off a problem today I
Found a drain . It was 1.7 deep and quite a bit of flow. It will be a problem for the liner if water is coming behind it and the reservoir is low.
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 81.135.134.187
Old 10-10-2014, 10:18 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 13,222
Default Re: Some job pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifferr View Post
Trax it will have underlay and a liner in it so I hope it will be ok. A bit off a problem today I
Found a drain . It was 1.7 deep and quite a bit of flow. It will be a problem for the liner if water is coming behind it and the reservoir is low.
I presume you're talking land drain here Griff? That's a PITA !!
Could it be utilised as a supply for the irrigation res. or you gonna have to divert it?
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 86.142.155.179
Old 10-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Davejcb Davejcb is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 937
Default Re: Some job pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifferr View Post
Trax it will have underlay and a liner in it so I hope it will be ok. A bit off a problem today I
Found a drain . It was 1.7 deep and quite a bit of flow. It will be a problem for the liner if water is coming behind it and the reservoir is low.
Water in the res' or not the liner is still gonna float up if it's getting water behind the liner...

Why does it need to be a open hole like this? What's it actually for? Can't you put soakaway crates in it and backfill over them so it's safe with no chance of collapse?
Reply With Quote
  #10   IP: 86.152.2.7
Old 10-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Edwards1993 Edwards1993 is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 826
Default Re: Some job pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Not bad digging lower down though Griff !!
Where was that taken then, 'cos it has persisted down here ALL day an' the wheel barrows are now all overflowin'
Looks pretty dry there?
Tha's gonna be a fair-ish hefalump trap, by the time it's all dug out.
How you shifting the spoil and what're you doin' with it???????
Pic 2 if you look a bit closer gra there's a dumper behind the machine. I only just spotted it upon a closer look!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.