The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#21   IP: 95.147.75.69
Old 06-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: neuson 8003

Quite surprised at the speed of the grab closing to be honest, was expecting it to be quite slow, its usually small that manages to twist out of the grab occasionally..The usual problem with cutting the hazel is getting the branches into the corner without snatching some more behind.

The machine is going so so. Really doesn't like doing two things at a time. If there's a load on any ram, it'll grind to a halt until the other Ram has stopped or i've feathered the controlled . This also happene's when tracking. Bit annoying, they reckon that's the way they are. I Will be going to try another one out in the near future.
Everything on the engcon on the other hand works together in harmony no matter the load on it.
  #22   IP: 2.28.121.87
Old 06-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggars View Post
Quite surprised at the speed of the grab closing to be honest, was expecting it to be quite slow, its usually small that manages to twist out of the grab occasionally..The usual problem with cutting the hazel is getting the branches into the corner without snatching some more behind.

The machine is going so so. Really doesn't like doing two things at a time. If there's a load on any ram, it'll grind to a halt until the other Ram has stopped or i've feathered the controlled . This also happene's when tracking. Bit annoying, they reckon that's the way they are. I Will be going to try another one out in the near future.
Everything on the engcon on the other hand works together in harmony no matter the load on it.
Yes the Tiger are fast, the smaller one even quicker, which is why they are great on clearance work, and also why I decided to keep it as a hugely strong gripper rather than go the timber grab route as others have been trying.

Sorry to hear it's not going as well as you'd hoped, hopefully they will stick by you on it.

Eddie.
  #23   IP: 86.187.160.100
Old 06-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Knight of the East and West

Only just noticed this thread. That's a fine looking digger: I love the look of that va boom. It's good to have another breed of 8tonner on the forum. I reckon it would be a good idea, if you would all to swap machines for a week, and share your individual appraisals.
  #24   IP: 95.147.75.94
Old 12-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Afternoon,
Just found a grease nipple under the belly plate of the Neuson, Talk bout a bloody stupid place to grease, 4 Bolts to undo, and a bloody heavy plate to lift( And covered in Grease on the inside as well). Needs doing once a week acording to Book.

Anybody else found some in silly places ?
  #25   IP: 85.255.233.1
Old 12-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Afternoon,
Just found a grease nipple under the belly plate of the Neuson, Talk bout a bloody stupid place to grease, 4 Bolts to undo, and a bloody heavy plate to lift( And covered in Grease on the inside as well). Needs doing once a week acording to Book.

That sounds like a ball ache and a bloody stupid idea!

Any chance of getting a remote grease tube fitted on it so its in an easier position?

I can think of several on various bits of kit that are awkward , some get modified (remote tube) others you just have to live with!
I sometimes wonder if the actually want machines to be greased when they design them! Got pin end greasing ,on the JCB 86c, for the dozer pivot, not the easiest to get to and it's always full of shit, as its recessed. I expect most will never get done, at least is only the blade , the rest of it is mostly easy though.

James
  #26   IP: 109.158.99.214
Old 12-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Smile Re: neuson 8003

Huw
Hope it serves you well
All the very best
  #27   IP: 86.175.212.241
Old 12-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Well well well, what can I say..................I missed this thread too you must think some of us a right bunch of tossers

Congratulations on the machine, really looks very well spec'd and a tiltrotator on the end is the icing on the cake imho

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #28   IP: 92.30.4.85
Old 12-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Afternoon,

I'm sure you can get some long hoses made up and fit remote greasing points. We do it alot. Just fitted some on a Cat D4H. We manufacture weld on, and sometimes drill holes and recess spigot mounts for the grease nipples. The easier greasing is the more likely it is to be carried out. ...
  #29   IP: 86.189.237.50
Old 12-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Knight of the East and West

Had the same problem with a Komatsu 65 blade with the equaliser bar and had some pipes made up onto the side of the frame and also the same with crusher bucket I had, getting to grease it was a nitemare, but passed them onto Liam, so hopefully they worked ok for him.
  #30   IP: 92.30.4.85
Old 12-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Had the same problem with a Komatsu 65 blade with the equaliser bar and had some pipes made up onto the side of the frame and also the same with crusher bucket I had, getting to grease it was a nitemare, but passed them onto Liam, so hopefully they worked ok for him.
We modified a D65PX-12 so we could grease the saddle pin (centre equaliser bar pin) from frame at side of engine instead of taking belly plate off !! Dash 15 was modified by komatsu..... at the factory