The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#71   IP: 95.147.72.37
Old 13-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: neuson 8003

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Great to know machine is behaving itself.

I think we all have different ideas / expectations of how a piece of kit should behave / perform, sometimes unrealistic and many times simply down to the way we use it or have used other similar kit previously.
I generally find we adapt over time to get the best result we can with whatever it is we're using.

The picture of the slung pipe. Always try to keep the bucket ram open when lifting. It is one thing less to fail, but also helps prevent snagging of the lifting gear which can lead to premature failure.
It's a big issue within the "plant / construction industry" & I don't want you getting unnecessary flack from keyboard warriors when a simple "heads up" is all that's required
Thanks, It was slung like that because i didn't want to stress the hook to Much, Its says 3000kg on it but not convinced it would take it at the open end if you see what i mean.Its under threat of being cut off as it dont look right for lifting and its very good at catching anything that can snag on it.
It was only a try out to see whether we needed a larger machine or not.
It was slung eventually on a Large D Shackle from the Links arm. Just used the one Heavy Sling in the end also ,simple Job in the end.

Huw

Last edited by Cheggars; 13-11-2016 at 01:54 PM.
  #72   IP: 31.51.181.178
Old 13-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
It never crossed my mind so thanks for the words of wisdom chaps.
It was worth the comment then which is what this place is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggars View Post
...It was slung like that ................
Huw
No problem, you took the observation the way it was intended.

As for the hook, Don't cut it off, you'll forever kick yourself. Saw the perfect solution on a machine in Scotland. O/op having exatly same problem as you, it constantly snagging branches etc so he bolted a blanking plate either side of it. Still has use of the hook should he ever need it, simply by removing the bolts.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #73   IP: 95.147.72.37
Old 13-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
It was worth the comment then which is what this place is all about.

No problem, you took the observation the way it was intended.

As for the hook, Don't cut it off, you'll forever kick yourself. Saw the perfect solution on a machine in Scotland. O/op having exatly same problem as you, it constantly snagging branches etc so he bolted a blanking plate either side of it. Still has use of the hook should he ever need it, simply by removing the bolts.
Cheers ,sounds like a good plan, Just had a look back at the picture now. why hell i had the quick fit rolled over so much i dont know.
Still prefer the link arm to lift from, thats plated for 6 ton. Bit more than the machine ever going to lift.
  #74   IP: 31.52.88.248
Old 13-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggars View Post
Thanks, It was slung like that because i didn't want to stress the hook to Much, Its says 3000kg on it but not convinced it would take it at the open end if you see what i mean.Its under threat of being cut off as it dont look right for lifting and its very good at catching anything that can snag on it.
It was slung eventually on a Large D Shackle from the Links arm. Just used the one Heavy Sling in the end also ,simple Job in the end.

Huw
I'd have a good look at that sling, in the original pic, Huw, before you give it any further serious use ... green is only 2 tonnes straight lift, as a general rule of thumb, less in a choke, but the definitive rating will be the number of lines of stitching in the length of it ..... one, two, three, etc., one row per tonne for its SWL straight
Varies dramatically, depending how it's used though, no matter what the size.

Best pic I can find on the stitching rows, but can see it .. just !!
  #75   IP: 95.147.72.52
Old 13-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Thanks,Usefull chart that, i'll try print that off. Just inside the capacity of the grey strap by the looks. Didn't like the look of that set up anyway, ( Green strap no longer with us Anyway). them things too dangerous to make mistakes with.