The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#21   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 27-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Provost and Judge

Default Re: DA Rail Thread

Bit of flailing with a Komatsu PW150 that had had a few birthdays, still one of the best ducks I've ever drove and a great all rounder on rail. -5/-6 Komatsus have to be one of my all time favourite machines to this day.

Last edited by DuckingAround; 27-09-2015 at 12:53 PM.
  #22   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 27-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Provost and Judge

New vans and digging out a bit of a sand pit for the training school, bit of a job anyone who found themselves free in the yard had a go at.

#23   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 27-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Provost and Judge

and a not so great condition Komatsu 138

DA
  #24   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 30-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Provost and Judge

Few from a deep drainage job and a bit of a much shift for a new site

DA
  #25   IP: 95.144.116.19
Old 30-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Knight of the East

Trying to think of your name?

You came to Hood's a while after I moved on, and I think I know the second of the two sites pictured with the 963 working as being near Cheadle?

You in Australia now?

I could be totally wrong?

Eddie.
  #26   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 01-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
Trying to think of your name?

You came to Hood's a while after I moved on, and I think I know the second of the two sites pictured with the 963 working as being near Cheadle?

You in Australia now?

I could be totally wrong?

Eddie.

Hey Eddie,

Don't think you would of met me, I just done a bit for Hood now and again if rail was quiet, same for Mr Parnell . I'd say its my brother you are thinking of as he was full time for a few years with Hood. Yea I came out to Australia in 2012, brother in 2013, if I remember correctly. He's heading back later this year.

Yep your right about the site near Cheadle, done the access road and started the muckshift after the tree boys had been in (Possibly yourself??) to clear it, then back to rail and one of the full time guys finished it.

DA
  #27   IP: 95.144.116.19
Old 01-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckingAround View Post
Hey Eddie,

Don't think you would of met me, I just done a bit for Hood now and again if rail was quiet, same for Mr Parnell . I'd say its my brother you are thinking of as he was full time for a few years with Hood. Yea I came out to Australia in 2012, brother in 2013, if I remember correctly. He's heading back later this year.

Yep your right about the site near Cheadle, done the access road and started the muckshift after the tree boys had been in (Possibly yourself??) to clear it, then back to rail and one of the full time guys finished it.

DA
It must be your Brother as I heard someone had gone over there from a few of the lads.
If you've done a bit for KP you're good enough for anyone!

I was asked to price for those trees, but simply too expensive to send kit in for them.

I hope it's working out for you out there, and if your Brother is heading back, there's a huge shortage of real Operators here now.
We are on course for the least skilled, but more tickets than a raffle workforce you could ever assemble in this country!

Eddie.
  #28   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 AM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
It must be your Brother as I heard someone had gone over there from a few of the lads.
If you've done a bit for KP you're good enough for anyone!

I was asked to price for those trees, but simply too expensive to send kit in for them.

I hope it's working out for you out there, and if your Brother is heading back, there's a huge shortage of real Operators here now.
We are on course for the least skilled, but more tickets than a raffle workforce you could ever assemble in this country!

Eddie.
Hi Eddie, yes KP is a character but I must say the few dealings I had with him he was a gentleman and true to his word which as you know is rare now a days. I heard plenty of stories before I went to operate for him though! I stripped a site near where the a50 meets the 500 (on the left if your heading to j16) to keep the planning alive with a nice little d5 he had at the time and the operator on his rubber duck was telling me some crackers about working for him over the years. I don't have a truck license but my brother and a couple of other lads I know have done a fair bit on the tippers for him, road planing at nights and that sort of thing. Is he still about as much?

Yes from memory the trees wern't very mature and couldn't have been planted very long, the 320d certainly didn't strain herself grubbing the roots out that's for sure.

It's going pretty good out here, bit restricted work wise as on sponsorship at the minute but hopefully early next year will have residency which will allow for more work opportunities if I decide to leave my current employer.

I'm hearing all the horror stories about these foreign operators and the shortage. Dad is working on the Aberdeen bypass and in one day reckons out of the three dump trucks he had with him 1 driver got stuck in to the top of all 6 wheels, 1 rolled the body 3 different times and the third reversed over the foremans pick up truck! Bet it still won't drive the rates up for the experienced blokes unfortunately

DA
  #29   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 09-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Provost and Judge

This was KPs at the time Eddie. First one I ever drove with the finger tip steering controls

#30   IP: 122.150.127.208
Old 09-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Provost and Judge

First job I done in Oz. 90 km iron ore line for a new mine. Built on standard gauge, as no tampers or regulators available in narrow gauge, then gauge converted and de-stressed in narrow gauge. Built the turn outs and done all the tidying up ready for a narrow gauge tamper to come in on short term hire to tamp turnouts and do the snagging. Case was an import from England and one of the rarest I have operated with its modified arse.