The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   IP: 81.154.247.172
Old 07-04-2016, 06:00 PM
hiluxman hiluxman is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 583
Default bobcat e10

Has anyone got a bobcat e10, what are they like after a few hours on them.

Do they have bushes? As i was told some of the older bobcat were just pins. (Dont know how true that is but thought id ask anyway)

There does seem to be alot of used e10s about so im assuming they are a decent micro.

Im looking at a new one.......well its down to what the rep says tomorrow.

My jcb 8010 is a great machine and ive had few 8010's but jcbs price is way too much, so its time to look alternatives.
__________________
If in doubt hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 94.13.217.93
Old 07-04-2016, 08:00 PM
sjs5060's Avatar
sjs5060 sjs5060 is offline
Provost and Judge
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: wigan
Posts: 252
Default Re: bobcat e10

I hire one occasionally and I like it, doesn't seem to have stood time too bad. Paint work hasn't stayed the best tho. Much better to drive with servos. Not had a price on an e10 but the latest Takeuchi on servos is 12750, which I thought was a little steep?

Ste
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 81.154.247.172
Old 07-04-2016, 08:25 PM
hiluxman hiluxman is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 583
Default Re: bobcat e10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs5060 View Post
I hire one occasionally and I like it, doesn't seem to have stood time too bad. Paint work hasn't stayed the best tho. Much better to drive with servos. Not had a price on an e10 but the latest Takeuchi on servos is 12750, which I thought was a little steep?

Ste
You havent seen a price for a new jcb 8010 then

And i love the 8010. Much much better over the 8008.

An 8010 is 15.5k and has to be ordered. No way can i justify that. My last new one was about 5k cheaper.
__________________
If in doubt hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 149.12.4.136
Old 07-04-2016, 08:31 PM
OllieGunns's Avatar
OllieGunns OllieGunns is offline
Provost and Judge
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 273
Default Re: bobcat e10

Wow that is a lot for what is now a fairly old design. JCB need to revamp the micro range really to keep up to date. Kubota, Tak and Bobcat all do a zero swing micro which is really handy for what micro's are generally used for - tight spots! Also servo's are the way forward these days. If I was buying new, it would be a must have.
Seen quite a few of these Bobcats about, must be making the right impressions although I hear the paint is worse than a mid 00's thwaites dumper!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5   IP: 81.154.247.172
Old 07-04-2016, 08:45 PM
hiluxman hiluxman is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 583
Default Re: bobcat e10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Wow that is a lot for what is now a fairly old design. JCB need to revamp the micro range really to keep up to date. Kubota, Tak and Bobcat all do a zero swing micro which is really handy for what micro's are generally used for - tight spots! Also servo's are the way forward these days. If I was buying new, it would be a must have.
Seen quite a few of these Bobcats about, must be making the right impressions although I hear the paint is worse than a mid 00's thwaites dumper!
I love the 8010, and ive had a few. Ive always said its the only jcb id buy and have on fleet, and at the mo it is. The rest are cat

The micro does a good % of my work and id happily buy another as it ticks every box for me.
It will out preform a k008 any day. And the u10 was just way too tippy.

Bobcat e10 is looking like the best replacement, im just hoping mts bobcat come up trumps on price and customer service. As they ignored a request for a price for an e10 in january.

Yes ive seen lots of e10s with fresh paint. I was told this has been smartened up recently but i will b asking the rep 2moz.
__________________
If in doubt hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #6   IP: 82.18.68.219
Old 07-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Regy53's Avatar
Regy53 Regy53 is offline
Grand Master Architect
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Posts: 1,090
Default Re: bobcat e10

The e10's we have traded have all had bad paint but all stood the test of time, they ae a a bit in the asthetics but digging wise and wear wise no worse than any other, that said 1 digger with just 1000 hours on in bad hands is worse than a 5000 hour one in good hands so its hard to comment
__________________
Ross


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7   IP: 81.154.247.172
Old 07-04-2016, 10:19 PM
hiluxman hiluxman is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 583
Default Re: bobcat e10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
The e10's we have traded have all had bad paint but all stood the test of time, they ae a a bit in the asthetics but digging wise and wear wise no worse than any other, that said 1 digger with just 1000 hours on in bad hands is worse than a 5000 hour one in good hands so its hard to comment
That is very true.

Mine only have 2 drivers and we are both finatical about grease and servicing, so if thy can do 2k hours as a hire machine then they can do 4k hours in our hands.
__________________
If in doubt hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #8   IP: 86.132.49.121
Old 07-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Local Diggers's Avatar
Local Diggers Local Diggers is offline
Knight of the East
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gatwick
Posts: 3,985
Default Re: bobcat e10

jcb are not giving you good prices on the 8010. i would be looking at the kobelco, (tom edwards has one) he is a forum user. if i was paying i would pick the new takeuchi tb210r though. will hold value, is brand new design and only released 6 months ago so will hold its value really well i would think. will be ultra smooth
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9   IP: 82.47.252.189
Old 09-04-2016, 01:42 AM
joey123 joey123 is offline
Intendant of the Building
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 319
Default Re: bobcat e10

Hi Hiluxman ,

We run a Bobcat e10 and by far better than any other micro we have had. It's 1.2t as opposed to some at 800kg, the tracks expand to 1200mm which makes it very stable and obviously she's on servos.

We have had her from new put just under 500 hrs on and I think is around about 18months old.

The only problem we have had is hose came lose on the track / blade change over valve.

No problem with paint but all our kit is kept inside, it's only had one driver so to be honest I wouldn't expect any problems with it anyway.

Dealer wise they have been sound and the salesman is 100% down the line with no bullshit start high and come down tactics.

If you decide to go used give me a shout as I'd let ours go now and replace with new.
__________________
If I can't do you a good turn, I won't do you a bad one
Reply With Quote
  #10   IP: 81.154.247.172
Old 09-04-2016, 07:09 PM
hiluxman hiluxman is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 583
Default Re: bobcat e10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey123 View Post
Hi Hiluxman ,

We run a Bobcat e10 and by far better than any other micro we have had. It's 1.2t as opposed to some at 800kg, the tracks expand to 1200mm which makes it very stable and obviously she's on servos.

We have had her from new put just under 500 hrs on and I think is around about 18months old.

The only problem we have had is hose came lose on the track / blade change over valve.

No problem with paint but all our kit is kept inside, it's only had one driver so to be honest I wouldn't expect any problems with it anyway.

Dealer wise they have been sound and the salesman is 100% down the line with no bullshit start high and come down tactics.

If you decide to go used give me a shout as I'd let ours go now and replace with new.
thanks, thats why i like the jcb 8010 as that is 1.1t so uve got that weight behind you.

The rep has come across as a not bull shit bloke so far.

Pm what sort of price and general details of your machine please. Ive normally bought micros and mins from new, but it may give me something to think about.

Rep told me they have 3yrs/4000 hours warranty too.
__________________
If in doubt hit it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.