The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Video Clip Links

#1   IP: 194.75.18.55
Old 02-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Fun with a duck and tilty

Met Aimee on site one day. Nice person and a great operator. That was before she operated this set up and she was looking to have a go on my Euromach. Unfortunately the site agent wasn't happy with us chatting even though she had nothing to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVzlIwbTcHc
She has uploaded a few vids.
Graham
  #2   IP: 31.51.242.60
Old 03-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Fun with a duck and tilty

got bored watching and turned off,wouldnt last long on an hourly ratewhy in every video i have watched with tiltys do the operators do so many un needed moves tipping out of the corner of the bucket,spinning around 180 to pick up a shovel full then emptying bucket to stock pile??i can go on,i can see how they are a god send with a set of forks but for anything else cant see what the fuss is all about
  #3   IP: 92.30.23.24
Old 03-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
got bored watching and turned off,wouldnt last long on an hourly ratewhy in every video i have watched with tiltys do the operators do so many un needed moves tipping out of the corner of the bucket,spinning around 180 to pick up a shovel full then emptying bucket to stock pile??i can go on,i can see how they are a god send with a set of forks but for anything else cant see what the fuss is all about
It does seem to bring the artist out in the "look what I can do now" operator. Have watched operators with just tilt buckets twisting and turning all over the place ..... mainly when dumping / tipping. Makes me shake my head with confusion

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 03-06-2016 at 07:37 PM.
  #4   IP: 31.51.242.60
Old 03-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Elect of Fifteen

its almost like "i spent all this money and im gonna bloody use it"! its for the play station generation im afraid
  #5   IP: 2.13.246.15
Old 03-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Intendant of the Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
Yep I turned it off before it was done too - not my thing - a lot of that unnecessary spinning and tilting goes on in these vids ...planning how you are going to tackle a job and minimize movements and not double handle etc are harder earnt skills than flicking the top off a beer bottle
saying that the benefits of a tiltrotator are pretty obvious.
  #6   IP: 86.190.116.229
Old 03-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I couldn't watch it all either, I watched another of her vids that looked more like work than playing, it should be said that she certainly can handle that duck and is using the thing like an extension of her hand, but it was another one I had to switch off, at over 30 minutes long I wasn't going to watch the whole thing!

Treading on dangerous ground here again....but you do see a lot of tilting and twisting that isn't needed in some of the tilty vids......or is it just our perception of it?

I've been using my tilt bucket recently and you do miss it when it's not there, I can see how people fall in love with a tilty.
  #7   IP: 2.13.246.15
Old 03-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Intendant of the Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
I couldn't watch it all either, I watched another of her vids that looked more like work than playing, it should be said that she certainly can handle that duck and is using the thing like an extension of her hand, but it was another one I had to switch off, at over 30 minutes long I wasn't going to watch the whole thing!

Treading on dangerous ground here again....but you do see a lot of tilting and twisting that isn't needed in some of the tilty vids......or is it just our perception of it?

I've been using my tilt bucket recently and you do miss it when it's not there, I can see how people fall in love with a tilty.
I dont doubt her skills on that duck either - I have recently bought a tilt ditch and find myself messing about unnecessarily - hopefully it will wear off
  #8   IP: 212.56.106.238
Old 03-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I only put it up as a bit of light relief, she is messing about lighting a garden stove thing for goodness sake. The whole thing is unnecessary.
But in my opinion she is a very good operator, I can't get nearly as smooth as she is with my Volvo.
Graham
  #9   IP: 86.138.44.249
Old 03-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
I only put it up as a bit of light relief, she is messing about lighting a garden stove thing for goodness sake. The whole thing is unnecessary.
But in my opinion she is a very good operator, I can't get nearly as smooth as she is with my Volvo.
Graham
Your right graham, she's an exceptional operator, and she'd out perform 90% of the men on sites at the moment, with a tilty on or not, even more impressive that it's in a male domminated industry as well.
  #10   IP: 86.139.113.244
Old 03-06-2016, 11:25 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

I have to add that she really is one smooooooth operator ..... regardless of whether there're too many tilts/turns/etc. ........ Aimee can sure as hell handle that duck, like it's an extension of her arms