The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#1   IP: 50.66.244.137
Old 15-12-2016, 01:59 AM
Knight of the East and West

Default Some ATV'ing or Quadding

Well I had some opportunity to go quadding this year I got to go twice in the Mountains which was really something for somebody from flat land. I also traded my little buggy I had bought two years ago for a better quad despite being a little older I got a far more capable vehicle. The buggy just never really worked for me it was fun to drive and everything but wasn't nearly as maneuverable, needed more ground clearance and bigger tires, and was a pain in the butt to transport. So a guy from near Calgary came down with Can-Am Outlander 800 quad with a set of tracks! And a snowplow. I checked everything out and was pleased with what I was getting and he was happy with what he was getting. Soon after I loaded it up in my truck and headed for Manitoba to work for my friend for a little while. I had nothing else to do on the weekends so if it wasn't raining I went riding.
  #2   IP: 50.66.244.137
Old 15-12-2016, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Some ATV'ing or Quadding

One of the highlights of riding in the Mountains was when we got up to the foot of Window Mountain, named just because it literally had a window at the top you could see through, the trail there however was pretty rough and really made you work your suspension. The views there were really spectacular and I hope to go again next year if not maybe during the winter or spring with these tracks I have now.
When I was back home I rode with a friend of mine and we came across a couple guys that had modified a Toyota truck in to a bit of a monster truck. The truck was no longer street legal so they had to trailer it to that spot so they could test out it's mods but I still insist quads are the way to go for mobility out in the bush those guys were really tearing the arse out of everything they tried to drive up or down.
  #3   IP: 2.48.46.48
Old 15-12-2016, 05:30 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Great pics Bert that scenery is something else! Completely agree you can't beat a quad for getting around I've been toying with buying my own here as now we just rent the bikes when we want to go out, not too expensive but nice to have your own setup. Just bought a new pickup though so it's staying on the wishlist for another while here's a few of my pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1481779384964.jpg (17.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1481779373746.jpg (30.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1481779264488.jpg (28.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1481779217726.jpg (23.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20151120_095846_zpsa2eugx3q-1600x900.jpg (69.8 KB, 19 views)
  #4   IP: 86.155.107.230
Old 15-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Knight of the East

you are lucky, if i get caught riding my atc around they take it off me and crush it... thats anywhere in the uk. simply not allowed. granted they have to catch me first but still bollocks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 151.226.240.179
Old 15-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Grand Master Architect

looking good, were quabike dealers for quadzilla / cf moto, they are great fun if used correctly, i.e as you are up mountains etc

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #6   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 15-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
you are lucky, if i get caught riding my atc around they take it off me and crush it... thats anywhere in the uk. simply not allowed. granted they have to catch me first but still bollocks
Rubbish. They're illegal to use for work, much the same as an unguarded circular saw would be illegal to use at work.

You can build any contraption you like and drive it around private land where you have permission or are the owner.
  #7   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 15-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
looking good, were quabike dealers for quadzilla / cf moto, they are great fun if used correctly, i.e as you are up mountains etc
Are you aware of the bypass for the rev limiter for reverse? Very useful when reversing a trailer, half the time it won't do it otherwise.
  #8   IP: 50.66.244.137
Old 15-12-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorcx130 View Post
Great pics Bert that scenery is something else! Completely agree you can't beat a quad for getting around I've been toying with buying my own here as now we just rent the bikes when we want to go out, not too expensive but nice to have your own setup. Just bought a new pickup though so it's staying on the wishlist for another while here's a few of my pictures
Looks like you had a Yamaha there those are great quads, my wife's uncle has an '05 660 Grizzly that's a lot of fun to drive and a '95 350 Wolverine that's just now starting to give some engine problems....largely because it seems to have no governor so he was always going like a bat out of hell with it. Lol We're fortunate to have designated trails and groups that maintain the trails so the tree huggers and leaf lickers can't say boo to our bit of fun.
  #9   IP: 86.155.107.230
Old 15-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
Rubbish. They're illegal to use for work, much the same as an unguarded circular saw would be illegal to use at work.

You can build any contraption you like and drive it around private land where you have permission or are the owner.
ahh yes but i have an acre, and try finding anyone who will let you on thier land to play, then they have an insurance issue if you get hurt. im talking about woodland etc, its a no go legally. i kid you not if i had 100acres of woodland i would set up a base camp at either end, and lots of tracks for quads, and do weekend quadbike camping trips. it would sell out every weekend. niche

#10   IP: 213.205.198.184
Old 16-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
Are you aware of the bypass for the rev limiter for reverse? Very useful when reversing a trailer, half the time it won't do it otherwise.
nope? not that im aware

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook