The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#11   IP: 86.169.128.165
Old 06-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Jcb 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
You are right, there is a check valve to stop it going the wrong way. Been a pain ever since I bought this one. The four others I have are older models and run both ways. Don't hold pressure either.
If I were to find the check valve and remove it what would be the problem with running the motor backwards - works fine on the older models?
Graham
is it a gear, or piston motor Gra ..... piston I presume
  #12   IP: 78.147.6.214
Old 07-04-2017, 06:47 AM
Grand Master Architect

Last year I was on a Hitachi 14t with an allu type screener. When you needed to dump pressure there is a button on top of the hydraulic tank which depressurises the system. This was a new machine at the time so might be worth checking the tank? It always worked OK.
  #13   IP: 213.205.198.130
Old 07-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Graham, I've sent you an email.
  #14   IP: 213.205.198.130
Old 07-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
Last year I was on a Hitachi 14t with an allu type screener. When you needed to dump pressure there is a button on top of the hydraulic tank which depressurises the system. This was a new machine at the time so might be worth checking the tank? It always worked OK.
I'll
Have a look when I have the next one on hire.
Thanks
Graham
  #15   IP: 96.43.76.153
Old 28-06-2017, 01:22 AM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Since Hewden went bust we have moved to hiring most stuff from A Plant. They supply JCB 130's nearly new. I couldn't contemplate buying one, it has been driving me mad. Key and code to start, Not just an isolator arm, but a rocker switch as well which is tempermental and don't get me started on the quick hitch - a complete nightmare. No shut off valves in the breaker circuit just above the couplers, so to change a duff one meant oil pouring out everywhere.
Which brings me to my point after that rant. We need to dump the pressure in the breaker circuit before dropping off our rotary sieve. I can't work out how to do this and we ended up with so much pressure locked in the sieve even the coupler tongs wouldn't re attach it. Anyone know the trick?
Thanks
Graham
Coupler Tongs. Like the WAITEHolp Quick-on? http://holp.eu/index.php?index=1&lng...uid=77&show=9l Would love to see what you use. Seen some on the internet but nothing sold here in the States. I have a Pressure issue with my 4:1 Bucket on my JCB back hoe. I made a valve with male and female connector on it. Disconnect a coupler and put it on the valve do the same with the other. To put 4:1 hoses back on the machine. Shut it down, Push /pull the Aux controls and it still wouldn't go on. Oh, it would if I had someone holding the control lever one way or the other as I attached. BUt with this valve, I can relieve pressure in the Bucket by opening the valve. Now on the removable Backhoe, I am scared to disconnect the I cannot use my valve for that. I f I relive pressure in the Backhoe lines, the Backhoe will come crashing down as it sits on it's Bucket and outriggers. I am guessing this would be a job for the Tongs which I cannot find.

Last edited by Tony H; 28-06-2017 at 01:41 AM.
  #16   IP: 159.253.162.103
Old 28-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Tony,
They are the Holp quick on tongs. They are usually great, this is the first time they have failed. More the fact I was not strong enough to pull the lever down. The tong didn't give way. It had trapped full pressure in both the machine side and the attachment side. Once I had dumped the pressure in one side I has strong enough to overcome the pressure in the other side and couple up. I would definitely recommend them.
Graham
  #17   IP: 96.43.76.153
Old 28-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Tony,
They are the Holp quick on tongs. They are usually great, this is the first time they have failed. More the fact I was not strong enough to pull the lever down. The tong didn't give way. It had trapped full pressure in both the machine side and the attachment side. Once I had dumped the pressure in one side I has strong enough to overcome the pressure in the other side and couple up. I would definitely recommend them.
Graham
Absolutely would get a pair but they don't sell them here in the States. I was looking at them years ago . that's why I had the URL handy. I sent HOLP an e-mail again. Maybe they learned how to swim. Good to know that that tool held up. Thanks
  #18   IP: 31.185.213.116
Old 29-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

You might try these people as they have a website in English
https://www.kramp.com/shop-de/en/147...oupling+pliers
Graham
  #19   IP: 86.143.138.239
Old 29-06-2017, 08:04 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
You might try these people as they have a website in English
https://www.kramp.com/shop-de/en/147...oupling+pliers
Graham
what a bloody performance trying to make contact with them Gra!!
eventually sussed an email contact page
  #20   IP: 86.143.138.239
Old 29-06-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
Coupler Tongs. Like the WAITEHolp Quick-on? http://holp.eu/index.php?index=1&lng...uid=77&show=9l Would love to see what you use. Seen some on the internet but nothing sold here in the States. I have a Pressure issue with my 4:1 Bucket on my JCB back hoe. I made a valve with male and female connector on it. Disconnect a coupler and put it on the valve do the same with the other. To put 4:1 hoses back on the machine. Shut it down, Push /pull the Aux controls and it still wouldn't go on. Oh, it would if I had someone holding the control lever one way or the other as I attached. BUt with this valve, I can relieve pressure in the Bucket by opening the valve. Now on the removable Backhoe, I am scared to disconnect the I cannot use my valve for that. I f I relive pressure in the Backhoe lines, the Backhoe will come crashing down as it sits on it's Bucket and outriggers. I am guessing this would be a job for the Tongs which I cannot find.
why not put a couple of shut off valves after the couplers in the back hoe supply/return lines, so you can close off the circuits on the detached unit, without fear of losing any pressure, whilst faffing about with the QCs?