The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Video Clip Links

#11   IP: 213.205.230.3
Old 08-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: JCB high-vis dumper.

Plant doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Can have the most comprehensively safe machine in the world. People will still have accidents. Visibility is great but ultimately dumpers are treated like gocarts and wheel barrows and left in the capable hands of people who aren't normally trusted with matches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #12   IP: 86.136.13.217
Old 08-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicurly View Post
For those not on Facebook.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3mXZlFWMAz0

Certainly safer than the last dumper I drove. 9ton with a blind spot you could loose a car in, especially with a "full" skip.

JCB must be spending a fortune on Facebook advertising, have seen it 3 or 4 times in suggested posts today.
The 10T Wacker Alex hired, that I spent weeks in, was as bad if not worse .... forward visibility was appalling ... not aided by the fact that the fwd facing camera fitted to it ... had no in-cab screen !!
I went virtually everywhere backwards .... just could not see going forwards ..... full or empty !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Hmm, yes, I can see what they are trying to achieve, and with a lot of materials it will be fine, but muck shifting, which lets face it, is a big part of what most dumpers will do on a building site, it's surely go a be a PITA......

I like the cab, I'd like to see a cab that rotates, or at least the driver in the cab rotates, so much of the traveling can be done with the cab/driver at the front, you won't get better visibility than that....
let's hope it has more guts in the soft than the 6T Terex (JCB) that replaced Wacker .... had it damned near stuck second run and only JUST wriggled it out, eventually .... fill the skip and it struggled to empty it .... under 10 hrs on the clock
..... looks to be the same size wheels on that and just ain't big enough for 7T on the soft.
As for the skip WTF's that shelf all about on the front??? You'd never get the sticky sh1te out o' that ...... no way, no how .... not even downhill !!
  #13   IP: 178.103.144.118
Old 09-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
As for the skip WTF's that shelf all about on the front???
So you can't over fill it
  #14   IP: 109.150.24.138
Old 09-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Elect of Fifteen

I'd like to see a video of it loaded with gault clay and patted down. I expect when it tips the op will be pressed up the windscreen. When the complaints roll in it'll be the ops fault for carrying unsuitable material.
  #15   IP: 86.136.13.217
Old 09-06-2017, 08:51 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
So you can't over fill it
reckon you could get a fair bit of clag patted onto the shelf Ollie and an even bigger heap behind it

an edge is a pretty fair method of restraining you from over filling the skip

works well on mine
  #16   IP: 178.103.144.118
Old 09-06-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
reckon you could get a fair bit of clag patted onto the shelf Ollie and an even bigger heap behind it

an edge is a pretty fair method of restraining you from over filling the skip

works well on mine
It's all to do with visibility Gra, and the fact you can see someone more or less in front of the skip, with a load on, yeh, it does look different/strange....but so did the Hydradig and look how that has taken off. In the last 12 months, it's been something like every 8 weeks someone has been killed by a forward tipping dumper, so as long as it works, that's all that matters.....did you have a look at the one with the seat that span round? That was good, but again, looked different.
  #17   IP: 86.136.13.217
Old 09-06-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
It's all to do with visibility Gra, and the fact you can see someone more or less in front of the skip, with a load on, yeh, it does look different/strange....but so did the Hydradig and look how that has taken off. In the last 12 months, it's been something like every 8 weeks someone has been killed by a forward tipping dumper, so as long as it works, that's all that matters.....did you have a look at the one with the seat that span round? That was good, but again, looked different.
I saw one on FB a while ago where the entire cab spun around .... looked a pretty cool idea ..... but it didn't look like it'd negotiate a wet lawn

Can't recall who's it was though .. have you seen it.

I'd have posted it here, but the FB vid.s just won't link, unless you have an FB a/c and couldn't find it on youtube.

I can see why they've come up with the low slung skip idea, but it'd only work for the FT, not a swivel.

TBH ... I can't see why you'd want a dumper of that size on a 'heavily populated' site though .... the 10t wacker I keep blathering about was a great unit for shifting muck .... we shifted about 8000 tonnes with it ... backwards !!
I for one would not want the responsibility of maneuvering that about a site, with lots of bodies about ..... you just could not see a ****ing thing going forwards
  #18   IP: 178.103.144.118
Old 10-06-2017, 09:12 AM

Have seen one, but can't remmber the name of it either.....the one where the seat spun round was actually a swivel, but don't think visibility was as good as the JCB one. If they (JCB) were able to make the seat spin round and turn it into a swivel as well, think that would cover everything.....apart from the main problem, which is.......the man in the seat......until the company's that use these dumpers actually start to recognise that putting joe blogs on the seat "cos it keeps him busy"....(on the one piece of plant that usually is the busiest on site flying around everywhere), is not the way forward and start to see that putting someone who actually has half an idea about how to operate and look after the bit of kit, then I'm afraid these serious accidents are still going to happen.

Where we are, those 10T are not aloud on site for that reason....personally, I think they are just accidents waiting to happen, for that reason, you just can't see when loaded.....if you want to go to that size, would say the best thing for he job is the Hydrema.

Last edited by komatsu; 10-06-2017 at 09:53 AM.
  #19   IP: 78.147.3.105
Old 10-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Grand Master Architect

At least he could see where he was going,,....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site...TEfssCmmNhb_M:
  #20   IP: 213.162.104.101
Old 10-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Having driven 9 and 10 tonne conventional site dumpers and a Hydrema 10t the Hydrema beats the conventional in every way. Safety, production and comfort, but not on price and as we all know, there are lots of people who talk a good game on safety, but when it comes down to it hire rate per week wins. The only way I have a 10t conventional on site is if I can set up a dedicated haul road with only that running on it.
I don't work on building sites, but I thought these days you needed a ticket to operate anything, so the real idiots can't now just leap on and have a go. Maybe not?
Graham