The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Video Clip Links

#21   IP: 86.171.75.54
Old 10-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: JCB high-vis dumper.

Hi believe it was Mengzi that had cab that swings round, for the larger sizes you have either bergemann, the seat and controls can spin round 180 so can be driven with ease in either direction, obviously when facing the skip you will lose you field of vision up close, same engine and transmission as fitted to hydrema also bergemann has leaf suspension. I prefer the bergemann over the hydrema personally.

With the jcb prototype you can see the what they are trying to achieve, just look at the other new releases from thwaites and whacker at plantworx, they are still convenientl style dumpers that have been around for decades. In this day and age safety is priority and you can clearly see jcb are trying to change the industry view on plant between all its hi-viz models.

Yea I'm sure it's not perfect but it's still only a prototype in development, things take time to perfect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #22   IP: 81.147.103.47
Old 10-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
I don't work on building sites, but I thought these days you needed a ticket to operate anything, so the real idiots can't now just leap on and have a go. Maybe not?
Graham
Yes you need a ticket but dumper and roller tickets are given out like smarties.

It's usually the labourers that get given them as a digger driver is there to drive a digger and not get off to move the dumper about and those with any brains realise it's better sat in a cab than been wet through sat on a dumper n bouncing about all over.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of good dumper drivers but as with excavators there's plenty of bad too.

Also the flip side is that plenty of other people on site that don't realise what site dumpers are like and will just nip across in front of one or stop and stand in the blind spots.

Number of people that want to walk under boom is unreal they only want to nip across rather than waiting for you to slew out of way or put bucket on the floor. They usually get verbals a
  #23   IP: 92.23.92.41
Old 10-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
Yes you need a ticket but dumper and roller tickets are given out like smarties.

It's usually the labourers that get given them as a digger driver is there to drive a digger and not get off to move the dumper about and those with any brains realise it's better sat in a cab than been wet through sat on a dumper n bouncing about all over.
funny you should say that run in to my company's old fitter on site the other day and he was saying he is up for his dumper and roller tickets soon both in the same day dumper morning and roller in the afternoon. did think to myself that is a bit quick for the damage that can be done with them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.