#11   IP: 86.138.19.44
Old 11-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Plantworx Trip 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
There may just be photos
God help me....

On the plus side you won't be able to upload the fuckers, so it's all good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #12   IP: 86.136.13.217
Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
God help me....

"where there's a will...there's a way " .... or a druid
  #13   IP: 86.138.19.44
Old 11-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Piss off Corbyn....

Strangely the Druid was absent from plantworx..... All I'm saying is you never see Corbyn or Druid in the same place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (83.1 KB, 12 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #14   IP: 81.136.65.122
Old 11-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
God help me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Just look at the concentration

RORY.jpg

#15   IP: 86.138.19.44
Old 11-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:

Attachment 28530
Hardest part is forgetting you have bucket crowd.... As long as you treat the tilty as a secondary all is well.

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #16   IP: 82.20.150.176
Old 13-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
Any thoughts on the new volvo ec27? looked good to me and should just go on a trailer at listed weight not sure if that includes counter weight thoug h , good reach too.
What would you like to know?

#17   IP: 82.20.150.176
Old 13-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:

Attachment 28530
Concentration - that was Rory trying not to want one so much

#18   IP: 82.129.124.11
Old 13-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
Any thoughts on the new volvo ec27? looked good to me and should just go on a trailer at listed weight not sure if that includes counter weight though , good reach too.
I had a good look over the EC27D. Its probably the closest in specs to my 8026 but being built by Volvo, hopefully a little more reliable.
Initial thoughts were its got metal in all the right places, track frame looks beefy, good size arm etc but the thin plastic bodywork looked rattly to me and service access was poor. Its not supposed to be a zero tailswing but they had kept the back end tight and I don't know how that will affect its performance with such a long arm.
Inside the cab was nice, good space but nothing to write home about. I've inquired as to price etc so we shall see but my nearest dealer is Devon way so not sure how backup will be if required. To be honest I'm more tempted to get another JCB, extend the warranty and keep the service number on speed dial. Nothing has come close to its performance in this size yet.

I also had a good look round the new Kubota KX027-4, nice machine, but the spec sheet says it cant match the JCB although haven't driven it yet. Local hire firm just got a batch of them so I will give it a go. Also the Takeuchi TB230 looked a weapon. Almost a size up from the 2.8t competitors but the serial plate said it came in at 2885kg which is damn close to being towable. With specs like the JCB and manufactured by people who can make a thing or two it could be the one. Dealers closer too...

#19   IP: 86.136.13.217
Old 13-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Hardest part is forgetting you have bucket crowd.... As long as you treat the tilty as a secondary all is well.
????????
  #20   IP: 213.122.111.160
Old 13-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Intendant of the Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
I had a good look over the EC27D. Its probably the closest in specs to my 8026 but being built by Volvo, hopefully a little more reliable.
Initial thoughts were its got metal in all the right places, track frame looks beefy, good size arm etc but the thin plastic bodywork looked rattly to me and service access was poor. Its not supposed to be a zero tailswing but they had kept the back end tight and I don't know how that will affect its performance with such a long arm.
Inside the cab was nice, good space but nothing to write home about. I've inquired as to price etc so we shall see but my nearest dealer is Devon way so not sure how backup will be if required. To be honest I'm more tempted to get another JCB, extend the warranty and keep the service number on speed dial. Nothing has come close to its performance in this size yet.

I also had a good look round the new Kubota KX027-4, nice machine, but the spec sheet says it cant match the JCB although haven't driven it yet. Local hire firm just got a batch of them so I will give it a go. Also the Takeuchi TB230 looked a weapon. Almost a size up from the 2.8t competitors but the serial plate said it came in at 2885kg which is damn close to being towable. With specs like the JCB and manufactured by people who can make a thing or two it could be the one. Dealers closer too...
I to had a good look at the ec27d but i were comparing it to ec27c. I understand that the weight stamped on the machine does not include the bolt on weight which is 100kg. I don't really like the fact it has no rear end and as you say access is not good to do anything. They have changed from Yanmar to Kubota engines. The valve block must be under the floor which would i think make fitting the tilty a pain. I would like to try a D but will be sticking with my C for sometime i think.