The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#1   IP: 178.167.186.191
Old 02-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Perfect Master

Default Hydraulic pipe joiner

Had a hydraulic pipe burst on me today it's one of the small ones on the pilot side of system one of the other pipes seems to have a joiner that just clamps on so that you didn't have to take out the whole pipe to repair it as it's going up into one of the joysticks so just wondering what these joiners are called or where could I possibly get one the machine is a Fiat Hitachi 130 Dash 3

Last edited by john/k; 03-09-2017 at 08:46 AM.
  #2   IP: 31.53.208.42
Old 03-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Hydraulic pipe joiner

you can buy these reusable ends http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/25256...7332737&crdt=0

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 03-09-2017, 09:53 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

could have a new 1/4" pipe for half of that almost though

by the time you faff about getting two decent ends to joint and make the join you could have it off and replaced, I'd have thought
  #4   IP: 31.53.208.42
Old 03-09-2017, 10:40 AM

Obviously you can just buy what you need to fix one pipe , link was more to show what the product was as thats what the OP wanted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 86.158.217.37
Old 03-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Knight of the East

If it's a pilot pipe is it definitely rubber hose or could it be Plastic?

Quote:
To Be Continued.....
  #6   IP: 31.53.208.42
Old 03-09-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
If it's a pilot pipe is it definitely rubber hose or could it be Plastic?
could well be the nylon type ? cant say i have ever had one off ?

#7   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 03-09-2017, 10:00 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
Obviously you can just buy what you need to fix one pipe , link was more to show what the product was as thats what the OP wanted
with you Gra .....

I'd still be advocating replacement .... those screw on fittings are a bitch to use and would be a right ball ache in a confined space like that servo pipe is likely to be in
  #8   IP: 92.251.170.33
Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Perfect Master

It's definitely a hydraulic pipe but not a 3/8 pipe but fairly near it outside diameter smaller so probably won't take 3/8 fittings think I remember reading something about it before being an odd pipe so won't be able to get locally that's why I was hoping for a joiner there is already one on the machine looks to be some sort of ferrules with a sleeve that clamps on over that

Axis is no problem as it's down in the belly of the machine so can get at it from underneath easily as it blew just where it's going into some sort of manifold
  #9   IP: 31.52.94.169
Old 03-09-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john/k View Post
It's definitely a hydraulic pipe but not a 3/8 pipe but fairly near it outside diameter smaller so probably won't take 3/8 fittings think I remember reading something about it before being an odd pipe so won't be able to get locally that's why I was hoping for a joiner there is already one on the machine looks to be some sort of ferrules with a sleeve that clamps on over that

Axis is no problem as it's down in the belly of the machine so can get at it from underneath easily as it blew just where it's going into some sort of manifold
It's only the end fittings that will have to match John .... as long as the pipe itself is similar, can be anything within reason .... will almost certainly be metrics, I'd have thought ... lefthooker could probably shed some light on that ??
  #10   IP: 92.251.234.1
Old 04-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Perfect Master

Had a look at taking out the pipe easy access to the Lower End open up a couple of knots and the armrest where the joystick is turns back up so not too bad there only problem is the pipe runs down true a sleeve with the rest of the pipes no idea how to get the pipe back down there does anyone know how this is done