The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Situations Vacant / Post your CV

#11   IP: 81.135.95.106
Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Experience/work wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshsurferdude View Post
Well Mogman

To keep the coming in, Im currently working as an multi drop courier in Cardiff for Xmas as well as an minibus driver for an mountain bike park in Merthyr Tydfil which involves driving along slick wet gravel forest/haul roads to the top of the mountain with an trailer loaded with mountain bikes and drop them off at the top so they ride down and i drive back down and pick them up! repeat 12 times a day!

But I'd like to break into the heavy plant quarrying/mining industry driving to start with ADT's and Bucket loaders and progress from there.

Considering doing my EPIC quarry card but can't seem to find any trainers online of these cards in South Wales so will have to ask my local quarry next week.
Hi Boyo.
Did you try giving Alun Griffiths a ring, in Abergavenny - 01873 857211. Will shortly be kicking off on the next phase of the HOV A465 works.
He's also very busy I'm told, all over the place, as usual.

Good luck, but at least you're keeping busy.

Graham
  #12   IP: 86.149.24.163
Old 09-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Hi V8!

I did email them but no luck, Im hard of hearing so I can't use the phone!

where are their offices based in Abergavenny? I might do a good driving day on monday and go round them all, Griffiths, Walters, Miller Argent Opencast mine and all the quarries.
  #13   IP: 86.133.45.119
Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Will shortly be kicking off on the next phase of the HOV A465 works.

Graham
Hi Graham, where is the next phase Starting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 81.135.95.106
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshsurferdude View Post
Hi V8!

I did email them but no luck, Im hard of hearing so I can't use the phone!

where are their offices based in Abergavenny? I might do a good driving day on monday and go round them all, Griffiths, Walters, Miller Argent Opencast mine and all the quarries.
That must make it difficult getting your foot in doors!!
They've several offices Mate. Alun's a decent boke.

That number is Alun's own office in Nevill Street, by the main PO in the centre of town, or you can get in there behind the police station in Tudor St/Baker st. too.

Also have one in Station road, opposite the railway station. turn right as you run into Aber on the A40. 01873 857234 Dyllis Newman, or Ange. They could point you in the right direction, or get you a face 2 face perhaps?

Also 01873 853901 - Caswell's Yard, Govilon road, between Aber and Govilon, on the Llanfoist/Gilwern/ Blaenavon rd.. Main plant yard and new offices/workshops. Come off the HOV A465 1st exit after getting on it at Aber (1/2 a mile) - signed Llanfoist -Gilwern.

Trying hard to recall his Plant manager's name, which'd help if you could 'get at him'.
Memory's not what it was and haven't spoken to him in over 3 years, but it'll come to me.
He used to run Dicky Marsdens truck fleet for him, out of their yard in the Polo Grounds, in New Inn, Pontypool.
Can see his face, but !! It'll come to me.

Have you tried Trefyl Quarry, Tredegar too - it's open again, last time I went that way. Think ARC have it.
Keep on tryin' matey.

Last edited by V8Druid; 10-12-2013 at 12:04 AM.
  #15   IP: 86.149.24.163
Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 AM

Cheers for that exhaustive list of Alun's bases Ill be sure to canvass them monday!
  #16   IP: 86.128.169.229
Old 10-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Grand Master Architect

Give Lynch a try not sure if you will end up at the main office in Stanmore but I am there fairly regular they seem a good lot who have so much work its unreal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #17   IP: 81.135.95.106
Old 10-12-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
Hi Graham, where is the next phase Starting!
Hi Aiden,
They're actually gonna tackle The Rock - Black Rock road from Brynmawr down to Aberbaiden at Gilwern, down the Clydach Gorge.

Not seen the latest plans, so not sure which plan - A, B, C, D, E, etc. they're gonna use.

Best one is an entire new 2 lane road for down traffic from the highest point down to behind Masygwartha and retain the current 3 lane-er for all uphill traffic.

Some clever sod wants to stilt another 2 lane-er out over the Gorge, along side 'The Rock' !!!!

It'll take bloody years and cost a mega fortune. They'd need a Swiss engineer to oversee it, to get it right.

As I said to Surfer, should be plenty of hauling jobs on that.

Let's hope the ministry don't pull the ADTs for running loaded, on red, on the odd bits of live road they run on, again!!!!

Had to build extra haul ways last time, or fill 'em with white

Bloody jobsworths!!!!!!
  #18   IP: 86.149.24.163
Old 10-12-2013, 12:24 AM

Fantastic cheers for that V8!

Ill be sure to bug em for ADT jobs as its all good experience on my CV

Ive just registered on lynch's website and uploaded my CV.
  #19   IP: 86.136.9.232
Old 23-01-2014, 01:01 PM

Canvassed all of the big names and still no luck so ill keep trying.

Unless anyone on here has ADT/bucket loader they can stick me on?
  #20   IP: 81.148.235.99
Old 23-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Hi Aiden,
They're actually gonna tackle The Rock - Black Rock road from Brynmawr down to Aberbaiden at Gilwern, down the Clydach Gorge.

Not seen the latest plans, so not sure which plan - A, B, C, D, E, etc. they're gonna use.

Best one is an entire new 2 lane road for down traffic from the highest point down to behind Masygwartha and retain the current 3 lane-er for all uphill traffic.

Some clever sod wants to stilt another 2 lane-er out over the Gorge, along side 'The Rock' !!!!

It'll take bloody years and cost a mega fortune. They'd need a Swiss engineer to oversee it, to get it right.

As I said to Surfer, should be plenty of hauling jobs on that.

Let's hope the ministry don't pull the ADTs for running loaded, on red, on the odd bits of live road they run on, again!!!!

Had to build extra haul ways last time, or fill 'em with white

Bloody jobsworths!!!!!!
Feck that is a tough section alright! alot of rock to break,........ could get a few months hire for a duck there..