The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#11   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 17-06-2018, 11:26 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: JCB's current Stable - 1.5-10t

Just got in and very sleepy.... more soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #12   IP: 109.152.20.98
Old 17-06-2018, 11:27 PM
Knight of the East and West

Have sweet JCB dreams Rory......
  #13   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 18-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Have sweet JCB dreams Rory......
Fk off

On the note before we continue, I have spoken to Mr Paul at Holt's and thanked him for a pleasant day of machine abuse. He has also passed on some of my opinions to the factory. I doubt they get enough Animals testing there machines tbh

Right - 48Z-1 (4.5t ZTS Machine)....

I didn't bother looking at the engine etc. with this one tbh as there was lots of abuse to be dished out and ZTS machines are not of my ilk or liking.... the cabs are crap and there unstable. End of, (even the Taki FR53 is not my best of friends and the only redeeming feature is the weird boom that keeps me entertained).

Not this little sodding thing, Cab is nice enough. not enough room for a bait bag tbh but easy enough to stuff a hard hat in the back, Controls are nicely laid out and I found it came rather easy to hand. Of all the machines (Bar the compact) this one I found the machine controls matched my reflex's best. I can't slag any machine off for not feeling right as we all have different preferences and provided it's drivable there's nought wrong... but this one was spot on for me. Was also impressive at low rev's and more than capable of dozing with a full blade on just over Idle.... which to a six year old amused me.

Stability wise, well I threw it on a incline cross carriage with a bucket of muck and she was happy enough.... Yes I could lift a track but most would of given out long before (operators not machines)

So yeah, 4/5.... No I've not been paid or had a yellow injection.... but honestly it wasn't a bad machine.

57C-1 (fivie/sixy ton thing)

Right, this one peaked my interest towards the end of the day after driving it shortly to play with the angle blade.

Servicing wise, it's nice... engine is side mounted and you can get to Alternator, Starter, Oil fill ect with Ease... fuel pump and oil Filter (noooooo) is on the cab side and I can see it'd be a bit of a twat to do despite having bags of space.

As a machine I couldn't quite get the boom.... Pretty sure that's me and it had a grading bucket on which didn't help matters as I couldn't be bothered to spend much time with it scratching. Cab is similar to the 4.5t ZTS and nice enough.

This one was fitted with a Angle Blade... Brilliant I thought until I tried it and found the fkn control is on a push button changeover from the lift/lower... which makes the hydraulic control on it fairly pointless and turned it into a Lemon.

4/5 for the machine, Tbh I have seriously considered buying this model over the weekend if It would fit on my lorry, BUT it's just slightly too wide

Blade is 1/5.... I can't give it a nothing as it's well built but it's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard with that control system....

3cx Compact (Honestly it's not a 2cx i'm told, haha)

Right, tbh this is something I jumped on for a laugh to see if it'd handle me.

Backactor controls are excavator style on swing in pods, push button to activate and away you go. Back arm is stable and I'd say around 6t digger size. A 2' bucket heaped is enough at full stretch out the side but for a "Compact" machine she's damn stable. Reach is a little disappointing but tbh it's designed for little city jobs and not Rory's Bulk muckshifting division.

Flip the seat around and it's a competent loading shovel. the 4ws is weird and tbh I am convinced the back end was crabbing despite me pissing about with the mode switch... it also doesn't seem to have Crab steer which IMHO is as important as AWS on a 4WS machine.

Nice and stable and plenty of grunt to load a full bucket from the Hydrostatic gearbox, the 4in1 works well but crap visibility of the front. TBH it's not designed for much more than loading the odd 7.5 tonner or 6t dumper with pea gravel.

The back arm will engage and work from the front which IMHO is a important feature!

Nice enough. 4/5 again.

100C-1 (10t Excavator)

Right, last one I abused.

Only drove it, Cab is nice enough and plenty of power, I'd guess I was pushing the same as a small drott at one point with the angle blade which has full control (4 way, no push button nonsense) Dig's well. Controls where not my cuppa on the arm and felt slightly delayed but none the less IMHO that's something I think is what i'm used to and what i'd get used to after a few hours on it.

Stable enough, but had small 3cx like buckets :/ which for a 8 ton machine I think is a waste let alone a 10t.

4/5 for the machine
5/5 for the blade.

Lastly JCB's 2Go system.... it's a pile of shit that has been built as a safety device... but throws up more issues than answers to me. Same with there special dumper which IMHO is unnecessary (good Operators are a better investment than plant designed to be numpty proof)

It's nice to see them improving and the hospitality/dealers attitude is second to none IMHO, if the machines are no longer made of cheese and the paint actually has a life span longer than the cellophane wrap used to cover new machine seats I can see there name moving back into favour. Price wise they seem competitive and certainly I will look at JCB should I buy a new machine

There you go gentlemen.... any questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#14   IP: 109.152.19.162
Old 18-06-2018, 07:43 PM

See, I knew it, a fan in the making.....
  #15   IP: 109.152.19.162
Old 18-06-2018, 07:45 PM

With regards to the 2go system, Iím not sure on the smaller machines, but certainly on my 86c you can have the function disabled, which I have done, drop the pod and away you go, I totally agree with you, the 2go system is a pain in the arse!
  #16   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 18-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
With regards to the 2go system, Iím not sure on the smaller machines, but certainly on my 86c you can have the function disabled, which I have done, drop the pod and away you go, I totally agree with you, the 2go system is a pain in the arse!
You can... but should you have to have it disabled, or should it be a optional extra to begin with?

#17   IP: 90.255.22.46
Old 18-06-2018, 08:09 PM
Intendant of the Building

I drove a 100C at the factory day with the 4 way blade and wasn't over the moon with it really. The concept of a tilting blade is great but when angled to one side it changes the angle it digs into the ground and I couldn't get my head around when it would be useful. If the ground was level then you could backfill something quite efficiently but I thought it would be good for pushing out stone etc but ended up confusing myself. Quite an expensive option too I was told.

Welcome to the JCB club anyway Rory, its CEO is Mr Covell - you've got a long way before you're at his level but I think you have real potential

#18   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 18-06-2018, 08:13 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhands View Post
have sweet jcb dreams rory......
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd450a View Post
fk off
PMSL here
  #19   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 18-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
I drove a 100C at the factory day with the 4 way blade and wasn't over the moon with it really. The concept of a tilting blade is great but when angled to one side it changes the angle it digs into the ground and I couldn't get my head around when it would be useful. If the ground was level then you could backfill something quite efficiently but I thought it would be good for pushing out stone etc but ended up confusing myself. Quite an expensive option too I was told.
Angle blade is something you either get or don't, not a big issue if you don't, but you need to know what your doing or as you say it gets confusing and is a waste of time..

When angled the forward edge will dig deeper below the pivot and lift higher above the pivot. It will never be as useful as a tilt blade to the layman. but if your working fill jobs like I do the Angle can be helpful positioning material. Likewise you can use a Angle blade to backfill trenches.... if your mental age is six you can also move the angle side to side (we are talking a fraction of a degree, not full lock) to help propel the blade and keep material moving thus getting a better blade full.

Option is £2500 on the 5t.... IF the control was actually usable I would bite at that, I've no idea on the 10t machine, but i'd guess 3-4k? Which isn't a massive extra for the versatility it would allow in some instances.

I have a JCB hat now yes......

#20   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 18-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post

Welcome to the JCB club anyway Rory, its CEO is Mr Covell - you've got a long way before you're at his level but I think you have real potential
aye, but he's not had the yellow injection ..... he's on an IV canulated feed of yellow juice, connected to a tanker, following him around !!