The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 86.171.191.177
Old 21-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default How do ducks work?

Iím not familiar with these at all, so taking a TBW 175 as an example, does the drive have more than one speed? And those hydraulic pistons over the rear axle; what do they do- oscillation lock perhaps? I note Taks donít generally seem to have stabilisers fitted.

Iíve probably asked this before, but does anyone flail on the move with one? They do seem to have decent aux flow. I know the Hydradig is capable of this.

Pardon my ignorance.
  #2   IP: 84.93.84.66
Old 21-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Default Re: How do ducks work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Iím not familiar with these at all, so taking a TBW 175 as an example, does the drive have more than one speed? And those hydraulic pistons over the rear axle; what do they do- oscillation lock perhaps? I note Taks donít generally seem to have stabilisers fitted.

Iíve probably asked this before, but does anyone flail on the move with one? They do seem to have decent aux flow. I know the Hydradig is capable of this.

Pardon my ignorance.
They use web feet to paddle around, and flap their wings to Fly about ��

On my Case I've got 3 speed high low ranges on box, up to 32kph in high, the pistons your referred to are floating axle locks on front steering axle, often lock either via manually or auto with the working brake locked down, as for flailing most are capable, but often drive train takes priority over working equipment, all depends on how they're set up, as you say the Hydradig 110W is set up so no loss to flail, as its hydastatic drive rather then gear pump

Hope it makes sense, no doubt the experts will be around soon ��
  #3   IP: 86.171.191.177
Old 21-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APH2007 View Post
They use web feet to paddle around, and flap their wings to Fly about ��

On my Case I've got 3 speed high low ranges on box, up to 32kph in high, the pistons your referred to are floating axle locks on front steering axle, often lock either via manually or auto with the working brake locked down, as for flailing most are capable, but often drive train takes priority over working equipment, all depends on how they're set up, as you say the Hydradig 110W is set up so no loss to flail, as its hydastatic drive rather then gear pump

Hope it makes sense, no doubt the experts will be around soon ��
Thanks for that.
  #4   IP: 80.41.117.42
Old 22-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Grand Master Architect

Oscilating axle locks,locked for lifting,unlock,most of the time travelling,always unlock for rail travelthis ones got road and rail axle locks,on the tyres usually drive over fixed end,reverse steer,higher load capability,stops the alarms going off carrying 3 t trailers to track,this one's about 35t with movax,hammer attachment n closer to 40 t
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180318_041216341.jpg (94.3 KB, 63 views)
  #5   IP: 81.129.193.98
Old 22-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchy View Post
Oscilating axle locks,locked for lifting,unlock,most of the time travelling,always unlock for rail travelthis ones got road and rail axle locks,on the tyres usually drive over fixed end,reverse steer,higher load capability,stops the alarms going off carrying 3 t trailers to track,this one's about 35t with movax,hammer attachment n closer to 40 t
Jeez tha's a BIG duck Lynchey
  #6   IP: 86.171.191.177
Old 23-05-2018, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Jeez tha's a BIG duck Lynchey
Indeed. I didnít know such things existed!
  #7   IP: 213.205.199.61
Old 24-05-2018, 02:37 AM
Grand Master Architect

Colmar t1000fs bout 32 ton base machine movax bout 3 t n hammer bout 5 1/2 t,do all the heavy piling jobs on rail,been pitching some 8m long x 610 mm od up here,some yoke!