The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#421   IP: 213.205.242.168
Old 17-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Knight of the East

Default Re: So - an opinion - tiltys and prices !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngconUK View Post
Speaking as a manufacturer who uses all this jargon Ollie, I couldn't agree more

It's the bit in the middle (No. 2) that's tricky as there are so many variations on a theme. I'm OK with 1 and 3, but I suspect one or two customers might object if we said 'Oh, that one's got a control system' and think that I'm taking the you know what.

Happy to sit down with a bacon roll on Mr Craig's stand this week and thrash out a way to demystify it with you.

regards

Robert
Well, control stystem as in SVAB or DC2, and to demystify it, don't use it🙂
  #422   IP: 162.223.100.10
Old 17-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Well, control stystem as in SVAB or DC2, and to demystify it, don't use it��
How about doing a range of walk around video’s on the setups?

Get a decent presenter to go around a machine of each setup with the basic components that have been fitted into the machine to show what they are, why they have been placed there and then in actual use.

Wouldn’t be the hardest thing to organise and there for anyone to access and playback until they were happy in their own mind how it works.

Just keep it simple, Entry Level System, Additional Pipework System, Full Control System.

Rory, all I can say is I was too old to get a Working Holiday Visa, the one thing I’ll always look back on and wish I had.
Get yourself off abroad, everything you look for on your doorstep will still be there when you get back.

Eddie.

Last edited by Eddiebackblade; 17-04-2018 at 03:40 PM.
  #423   IP: 162.223.100.10
Old 17-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Knight of the East

Had a little more thought and if you could do the Videos with the same model of machine it would give a better illustration of what can be achieved.

Iíll use a Kubota Kx57 say as an example here because thatís what Iím familiar with, but obviously plenty of others to choose.

You would be able to show a setup on a single auxiliary circuit with basic Entry Level Control.

Use Kubotaís own 4 pipe equipment on another Kx57 to show an Additional Pipework Solution

Lastly put the DC2 into one with Tracking Control to show a Full Control System.

Do a final video of an Ec-Oil version.

Have an Operator going through the motions after the install is explained showing exactly what functions can be used together, removal of a bucket, fitting of a Grab including auxiliary fittings, and again its use including any changeover required on the levers.

If it was done well it would prove an invaluable resource guys can look at and answer the questions in their own way without having to feel uncomfortable asking.

Eddie.
  #424   IP: 209.93.206.164
Old 17-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
Had a little more thought and if you could do the Videos with the same model of machine it would give a better illustration of what can be achieved.

Iíll use a Kubota Kx57 say as an example here because thatís what Iím familiar with, but obviously plenty of others to choose.

You would be able to show a setup on a single auxiliary circuit with basic Entry Level Control.

Use Kubotaís own 4 pipe equipment on another Kx57 to show an Additional Pipework Solution

Lastly put the DC2 into one with Tracking Control to show a Full Control System.

Have an Operator going through the motions after the install is explained showing exactly what functions can be used together, removal of a bucket, fitting of a Grab including auxiliary fittings, and again its use including any changeover required on the levers.

If it was done well it would prove an invaluable resource guys can look at and answer the questions in their own way without having to feel uncomfortable asking.

Eddie.
If we had a like button I would have pressed it. A bunch of videos using the same machine to get a direct comparison would demystify a lot of black box stuff.
I have no idea what I have and to be honest no interest in what it is called. I specified what I wanted to achieve (was told that I couldnít do all of it as not enough flow through the head on the smaller units) and was given a couple of options as to how best to achieve what could be achieved and different prices depending on how sophisticated I wanted to go.
Iíve been very happy so far. There are limitations, but it is more to do with design limitations on the actual head.
Graham
  #425   IP: 86.229.144.169
Old 17-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:

Eddie.
Cant see anyone going to the lengths to do it but it sounds like a fine idea all the same.
  #426   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 17-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
Cant see anyone going to the lengths to do it but it sounds like a fine idea all the same.
It sounds like an inspired idea to me ..... Robert, you want to open up your market even more?? ....
get on the case boyo .... sooooo many people would benefit from a 'reference' video like that .... and I am damned sure your sales would too
  #427   IP: 209.53.121.101
Old 17-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Knight of the East

Iím certain any manufacturers marketing department with an ounce of foresight would see the opportunity to actually show users that they too have the options available for users to upgrade pipework etc to get another solution. Thatís beside the obvious coverage the machines will gain.

Itís a big commitment yes, it has to be done correctly, all new kit, safety considerations etc etc.
Iíd like to see Rob Taylor do the actual videos, excusing the fact heís a face for radio (going to kill me) I think heís an extremely eloquent speaker, would give huge credibility to such a Project and take the sting out of it coming across as all sales talk?
He would know what heís actually talking about, and a good amount of who would view such things already hold him in extremely high regard or can soon check him out to see his credentials.

Just an idea, but could be a great opportunity to create a benchmark reference library for prospective purchasers.

Eddie.
  #428   IP: 81.157.176.72
Old 18-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Get yourself off abroad, everything you look for on your doorstep will still be there when you get back.
Unfortunately (Debatably) not the case or i'd be off to Alaska. We are doing too well now to go elsewhere tbh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #429   IP: 206.45.252.149
Old 18-04-2018, 01:22 AM
Knight of the East and West

Rory don't dare go off to the Disunited States of Trumpistan without giving us a visit in Trudopeastan.
  #430   IP: 213.78.124.22
Old 19-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Perfect Master

Quote:

Eddie.
Thank you Eddie (and subsequent respondents). All taken in and I'll see what can be done.

regards

Robert