The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6431   IP: 81.147.100.200
Old 16-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Job done for another couple of weeks - hate going into town - too many germ ridden people about
Ain't that true.
  #6432   IP: 81.151.58.40
Old 16-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
.. bag lifter coming up ....
have you not got a block grab there they normally have hooks welded on for lifting bags
  #6433   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 16-04-2018, 11:36 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
have you not got a block grab there they normally have hooks welded on for lifting bags
yeh I have Stu ...... but it's a bit of a lump .... plus you'd have to loop the bag eyes over the bottom clamp member's extensions .... no hooks.

would put the grab itself outside the bag dimensions/footprint .... by a lot.

I want to be able to tuck these bags in tight, so would like to keep the lifter inside their footprint .... and TBH it's something I've been intending to knock out for ages .... these bags fare so much better handled with care and straps vertical.

Plus..... it'd be a damned sight easier to use on me own .... could always dangle it under a rotator too, if I wanted/needed to, for even greater control !!
  #6434   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 17-04-2018, 12:02 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
Ain't that true.
sadly --- very true ....
with a compromised immune system, I try to keep a low profile and keep away from, as much as possible, " the great unwashed "
  #6435   IP: 81.151.58.40
Old 17-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
yeh I have Stu ...... but it's a bit of a lump .... plus you'd have to loop the bag eyes over the bottom clamp member's extensions .... no hooks.

would put the grab itself outside the bag dimensions/footprint .... by a lot.

I want to be able to tuck these bags in tight, so would like to keep the lifter inside their footprint .... and TBH it's something I've been intending to knock out for ages .... these bags fare so much better handled with care and straps vertical.

Plus..... it'd be a damned sight easier to use on me own .... could always dangle it under a rotator too, if I wanted/needed to, for even greater control !!
couldn't remember what you had bought thought you had one like on a hiab lorry
  #6436   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 17-04-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
couldn't remember what you had bought thought you had one like on a hiab lorry
you mean scissor type Stu ??

that one of mine's a great grab and has a hell of an opening capacity, but's very different with its parallel operation

takes no prisoners
  #6437   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 17-04-2018, 10:55 PM

So much for the azure skies we've been promised for this weeks weather.

Absolutely throwing it down here all last night and today .... plus about 6C all day

If I get up and the wall to wall blue sky forecast hasn't made an appearance, I might just slit my wrists ... if it's gonna rain - don't raise our hopes and tell us it ain't

'Sthat Rory an' Lefty's fault .... 'sall coming from their direction ATM
  #6438   IP: 206.45.252.149
Old 18-04-2018, 01:23 AM
Knight of the East and West

Got up to 12C here today Graham first time this year hope it sticks around for a while.
  #6439   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 18-04-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800CLC View Post
Got up to 12C here today Graham first time this year hope it sticks around for a while.
the only redeeming feature about the weather this morning Bert is ....... it's not ACTUALLY peeing down ....
ATM anyway .......not far away, looking at the sky, but still pretty cool, considering the date

deffo not the wall to wall blue sky they forecast for today and tomorrow

When's it gonna end ? !!!!!!!!
  #6440   IP: 121.44.150.155
Old 18-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Provost and Judge

We're in the middle of Autumn here in Australia and temperatures still getting to 30ºC which is unusually hot for this time of the year on the coast. (Bikini weather!)
It's been dry and hot for months and the house site I'm clearing vegetation off with the Haulotte is covered in 100mm of fine dust. Any movement stirs it up in clouds making visibility difficult.
Don't mind the warm weather but I hate getting my machinery full of dust

BTW for those in the soggy UK, dust is dirt which has been baked for months until completely dry. It is then dug up or disturbed by machinery so as to become airborne over your work area. It apparently has no calories

AusDave