The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6581   IP: 109.146.120.232
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Ooh, I’m all excited now
not summat to poke yer fingers into ...

was looking for 20-25Kva, but this ain't a lot bigger, will run 'light' .. and frugally ...

..... without being a great deal larger, physically

ex standby, hence the very low hours. Totally self contained and a super silent enclosure. (it is nice and quiet)
Full auto control gear, or manual operation and'll run just about anything I ever care to plug into it.
Nice service history, with hours recorded, (to two decimal places), at each service

My mate, who does gennies for a living, has failed to come up with anything comparable, for the bucks and rates these sets highly.
He's only ever had one fail on him -- down to some muppet filling with dirty fuel and knackering the pump ....
his advice was "cheap, buy it - good, reliable set ... will last you forever .... save on a coffin and get buried in it " LOL

Triple Iveco/Cummins, with a Stamford-Newage back end.
New battery, (with auto trickle charger/conditioner, when hard wired), new engine water heater, full 300+ltr belly tank of juice, serviced 3 hrs ago, delivered to me door !! .....
Not been messed about with - as it left the maker's factory

Been looking for quite some time and this is the best I've seen in a while.
Make a grand more, usually, with 4-5000+hrs on 'em !!

Some paint work to attend to, on the enclosure and a couple door locks to replace, but think I can manage that !!
  #6582   IP: 109.146.120.232
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

First time I've been out the door today ..... been abso****inglutely lashing it down all day ..... was expecting to see worse ........ 'bout 6" deep, but the rest has been draining away well

drain sumps are all running like hell ..... first time in a couple of weeks
A LOT more forecast for the weekend, but then it is Aber Steam Rally B/hol. weekend, so what can we expect !!
Can't remember the last time they had a decent weekend for it ....
the local park, in the centre of town, will look like the Somme on Monday evening, after all the engines have dragged themselves in and out of there several times ....
very sad for the organisers and all involved, but when will they learn .... this weekend is cursed - end of !!!!

One of the many things I learned, from my few weeks with Alex last year, was 'seal' it down, at the end of the day, if it looks like rain !!

Reckon this last load of loose, on top'd been everywhere, after the deluges we've had since about 3 a.m. last night .... and the night before !!
  #6583   IP: 86.132.145.123
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
not summat to poke yer fingers into ...

was looking for 20-25Kva, but this ain't a lot bigger, will run 'light' .. and frugally ...

..... without being a great deal larger, physically

ex standby, hence the very low hours. Totally self contained and a super silent enclosure. (it is nice and quiet)
Full auto control gear, or manual operation and'll run just about anything I ever care to plug into it.
Nice service history, with hours recorded, (to two decimal places), at each service

My mate, who does gennies for a living, has failed to come up with anything comparable, for the bucks and rates these sets highly.
He's only ever had one fail on him -- down to some muppet filling with dirty fuel and knackering the pump ....
his advice was "cheap, buy it - good, reliable set ... will last you forever .... save on a coffin and get buried in it " LOL

Triple Iveco/Cummins, with a Stamford-Newage back end.
New battery, (with auto trickle charger/conditioner, when hard wired), new engine water heater, full 300+ltr belly tank of juice, serviced 3 hrs ago, delivered to me door !! .....
Not been messed about with - as it left the maker's factory

Been looking for quite some time and this is the best I've seen in a while.
Make a grand more, usually, with 4-5000+hrs on 'em !!

Some paint work to attend to, on the enclosure and a couple door locks to replace, but think I can manage that !!
I could do with a set just like that!
  #6584   IP: 109.146.120.232
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
I could do with a set just like that!
funny you should say that James taken bloody months to find it
the good 'uns do not hang about for long ... had to 'strike' PDQ on this one
You can see why .... just the ticket !!