The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#11   IP: 87.112.232.190
Old 23-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: how many of you have been busted by google maps street View

How on earth did you end up with a yard like that in the middle of town? I can see why they were keen to build on it. You must be a millionaire by now - well until the tax man came knocking.
Graham
  #12   IP: 86.136.8.243
Old 23-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
How on earth did you end up with a yard like that in the middle of town? I can see why they were keen to build on it. You must be a millionaire by now - well until the tax man came knocking.
Graham
er ....... I bought it Gra
My developers were keen to build ...
the planners ***ked us about for 4 years, whilst charging me full biz rates (UBR). cost me 50 grand
as for your next comment ....
see the last one
The blood suckers sure know how to dig the knife in deep mate ... and then twist it about !!!!
  #13   IP: 31.185.213.49
Old 23-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Iím amazed when it was for sale and you bought it the builders didnít offer better money than you could justify. Iím desperate to buy a shed with a yard. Been looking seriously for 8 years. Anything that comes up round here is either an industrial unit on an industrial estate with no outside space apart from a couple of parking spaces or your sort of shed and yard set up and they always go for housing which there is no way I can compete with. The last yard I rented was sold for housing, 6 houses on the bit I occupied (I would have thought one was more appropriate), so I couldnít afford to buy it. The current shed and yard I rent is part of a larger disused farm yard which only got planning for industrial/ business as it had been used as such since the 60ís. As it is in the countryside the planners wonít give consent for houses, but to buy it the landlord will only sell at the housing premium price as he considers it will eventually go for housing.
The joys of living in the South!
Graham
  #14   IP: 86.136.8.243
Old 23-11-2017, 11:54 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Iím amazed when it was for sale and you bought it the builders didnít offer better money than you could justify. Iím desperate to buy a shed with a yard. Been looking seriously for 8 years. Anything that comes up round here is either an industrial unit on an industrial estate with no outside space apart from a couple of parking spaces or your sort of shed and yard set up and they always go for housing which there is no way I can compete with. The last yard I rented was sold for housing, 6 houses on the bit I occupied (I would have thought one was more appropriate), so I couldnít afford to buy it. The current shed and yard I rent is part of a larger disused farm yard which only got planning for industrial/ business as it had been used as such since the 60ís. As it is in the countryside the planners wonít give consent for houses, but to buy it the landlord will only sell at the housing premium price as he considers it will eventually go for housing.
The joys of living in the South!
Graham
Bought that in '83 Gra ..... long before the builders went ballistic with their prices and it was industrial ... end of

bit different these days as you say ....

only place you're going to buy is where no one else wants to be .. or buy !!
down your way .. not a lot of that I doubt

come up here and head up the valleys .. you'll have no prob.s finding somewhere ... at a 'price' ... keeping what's yours and the location.
  #15   IP: 204.112.148.187
Old 24-11-2017, 02:42 AM
Knight of the East and West

My grandfather a few years ago was caught sitting at the bus stop around the corner from his house when he was suppose to be going for a walk. lol He thought it was funny when we explained it to him he has since passed but it was pretty neat.