The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles

#51   IP: 81.132.156.88
Old 09-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Intendant of the Building

Default Re: 3.5t tow vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelarel View Post
There are a lot of rumours going about regarding the speed limits for double cab pick ups. Where do you get the definitive answer, there are many opinions on the Navara owners forum but I've never seen an answer which would make me comfortable arguing my case when faced with the speed gun.
I regularly drive a 160 mile stretch of the A9 from Inverness to Stirling which has average speed cameras from end to end, which makes you think twice before going over 55mph with the double cab.
We recently had a delivery from a guy in Cumbernauld and he reckons he's been up and down the A9 in his Iveco drop side with 6.1m leaf and he sits at 65 and never heard a thing from the average speed cameras . I've seen myself going down the A9 from aviemore to Stirling with cruise set at 55mph in the transit and other big vans going past at least 10mph faster, am I missing some trick with the cameras that makes them ignore speeding vans or is it the authorities leading people on to a big surprise when they turn the cameras on for a week now and then.
  #52   IP: 81.132.156.88
Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Does the shogun not have a 3.5ton tow capacity? I'm sure there are commercial versions of them available.
  #53   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 09-01-2017, 11:06 PM

shoguns do have a 3.5t tow they weigh a bit more than the l200 and dont carry a ton plus there short wheelbase no bulkhead between seating area and boot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #54   IP: 31.185.213.2
Old 10-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattromike View Post
We recently had a delivery from a guy in Cumbernauld and he reckons he's been up and down the A9 in his Iveco drop side with 6.1m leaf and he sits at 65 and never heard a thing from the average speed cameras . I've seen myself going down the A9 from aviemore to Stirling with cruise set at 55mph in the transit and other big vans going past at least 10mph faster, am I missing some trick with the cameras that makes them ignore speeding vans or is it the authorities leading people on to a big surprise when they turn the cameras on for a week now and then.
I don't think the program is that sophisticated. I guess it can separate HGV from non HGV, but unless it looks at each individual registration and runs it through DVLA I can't see how it will be sensitive enough to prosecute you for driving at car speeds. If all speed cameras were checking every vehicle through DVLA that would be millions of extra checks a day and probably crash the system.
Graham
  #55   IP: 81.153.208.240
Old 14-01-2017, 02:09 PM

Ah now you say it I suppose that's right because every vehicle over the trip speed of say 56mph would need checks to see if it was commercial and that would be the majority of traffic because the cars are trying to maintain 65mph. Makes me feel a bit more relaxed now. Mind you on many days, if I managed to maintain a steady average of 55 on the A9 I would be delighted!