The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   IP: 81.53.85.5
Old 25-09-2017, 07:32 PM
furniss480 furniss480 is offline
Master Elect of Nine
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 466
Default Re: interesting and well overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2 View Post
. Whatís actually wrong with that I canít see anything myself, machines well chained and so are the buckets, itís not on the highway, and certainly is not overloaded. It could well be an agricultural contractor or a guy moving his kit around a farm. There is a firm around where I work that uses a fast trac and plant trailer, it runs on white has a tachometer driver has proper hgv licence etc that guy could be the same. He could be breaking all the rules etc but going by those pics I canít see anything wrong,
agreed .... looks a tidy setup
Reply With Quote
  #22   IP: 78.149.15.53
Old 25-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Mintsauce's Avatar
Mintsauce Mintsauce is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the Grub Hut
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: interesting and well overdue

Certainly a tidy outfit. It looks like he's kitted out more for landscaping than loading muckspreaders and maintaining ditches/field gateways.

I think if your using agricultural grants and subsidies to finance construction plant, you should be expecting comments about it. On the other hand the guy here may have used his own money?
__________________
One Wife, Livid.
Reply With Quote
  #23   IP: 81.154.231.101
Old 25-09-2017, 09:22 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,996
Default Re: interesting and well overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2 View Post
. Whatís actually wrong with that I canít see anything myself, machines well chained and so are the buckets, itís not on the highway, and certainly is not overloaded. It could well be an agricultural contractor or a guy moving his kit around a farm. There is a firm around where I work that uses a fast trac and plant trailer, it runs on white has a tachometer driver has proper hgv licence etc that guy could be the same. He could be breaking all the rules etc but going by those pics I canít see anything wrong,
well lets hope you're right Charlie ... he does ground works and equestrian, neither of which are agriculturally related and specifically not exempted.
To be legit he'd need a 'full house' .... odds on he hasn't
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #24   IP: 81.154.231.101
Old 25-09-2017, 09:28 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,996
Default Re: interesting and well overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
Certainly a tidy outfit. It looks like he's kitted out more for landscaping than loading muckspreaders and maintaining ditches/field gateways.

I think if your using agricultural grants and subsidies to finance construction plant, you should be expecting comments about it. On the other hand the guy here may have used his own money?
does look a tidy set up Minty ... the rest of your comments say it all really ... did you get any grants to run your business with recently? ....
no, nor does anyone else.
Government paying for your 6 weeklies?
O license fees?
MOT fees?
CPC?
etc., etc. !!!!!!

Nuff said
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #25   IP: 31.49.234.221
Old 25-09-2017, 11:01 PM
JD450A's Avatar
JD450A JD450A is offline
Prince of Jerusalem
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Not really sure
Posts: 5,002
Default Re: interesting and well overdue

Technically Graham, you can run a tractor at under 40kph as a "Motor Tractor" without MOT or O license, Would really require a HGV Class 1 to be valid and run on white.

Rules are clear as mud to an outside observer. As I've said time and time again people "Thinking" they know is the precursor to stupidity.

All very complicated, with layers of tasty law and bullshit.... what occasionally happens is people write articles, helpful leaflets and other crap.... in reality this is like putting your complicated layer cake into a blender resulting in a mix of law and shit.

It spans all of HGV/STGO/AGRI and needs a proper sort out, too many stupid bits.... For instance I can go and buy a 8 legger grab lorry and run without O license provided I am working as a "Emergency/Standby" on R&M for a Utility or Council....

Grant Wise.... We have got grants in the past to do with small business in deprived areas.... Felt bad at first till I realised the Cornish have been at it for years!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
Reply With Quote
  #26   IP: 81.154.231.101
Old 26-09-2017, 12:43 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,996
Default Re: interesting and well overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Technically Graham, you can run a tractor at under 40kph as a "Motor Tractor" without MOT or O license, Would really require a HGV Class 1 to be valid and run on white.

Rules are clear as mud to an outside observer. As I've said time and time again people "Thinking" they know is the precursor to stupidity.

All very complicated, with layers of tasty law and bullshit.... what occasionally happens is people write articles, helpful leaflets and other crap.... in reality this is like putting your complicated layer cake into a blender resulting in a mix of law and shit.

It spans all of HGV/STGO/AGRI and needs a proper sort out, too many stupid bits.... For instance I can go and buy a 8 legger grab lorry and run without O license provided I am working as a "Emergency/Standby" on R&M for a Utility or Council....

Grant Wise.... We have got grants in the past to do with small business in deprived areas.... Felt bad at first till I realised the Cornish have been at it for years!
start hauling goods with said "Motor Tractor" though Rory and it'd need an O license .... the MOT bit is, as is being discussed, a loop hole in need of closing.

Totally agree that the whole sorry mess needs a major overhaul and as others have said, the 7.5t class needs a complete revison to allow folks to operate legally, EASILY

Although the small business operators are the back bone of the country, the powers that be don't give a shit about how many obstacles they have to overcome, as they'd rather not have to deal with and monitor, etc., these people .... far too much like hard work.

It's no wonder that people flaunt the reg.s as much as they can and try to get away with it as long as possible really .... for the small operator the slope is no longer uphill .... it's damned near vertical, to do it right .... and it ****ing stinks
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #27   IP: 81.154.231.101
Old 26-09-2017, 12:48 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 14,996
Default Re: interesting and well overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
.......

Grant Wise.... We have got grants in the past to do with small business in deprived areas.... Felt bad at first till I realised the Cornish have been at it for years!
forgot this bit ...... perhaps i should have used the term subsidy, or subsidised, rather than grant, as you're quite right .... there are some levels of 'grant' available for certain things ..... if you are in the right place.

I never got a grant for a penny in 35 years ... If I'd moved my business 10 miles up the road, I could have had all sorts of gov. hand outs, year in, year out and free rates, etc., .... but .... what a shit hole I'd have had to be based in to get it
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.