The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   IP: 209.93.206.133
Old 23-02-2018, 07:14 PM
grahams grahams is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,871
Default Excavator core drill

Saw this and thought how good it looked. Excavator mounted core drill run off breaker circuit with self contained water supply.
www.driller.be
I was in Winchester the other day and was pleased to see new bollards had appeared at all the entrances to the pedestrian market to stop jihadists ramming pedestrians. It had been done nice enough, but not perfect. It looked like each hole had a square, disc cut into the pavement then they must have excavated enough to get bollard in then back filled and topped off with tarmac which didnít look that great. This thing would do a much nicer job and I would have thought much quicker and quieter. Mounted on something like a 1CX you could carry all the bollards, resin etc in the front and this on the rear and get through a huge number each day.
Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 088AB105-2ED9-43B1-B47B-E3198D216F0F.jpg (12.9 KB, 38 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 24-02-2018, 01:17 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,057
Default Re: Excavator core drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Saw this and thought how good it looked. Excavator mounted core drill run off breaker circuit with self contained water supply.
www.driller.be
I was in Winchester the other day and was pleased to see new bollards had appeared at all the entrances to the pedestrian market to stop jihadists ramming pedestrians. It had been done nice enough, but not perfect. It looked like each hole had a square, disc cut into the pavement then they must have excavated enough to get bollard in then back filled and topped off with tarmac which didnít look that great. This thing would do a much nicer job and I would have thought much quicker and quieter. Mounted on something like a 1CX you could carry all the bollards, resin etc in the front and this on the rear and get through a huge number each day.
Graham
our old friend Mr Seilorman has got a bigger version on his duck Gra

https://youtu.be/vuzEDj4Uas0
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3   IP: 209.93.206.133
Old 24-02-2018, 10:58 AM
grahams grahams is offline
Master of the Ninth Arch
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,871
Default Re: Excavator core drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
our old friend Mr Seilorman has got a bigger version on his duck Gra

https://youtu.be/vuzEDj4Uas0
He has everything! His is a home made version, so it does it pretty good job by the looks of it, but it still involves a labourer manually operating it which the Driller one has overcome.
Graham
Reply With Quote
  #4   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 24-02-2018, 11:27 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,057
Default Re: Excavator core drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
He has everything! His is a home made version, so it does it pretty good job by the looks of it, but it still involves a labourer manually operating it which the Driller one has overcome.
Graham
TBH Gra, having done a bit of D-drilling cores ..... I'd want a pair of hands feeding the drill in .... not a cheap thing to wreck
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.