The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Innovations and New Technology

#21   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 11-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Heated seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
I looked at the heated pads - do a professional job, etc, but on my open stuff the plastic outer is bonded to the foam inner, so not really feasible.
For the money Iíll be happy if they get me through the worst of the winter.
Graham
yeh that was my thoughts Gra and hard wire them in, but those do look a damned good, easy fix, for a warm bum/back .... 'Drema has a great heater and keeps the feet nice, but I tend to have the door, and often the front window open ... Sundym glass isn't overly helpful when the light's not so good and I'm always in / out the seat, lacking assistance on the deck, doing anything, so a nice warm seat to clamber back into each time'd be a real bonus .... might just treat meself to one o' they
  #22   IP: 85.255.234.55
Old 11-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Provost and Judge

Along this line i was discussing the other day why dont some of the cabless machines have heated sticks

Quadbikes have heated grips and would make it a bit nicer

What also may be of interest most of the powertool manufacturers have heated hoodies that work with there batteries and i think its the Milwaukee one has a cig lighter plug aswell could be useful to someone
  #23   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
Along this line i was discussing the other day why dont some of the cabless machines have heated sticks

Quadbikes have heated grips and would make it a bit nicer

What also may be of interest most of the powertool manufacturers have heated hoodies that work with there batteries and i think its the Milwaukee one has a cig lighter plug aswell could be useful to someone
you can get fully heated under-suits for motor cycling guys ... plug in and baste occasionally 'til done
  #24   IP: 31.185.213.49
Old 11-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

There are limits to this luxury you know. Only looking for a bit of comfort. Make it too nice and everyone will want to play. The misses and the daughter already think I do bugger all all day and the money grows on trees. Donít want to encourage them further.
Graham
  #25   IP: 204.112.148.187
Old 12-12-2017, 03:57 AM
Knight of the East and West

Our Kobelco has a heated nut and bum warmer and our Toyota SUV has a nut and bum warmer which is a really nice. I've seen heated seat covers here too for cars, trucks, and tractors and such that don't have factory ones. The Hitachi has a good heater and thaws out my usually frozen feet quite well. During our long cold winters I usually wear insulated bib overalls and layer up if I'm doing the "in and out of the cab thing". And usually have a couple pairs of gloves for when one pair gets wet and mucky.
  #26   IP: 86.176.116.236
Old 12-12-2017, 08:15 AM
Secret Master

Really looking forward to receiving my Xmas present to self from eBay
.....and will report on this thread how it goes.
When it's cold, always pleased to get off me arse for a bit of 'safe digging' spade work around pipes, cables and other stuff hidden in the ground....
Sometime hear myself saying to the groundworker/banksman "Let me help you with that!!"
  #27   IP: 181.188.30.62
Old 12-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Think I will need to order one for the van, nothing like a cold and frosty seat in the morning

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #28   IP: 213.205.198.23
Old 12-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Grand Master Architect

I have a heated hoodie for in the yard it uses a Milwaukee battery from one of my guns, bloody decent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #29   IP: 84.93.103.112
Old 12-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee_gus View Post
Think I will need to order one for the van, nothing like a cold and frosty seat in the morning
I think you need one to cover the whole van where you are.
If I still ran a landrover I would certainly have one, almost instant heat whilst you are waiting for the main heater to kick in.
Graham
  #30   IP: 31.52.88.212
Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
I have a heated hoodie for in the yard it uses a Milwaukee battery from one of my guns, bloody decent
not gonna ask where the battery lives