The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles

#11   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 14-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Intimate Secretary

Default Re: - it's started BTLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
There was an informative tractor thread a while ago but I can't find it. Anyone put up a link for it?

This one?

http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread....hlight=Tractor
  #12   IP: 78.149.11.121
Old 14-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

That's the one thanks
  #13   IP: 78.149.11.121
Old 14-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I should think twice before hiring a "man with a tractor" to move anything in case it ends up locked in a compound on the back of his low loader
  #14   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 14-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
I should think twice before hiring a "man with a tractor" to move anything in case it ends up locked in a compound on the back of his low loader
that's a fact ... this'll seriously cramp a few ppl's style
  #15   IP: 78.149.11.121
Old 14-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Youngster offering to move my kit for 60 per journey. Sounds tempting, doesn't it?
  #16   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 14-02-2018, 05:49 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Youngster offering to move my kit for 60 per journey. Sounds tempting, doesn't it?
Only if it gets where it's going ....his type'll be as popular as a pig in a synagogue, if they get someone's £100+k digger seized.
hopefully, enough publicity of the current events,'ll put a stop to his ready supply of beer vouchers ... permanently, for this little sideline

Who'd want to take the risk of having their machine on board, when Plod/DVSA feel his collar, drag him off and wheel the gear off to their next auction.
  #17   IP: 86.132.72.107
Old 14-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Intimate Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Who'd want to take the risk of having their machine on board, when Plod/DVSA feel his collar, drag him off and wheel the gear off to their next auction.
Obviously they would seize it with the tractor/trailer but surely they couldn’t sell it on?
  #18   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 14-02-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettsy View Post
Obviously they would seize it with the tractor/trailer but surely they couldn’t sell it on?
HMRC are a law unto themselves .... most powerful agency in the UK ... the queen's officers.

buy a van load of baccy in the Eu, get caught evading duty bringing it back ...
you don't get the chance to pay the duty .... you lose it .. pay the duty and go down

ultimately the offending transgressor is guilty of defrauding the revenue .... there are no upper limits to what they can do
you would also be seen as colluding with the transgressor by using them to move your gear. kiss it goodbye

ignorance is no defense, in the eyes of the law
  #19   IP: 92.14.252.163
Old 14-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Knight of the East and West

Right so here's one to think about, or even better answer!

So, i have a tractor on our small holding. I want to move my digger to my house 10 miles away to do some work, so not connected to the farm.

Can I legally put it in the multi purpose dump trailer and set off?.... no hire or reward, 100% my own work.

Or what is the rules here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #20   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 14-02-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps140 View Post
Right so here's one to think about, or even better answer!

So, i have a tractor on our small holding. I want to move my digger to my house 10 miles away to do some work, so not connected to the farm.

Can I legally put it in the multi purpose dump trailer and set off?.... no hire or reward, 100% my own work.

Or what is the rules here?
non ag use so no ..... you're N.I. right, part of teh UK and subject to crown regs. ?