The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#5361   IP: 31.50.50.4
Old 14-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

slung the 'arisings' into the pond, as I wanted some of the nice blocks that were ripping out rather nicely, to edge the drainage channel....

crush some of the shaley conglomerate that also landed in there on a boulder tomorrow assuming the ramp is still passable

sort any shite that needs sorting and then blind it all over with plenty of crush .... then beam & roller time to pack that side down a bit, before tracking it in some !

Waved bye bye to an old friend last night ....

Nigel Carr and Lister Gerrick turned up to pick up me old Becket RD400. Nige had seen it when he was down with Lister a week or so ago ... and had to have it !!

One of those jobs that never seems to get done .... and desperately in need of major TLC.
Have had it since 1984 .... and it was one quick RD ... with a genuine 14k on the dial, Nigel should have plenty of goodness left in it to wring out ... once he's given it the attention it needs and deserves ... last MOT-ed and used enthusiastically in '86 ..... Poor old girl deserves some attention.

Made a nice bit of space in the toy box and after a reshuffle of its stable mates ..... even more space.

Pam didn't believe I'd sold it, 'til she actually saw it leave site !!!

Won't be making a habit of it, any time soon though .... man can never have enough toys !!!
  #5362   IP: 79.75.88.187
Old 14-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Grand Master Architect

I could have bought that off you. But I haven't got the balls or the self destruction attitude I had in the 80's riding my rd 250 lc
  #5363   IP: 31.50.50.4
Old 14-07-2017, 10:42 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
I could have bought that off you. But I haven't got the balls or the self destruction attitude I had in the 80's riding my rd 250 lc
Lol Dylan .... I've 'sold' it a few times to various mates .... who just don't follow through .... actually they expect me to store it 'til they can be arsed to collect and pay for it ... Nige turned up with the folding .... RD gone

gonna be a few disappointed people in the coming months, if/as/when they turn up

'Twas a VERY quick RD
  #5364   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 15-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Well if you last had it on the road in '86 then it's been off the road 4 years less than I've been on the earth!

Glad it's going to a good home though. I still have a Focus on the drive one of my work colleagues was going to have back in easter. Still hasn't got his arse in gear, even got it through the MOT for him (made him pay for the MOT mind, I'm not toally soft, I'd already bought the parts). He's got till the end of the month to make his mind up!

Update on the Garage too - Planning Permission was.... GRANTED! Huzzah! Now for proper drawings for builders to quote off...
  #5365   IP: 81.53.80.118
Old 15-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Lol Dylan .... I've 'sold' it a few times to various mates .... who just don't follow through .... actually they expect me to store it 'til they can be arsed to collect and pay for it ... Nige turned up with the folding .... RD gone

gonna be a few disappointed people in the coming months, if/as/when they turn up

'Twas a VERY quick RD
I would have had it off you as well .... what else that's 2 stroke and 2 wheels have you got hidden away ??

I passed my bike test in 87 and had one of those amongst others ..... first road bike after my Fs1E so felt pretty rapid .......... Happy Days

#5366   IP: 213.205.198.142
Old 15-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post

......first road bike after my Fs1E so felt pretty rapid .......... Happy Days :
Couple of mates had FS1E's, I had a KTM but at 17 I passed my test bought a car and said sod the bikes 1975

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5367   IP: 213.205.198.142
Old 15-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Caught up again Graham made a very enjoyable evening sat in tin town, yet again, on a Sat evening reading through your progress

Sorry I completely missed your birthday, best wishes for another year

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5368   IP: 109.157.255.66
Old 15-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Couple of mates had FS1E's, I had a KTM but at 17 I passed my test bought a car and said sod the bikes 1975
I had a Gurelli.
  #5369   IP: 31.50.50.4
Old 15-07-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
Well if you last had it on the road in '86 then it's been off the road 4 years less than I've been on the earth!

Glad it's going to a good home though. I still have a Focus on the drive one of my work colleagues was going to have back in easter. Still hasn't got his arse in gear, even got it through the MOT for him (made him pay for the MOT mind, I'm not toally soft, I'd already bought the parts). He's got till the end of the month to make his mind up!

Update on the Garage too - Planning Permission was.... GRANTED! Huzzah! Now for proper drawings for builders to quote off...
it's frightening how quickly those 30 odd years have disappeared too Alex ..... seems like only yesterday ..... can remember riding the old girl, like I'd just gotten off her

think Nige will give her a good home .... and me a ride hopefully, when it's all sorted

REALLY good news on the planning front Boyo ... charge on now then
  #5370   IP: 31.50.50.4
Old 16-07-2017, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furniss480 View Post
I would have had it off you as well .... what else that's 2 stroke and 2 wheels have you got hidden away ??

I passed my bike test in 87 and had one of those amongst others ..... first road bike after my Fs1E so felt pretty rapid .......... Happy Days

now that would be telling ...... and I'd have to kill you

Had an NSU Quickly, chicken chaser, first off and graduated to a Hodna C100 Cub ... the first Hodna 50 stepthru ..... ACY 533B ....
bit of a step down from an AJS stormer 410 in the fields !!.....
but it was quicker than any of the 'fizzies' any of my friends had .... with 4mm sawn off the top of the carb. slide ... good for 50+ on the flat

Rapidly followed by a CD175, again from Charlie's speed emporium of the east several CB 250/350s and then one of my loves ....
Charlie Hodnas CB500 .... jap Triumph .
Adored that bike, but it got usurped by Yammy's brilliant XS500E ...
years ahead of its time and would buy another in a heartbeat ... if I could find one ... been looking for years. Should never have parted with that one.

Innumerable Bultacos, Montessas, Ossas, a Minarelli 220 Cotton, a Dalesman, Majesty Yammies, and Suzi trialers have graced the stable over the years together with KTM 250/360s and CR250/500 Hodnas, which I used to campaign in time trials and enduros, but the only other 2 stroke left in there ATM is an SWM-Gori-Rotax 320 trialer ..... damn .... now i'm gonna have to kill yer .... don't answer the door to strangers for a few months

It's cwtched up with a Yammy XT600 Tenere, KLX250 Kawi enduro, FJ1200 Yam, Kawi Z1000st I've had since 1980 and will NEVER part with, plus four other thou STs .... one assembled ... just about and three others in boxes, awaiting attention and of course me GL1500 Wing. Oh and to go from the sublime to the ridiculous .... a Hodna Melody .... was a great thing for nipping around town on, from work.
Must dig that out for running up and down the drive on.

The list of road going stepping stones is far too extensive ...... but it was a lot!!!

Passed my tests in '76 so had a few more years to fit 'em all in Boyo .... as you say "happy days" !!