The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#5471   IP: 86.166.237.206
Old 02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Been persisting down here most of the afternoon.....we could certainly do without it!
  #5472   IP: 81.129.193.101
Old 02-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Been persisting down here most of the afternoon.....we could certainly do without it!
been doing it since Sunday here James, damned near constantly ... ground is a bloody mess again ... cheesecake !!
  #5473   IP: 86.138.19.57
Old 02-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Knight of the East

Weathers been passable till today.... Got every machine out and more work than one can shake a stick at.... Even got a 3t machine on hire too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #5474   IP: 86.166.237.206
Old 02-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Weathers been passable till today.... Got every machine out and more work than one can shake a stick at.... Even got a 3t machine on hire too...
Good to be busy though Rory but this weather is complete shite at the moment, I've got everything parked up......
  #5475   IP: 81.129.193.101
Old 02-08-2017, 08:59 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Good to be busy though Rory but this weather is complete shite at the moment, I've got everything parked up......
Yeh ...August be ****ed ..... June had us lulled into a false sense of 'summer'

You guys trying to earn a living in this have my sympathies !!
  #5476   IP: 88.109.150.130
Old 02-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Got a customer pestering me to start his footings dig they really have no idea what a wet site is like
  #5477   IP: 81.129.193.101
Old 02-08-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckyman View Post
Got a customer pestering me to start his footings dig they really have no idea what a wet site is like
tell him to go take a walk around it .... with a spade and see what it's like

Once he's lost a welly for the third time he might get the picture
It's gonna take a while to dry out, unless we get some 'scorchio' soon ..... but 'tain't forecast here
  #5478   IP: 213.205.198.244
Old 05-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Another Saturday evening in tin town so a great chance to catch up .....again.

I saw you were at Welland via some of the Faceache posts and was honestly thrilled to know you were fit enough to make such a trip purely for pleasure, totally unaware of how shit you had been due to overstretching yourself only a week earlier.

Hopefully you have given yourself a good talking to and spent the required time on the naughty step to focus your mind on not pushing the boundaries too far in future.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5479   IP: 213.205.198.244
Old 05-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post

Got back home and the SuperGrid transformer that was supposed to be coming by Charfield had broke down on Torworth hill. We popped by around 5PM and they said be underway at 7, so we popped back with plenty of time at 6:45PM and lo and behold they'd fixed the blown diff and dragged it up the hill!
Daz ( ExMayor) forum member was rear tractor on that. says it nearly put him through windscreen when it stopped.

Apart from swapping the diff insitu they brought another 3 units in to get it moving again.
I don't know gradient of hill but gather its not something you'd want to be doing a standing start on with any vehicle towing something, let alone just shy of 400t hence the extra muscle to guarantee a clean pull to top, then extras disconnected and headed home.

Seriously impressive response to the problem and the video I've seen on faceache shows nothing but professionalism from all involved.

Reckons it was 15mph down M5 so lucky you missed it

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

#5480   IP: 81.151.174.255
Old 05-08-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRob View Post
Another Saturday evening in tin town so a great chance to catch up .....again.

I saw you were at Welland via some of the Faceache posts and was honestly thrilled to know you were fit enough to make such a trip purely for pleasure, totally unaware of how shit you had been due to overstretching yourself only a week earlier.

Hopefully you have given yourself a good talking to and spent the required time on the naughty step to focus your mind on not pushing the boundaries too far in future.
Cheers Rob .... regrettably I paid for it Saturday night but not quite as severe as usual .....
I have a theory I shall be putting to my consultant at the next MOT later this month and a possible regime change to try, with the treatments, to try and alleviate it a bit

Whilst me spleen has been reduced to a 'closer to normal' size .... it now has to work overtime, at a reduced size, to what it was, to cope with storing the same amount of crap me body produces in a fortnight .... so I'm gonna ask if I can try increasing the treatrment frequency to weekly, instead of the usual fortnightly, to reduce the workload on the poor lil' sod .... more hassle, but if it cures/reduces the 'shoot me now' nights, which are becoming ever more frequent, running up to treatment days .. I'll live with it