The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Commercial Vehicles

#41   IP: 86.137.245.134
Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 AM

Default Re: 3.5t tow vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MchaleBuildingServices View Post
pickups are classed as dual purpose cars so have car speed limits
There are a lot of rumours going about regarding the speed limits for double cab pick ups. Where do you get the definitive answer, there are many opinions on the Navara owners forum but I've never seen an answer which would make me comfortable arguing my case when faced with the speed gun.
I regularly drive a 160 mile stretch of the A9 from Inverness to Stirling which has average speed cameras from end to end, which makes you think twice before going over 55mph with the double cab.
  #42   IP: 81.153.36.226
Old 08-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Elect of Fifteen

i got done for doing 56 in my 3.5 ton tipperif its a commertial vehicle its 10 mph less
  #43   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 08-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Intendant of the Building

dual-purpose vehicle
a vehicle constructed or adapted for the carriage both of passengers and of goods or burden of any description, being a vehicle of which the unladen weight does not exceed 2040 kg, and which either—
(i)
is so constructed or adapted that the driving power of the engine is, or by the appropriate use of the controls of the vehicle can be, transmitted to all the wheels of the vehicle; or
(ii)
satisfies the following conditions as to construction, namely—
(a)
the vehicle must be permanently fitted with a rigid roof, with or without a sliding panel;
(b)
the area of the vehicle to the rear of the driver's seat must—
(i)
be permanently fitted with at least one row of transverse seats (fixed or folding) for two or more passengers and those seats must be properly sprung or cushioned and provided with upholstered back-rests, attached either to the seats or to a side or the floor of the vehicle; and
(ii)
be lit on each side and at the rear by a window or windows of glass or other transparent material having an area or aggregate area of not less than 1850 square centimetres on each side and not less than 770 square centimetres at the rear; and
(c)
the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the back-rests of the row of transverse seats satisfying the requirements specified in head (i) of sub-paragraph (b) (or, if there is more than one such row of seats, the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the back-rests of the rearmost such row) must, when the seats are ready for use, be not less than one-third of the distance between the rearmost part of the steering wheel and the rearmost part of the floor of the vehicle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #44   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 08-01-2017, 05:30 PM

bit shit looks like all the 2016+ double cab rangers are over the 2.04t, d max i think is over and by the looks of it some vans like the amarok will have some models under the weight but the top of the range model with the auto is over the weight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #45   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 PM

was wrong about the dmax
http://pickupand4x4.co.uk/pickup-truck-speed-limits

#46   IP: 109.154.71.231
Old 08-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Secret Master

The other thing to bear in mind is that the payload of a double cab needs to be over 1000kg (I think) to be able to claim the VAT back. They have been getting bigger and bigger from one model to the next. I have recently received an amended V5 from DVLA with a cover note from Nissan - they have magically lowered the mass in service to meet this criterion (my Navara lost 15kg overnight somehow!).
  #47   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 08-01-2017, 08:49 PM

They're all over 1t payload as far as i know its unladen to max vehicle weight it don't include any extras like canopies, towbars, nudge bars, etc and the 1t still has to have driver and passengers weight taken off

#48   IP: 109.154.71.231
Old 08-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Secret Master

Nissan must have had an issue somewhere to go to the trouble of changing the mass in service of existing vehicles. They've only changed it by 15kg (someone must have failed a VAT inspection I reckon).
  #49   IP: 2.28.140.138
Old 08-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
Nissan must have had an issue somewhere to go to the trouble of changing the mass in service of existing vehicles. They've only changed it by 15kg (someone must have failed a VAT inspection I reckon).
More like it's to allow for the chassis rotting out....
  #50   IP: 109.154.71.231
Old 08-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Secret Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
More like it's to allow for the chassis rotting out....
Ha ha ha!!!!