The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7251   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 05-11-2019, 01:53 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

there're three properties here ... old farm house, a granary and my barn...sadly for the couple in the granary, they're attached/bang next door to numpty ...
and planning on moving shortly .. think they've had enough ... they're lovely people .....

P&P ... they both steer clear .. the one of 'em is likely to deck him ... his missus told me she had to take his car keys off him one day after yet another 'abusive' phone call from Numpty.

a n other neighbour a field or so away ... only a question of time, 'fore he does ..loathes them both with a passion.

Guy who rents the grass keep on the fields - nice bloke, known him 'donkeys' .... again ...
it's a matter of time 'fore he opens his gob,, mouths off and gets it filled .... you all know the type ... wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

As for Liens ..... once a debt is established, t'ain't a great effort to slap on. Have used a Lien on a few occasions .. very successfully .. just let the bailiffs seize goods, 'til the debt's recovered ...

one episode was exciting though .... was owed £8+k an' change, by a.n.other small crane hire co. for cross hires ... mid 80s ...

Alun got a judgement against 'em and hit 'em with a Lien within a couple of days, 'cos no way was this bloke gonna pay without a fight ....
went with a bailiff to serve on 'em ... in fact the guy came with me in my motor.....
things got nasty and my car got rammed ... court bailiff rang plod from my mobile, to say he was under attack serving a warrant ...
gave his ID and there were two vanfuls of plod and a dog van there in under 5 minutes.

several arrests and they all had a night in the cells ... when we go to take a crane .... there's three there all wearing the same number plate ... plod had a field day and the bailiff took all three machines until the correct m/c was established.

Plod took 'em to court for criminal damage to my vehicle and attacking the bailiff ...
adjourned for lunch and I was sat in a pub with my old man, who'd come along for the day ...
I was a witness, obviously ....
the three guys up on charges come across to us and start giving it mouth about what's going to happen / keep a look out over yer shoulder, etc. ...

Clerk of the court was sat on the next table ... unknown to them
..... went back into court after lunch and the clerk had obviously had words with the bench, who promptly had all three arrested for intimidating witnesses and sent 'em down to the cells ....
I got me car paid for, plus comp. and they all got three months each for their performance ... and i also got me £8k and change plus costs when the crane got sold.

they also got serious fines for running false plates on two others and the finance co. who'd been trying to repo the other two for months took their machines back .... RESULT

yeh Liens work well.... and as said before .... Alun is the bollocks

as said ---- all I want them to do is put things back as they were ... this idiot is trying to pinch a foot or so off the boundary line and straighten out a dog leg IMHDO ...
which ain't happening .....
had he gone about things in a proper manner that might have been a different story .... with suitable incentives ... but not now

I deliberately didn't back fill this when we did all the water issues a while back, 'cos I knew the building would happen at some point

red line is the boundary edge .... all construction is to be his side of that line ...

could see some long faces coming up this morning as IMHDO they haven't dug wide enough his side ... and poured it Friday afternoon, when the 8 wheeler full of mix turned up ...... eventually

Minds were 'focused ' at 08:00 this morning ....

all debate / argument ceased and correct lines were established .. to my satisfaction ...

took Clara to nursery and was just about to go back down for her after my treatment, lunchtime when Wayne was at my back door to ask if I'd like to come and check all was satisfactory ....

corner masonry installed and leveled by the end of this afternoon, checked again and Alun was 'stood down' .... for now.
Numpty has scuttled off out of sight on several occasions today ... hopefully he fears for his safety .. he bloody well needs to ... amount of shit I've had this last week

more pix tomorrow .... bit dark for the corners tonight

Quite why (other than the obvious reasons of idiocracy and Napolean syndrome) I had to suffer all this crap, beggars belief.
I have a memory like an elephant for certain things

it was going one of three way this morning :...... Compliance, .... "cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war", ... or ... he was going to have to buy the most expensive 12" strip/30 sq. ft. of property/ground in the area, with provisos, if he didn't want shutting down ... amazing / impressive how the right phrases will 'focus' people's attention .....

this will be a.n.other wall of a building, 'cept 9" hollows, conc. filled with rebar and tanked to G/L forming a LARGE dopplegarage .... same footprint as previous with a fkn onduline crap roof FFS .. ships and tar, etc.. .... think Wayne was relieved to concede compliance,TBH ..
he and I are 'OK'
  #7252   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 05-11-2019, 01:58 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

on a much more enjoyable/pleasing note .... bought this a couple of hours ago

'twas very cheap, 18" and Miller

But ..........

Not as sweet a buy as this
  #7253   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 05-11-2019, 02:01 AM

and yes I know it says 210 on it ...... but it's been inspected by one of my 'spies' and ain't as big as it first appears

Virtually unused ... as can be seen and just could not be passed up for the price
'S gonna frighten the bejeezus out of a lot around here
now HTF am I gonna smuggle these past Pam is the next question??

these're reasonable tack .... ones I've seen B4 for 210s have been a hell of a lot BIGGER !! Like 7ft tall !! ...... have a plan formulated to overcome the pins and ctrs. .. in fact have a few ideas. For the cost it'll be a well "handy grab" .. people'll have to be a bit more circumspect about WTF they park in future
  #7254   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 07-11-2019, 11:29 PM

it's a compact model .....

http://www.secbucket.com/hydraulic-grapple22.html
  #7255   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 07-11-2019, 11:29 PM

the real thing touched down about 11.00 wed.s morning

Roy and his good lady arrived at eleven this morning together with said goodies

this's never been in the ground ... laid about on it a bit maybe no crap/tish in any of the gaps/crevices around the teeef and not a witness mark anywhere to say it's not been on a pension all its life

sadly it's 65 mm pins ... and a tad too narrow in the cheeks ... but I have a cunning plan

as for this little beauty ..... 'sgonna look a lot less monstrous with them bloody great cheeks whittled down to a more sensible size to suit a 'Drema .... cheeks are almost as big as the jaws

Both are good as new and neither look to have done any 'battle' .. ever !! Legs/jaws're 4 footers and'd make a mess of anything that refused to shift
  #7256   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 07-11-2019, 11:34 PM

after we'd all had a cuppa and his good lady and Pam had buddied up like they'd known each other for years ...
we escaped from the kitchen and went an' dropped 'em on the floor off of Roy's trailer,
............... 'fore taking a placcy pig chassis by the throat and depositing that back on his trailer, for a flight back to sunny (so I'm told it was, this morning) Devon ...
So Rory should've taken possession of it by now ... and Del'll have it parked in yet someone else's storage facility ..... Rory's got more space than me anyway
All this, just as it started to piss down ..... glad I fixed the screen wiper on the 'Drema a few weeks back ... generally try to avoid using it in the wet, as a rule ... involves getting damp otherwise ....
forgot to get a pic of the pig departing

So after I'd paid the man for my new toys and his delivery fees, they departed, after a final cuppa and natter ... for their 4 hr trip back ... did very well on time running up, fair play ... was surprised to see them so early, but did leave an hour earlier than I'd been told they would

Lovely people, who I hope we get to meet again

Having dumped said items where they'd landed, I re-located 'em to a spot a little more out the way, for now .... now that I had it pig free and wrapped up proceedings for the day .... as it was lashing down even harder

better pix and more info. when the big yeller fing puts in an appearance next
very glad I let Rory cajole me into these ....... SERIOUS bargains ..... but not as cheap as the Pocy 60, on 80% gear, the jammy sod found on Tuesday ....... bit easier to shift about though

Last edited by V8Druid; 07-11-2019 at 11:36 PM.
  #7257   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 08-11-2019, 12:03 AM

Got this on the bench earlier in the week in the odd dry hour we've had ...

and split, to deal with the not insignificant dent hiding behind a weld or three .

little extra point pressure needed in a few spots ...

a 10mm nut taped in position, here and there, worked a treat
  #7258   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 08-11-2019, 12:19 AM

back together and it goes full range ...

thought I was gonna have to find a new bit of SHS for the outer other wise
  #7259   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 09-11-2019, 08:59 PM

I'm reliably informed this morning, that all my woes started on this day 20 years ago

took Pam out on our first (blind) date ..... an' she didn't draw breath all evening !! .... some might say a 'wiser' man'd taken that as a sign of things to come !!

I blame Kevin Philips, her work colleague, and mutual friend, whom she tasked with the 'project' of finding her a suitable fella to accompany her to the BWW crimbo bash in '99, as she was fed up of going on her own, after her divorce some time before!!

I had ABSOLUTELY no idea who she was, or what she was like ... other than Kev's assurances she was "alright " ...

lyin' bar steward

I really have no idea WTF the last twenty years have vanished to ?? - but we've made a pretty decent team, along the way ....
two strong willed, very independent people, may not have been the best of combinations at times, but between us, there ain't much we can't cope with or handle.

Can't imagine what she went through in 2010, having not long moved here, when I got whisked into hospital, middle of the night, on a blues and two,s ride, body shutting down, with a distinctly serious possibility of not coming back !!!

she coped, nursed me back from, what was at the time, the edge of an abyss and has taken on the weekly responsibility for treatments, keeping me alive and 'healthy', ever since.

Women huh ...... WTF'd we be without 'em
  #7260   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 11-11-2019, 10:44 PM

Got an email this morning from me Consultant in the Heath .... we got the official appro. to change me treatment regime so this ...

.....'ll be a thing of the past on a Monday in the New Year ...

could start sooner, but have a delivery booked tomorrow for the next months-worth and REALLY do not want to be trying summat new over Crimbo, with no access to him if I have any problems ....

so hopefully, barring any issues, Jan 8th, 2020'll be the day I cut my ties to the fridge, for keeping me 'hamster juice' chilled and it'll be two lil' tabs a day for the rest of me natural

Can always go back to this if it doesn't work, or pisses my system off ... but hopefully all will be fine.

The huge significance of it, aside from the obvious, is we'll be able to travel, tablets in pocket ... might have a holiday to celebrate ... once it's had some time to settle and prove itself

Me Cerezyme (hamster juice) is made in Cambridge, Massachusetts, by an outfit called Genzyme ...
an artificial enzyme (imiglucerase) grown on the back of hamster ovary stem cells ... hence the nick name ...

and no, I've not grown cheek pouches, become nocturnal, or started making nests in corners, with shredded newspaper (I've heard most of 'em from me mates) ...

it has to be kept between +2C and +6C or it's knackered ...
hence the fridge's importance in life ...
although we can theoretically do the infusions anywhere ...
try transporting very expensive 'drugs' at a consistent temperature, without a monitored, regulated fridge

they gave us a medical fridge .... half the size of a normal one for 8 little bottles ....
never turned it on and used ours ... has its own monitoring built in and I also have a secondary thermometer checking it, with it's own external display ....
glancing at it every time I go past has become such second nature, I don't even notice ...
visitors sometimes ask why I pay it so much attention

some winter sun'll be high on Pam's priority list ..
and have to admit it has a certain appeal for me too .. been bleak here today

the infusion routine's been wearing a bit thin after seven years doing it