The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Vintage & Classic Equipment

#1   IP: 86.128.99.60
Old 01-07-2018, 07:03 PM

Default Please identify kubota

I had this machine knocking about my yard for sometime. Before I start restoring and repair need to know Kubota model. Think it's KH 15 3 tonne, but 3 tonne seems to only have the one ram on front blade ,this has two. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by bumble; 01-07-2018 at 07:09 PM.
  #2   IP: 86.130.15.139
Old 02-07-2018, 07:26 AM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: Please identify kubota

Picturewould be handy
Nick...
  #3   IP: 86.144.141.232
Old 02-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerman View Post
Picturewould be handy
Nick...
"great minds......" 'xactly what I thought too
  #4   IP: 86.128.99.60
Old 07-07-2018, 11:07 AM

Hahahaha! I've just noticed it too. Thought I'd conquered my computer. The site wouldn't accept photo size...too big and I tried to chop it down. Out of frustration ended up giving it a blow on the head with a mallet; yes that didn't work either. Meantime got distracted by world cup Looks like I'll reluctantly have to get the wife in to sort it Nothing will happen until after match this afternoon. Thanks for noticing the blank guys!!! also I remember now, you get no email notification of activity, you have to login each time.
  #5   IP: 86.128.99.60
Old 08-07-2018, 11:25 AM

Picture uploaded
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020891a.jpg (42.2 KB, 53 views)
  #6   IP: 92.14.252.163
Old 08-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Knight of the East and West

Kubota KH14

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ku...XWgAYBbb1A_fM:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #7   IP: 86.128.99.60
Old 08-07-2018, 03:18 PM

Great! I think your right too. Thank you very much.
The work in hand then. I have got to replace nearly all top and bottom track rollers. I have seen how expensive they are so will knock them out on my lathe/milling machine. The track tension mechanism is seized and it looks like adjustment is through small square access opening. I assume by turning the threaded rod this pushes out the front sprocket assembly. All seized of course.
So do I remove both tracks and spry a lubricant on both the front sprocket assemblies and leave to soak in. I assume the assembly sort of telescopes or floats back and forward? Any advice would be great.

Here's a tip,I was here some time ago on another thread regarding cold starting the older diesel engines. Got some great advice too. But guess what! I found the quick cheap option was to simple put a hot air gun (paint stripper) into the air intake manifold, This gives a kind of turbo charged!!! effect forcing hot air oxygen in on an airstream. It works like a dream for my 3c2, Manitou forklift and two hand crank dumpers which would never normally start in cold weather.
  #8   IP: 86.133.185.234
Old 08-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble View Post
a tip,....regarding cold starting the older diesel engines. ...... quick cheap option was to simple put a hot air gun (paint stripper) into the air intake manifold, This gives a kind of turbo charged!!! effect forcing hot air oxygen in on an airstream. It works like a dream for my 3c2, Manitou forklift and two hand crank dumpers which would never normally start in cold weather.
blow lamp works pretty well too ..... just don't 'torch' anything in the process.
even a 'wick' of burning newspaper is a huge help on a cold morning
  #9   IP: 86.128.99.60
Old 08-07-2018, 09:07 PM

Wink Re: Please identify kubota

Yes a blow torch also works! I used to use a gas lance to begin with but that set up takes away oxygen the life blood of the engine. I also nearly set fire to my 3c2, so I came up with the hot air gun idea instead. It's clean safe and it never fails no matter how cold.
Well V8! how do I free up the the tensioner assembly???
  #10   IP: 86.128.99.60
Old 14-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Question Re: Please identify kubota

Kubota KH14 I've checked out the photos kindly supplied for kh14 and noticed that the 14 only has the one ram on the blade , mine has two. Is it still the same model?