The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Situations Vacant / Post your CV

#11   IP: 92.16.147.123
Old 31-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default Re: operator wanted sussex/surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
ok so druid or rory want the job clearly! but im struggling to choose, the young guy with the big hands or the old welshman who hasnt seen the sun in over 40 years!

what about a over large chap from the wilds of norfolk just have to open a local diggers near me and i will come and drive for you dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #12   IP: 2.124.62.38
Old 31-07-2015, 11:38 PM
Knight of the East

tiny, ive been working on a little franchise package if you want to buy an area!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#13   IP: 92.16.148.23
Old 01-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
tiny, ive been working on a little franchise package if you want to buy an area!
what would 50p and 2 no 3 packets of spearmint polos get me is something for the future dan but at the mo the funds are low

#14   IP: 46.33.141.223
Old 01-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way Dan or Tiny (especially not Tiny!), but I don't understand for people who sign up to franchises. Always thought frankly they might as well just take a job. That's just me though, it may well work for others.

I can see you're coming at this from the other end of the spectrum (kerching! ) so good luck and I hope it's worth the hassle.

Personally I prefer to give 10% of the labour element of a job in a brown envelope to fellow tradesmen who recommend me. Cheaper than advertising, they weed out timewasters for me, and I can still pick and choose who I work for.

With a franchise I'd always be answerable the the main franchise company- "Why didn't you chase up that lead? Don't you know you represent us? And here's your monthly bill". Fuck that.

Last edited by doobin; 01-08-2015 at 11:52 AM.
  #15   IP: 92.16.148.23
Old 01-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
Don't take this the wrong way Dan or Tiny (especially not Tiny!), but I don't understand for people who sign up to franchises. Always thought frankly they might as well just take a job. That's just me though, it may well work for others.

I can see you're coming at this from the other end of the spectrum (kerching! ) so good luck and I hope it's worth the hassle.

Personally I prefer to give 10% of the labour element of a job in a brown envelope to fellow tradesmen who recommend me. Cheaper than advertising, they weed out timewasters for me, and I can still pick and choose who I work for.

With a franchise I'd always be answerable the the main franchise company- "Why didn't you chase up that lead? Don't you know you represent us? And here's your monthly bill". Fuck that.
what if i did take it the wrong way hey doobin lol just hide in the cab of you digger and you safe as cant get in lol nar i know what you mean is a dream for me to go it alone/franchise but at the moment i would be happy to find a nice little company to join

#16   IP: 46.33.141.223
Old 01-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydigger View Post
what if i did take it the wrong way hey doobin lol just hide in the cab of you digger and you safe as cant get in lol nar i know what you mean is a dream for me to go it alone/franchise but at the moment i would be happy to find a nice little company to join
I can't afford a cab!

Still, at least the air conditioning is good. Between the months of November to February at least.
  #17   IP: 31.107.247.170
Old 01-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Just how would you control another ground works gang hundreds of miles away ? So say it works, they go out and carry out one job then next time what's to stop them nicking repeat work for themselves ? If they can work and still afford to pay for a franchise why not charge a little less, go direct and F off the middle man ? Dan I would stick with and build up your own gang or you'll spend the rest of your life chasing arseholes and non payers both clients and franchisees !
  #18   IP: 2.124.62.38
Old 01-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Knight of the East

deleted the lot sorry

Last edited by Local Diggers; 01-08-2015 at 11:08 PM.
  #19   IP: 31.107.247.170
Old 01-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

So in order to fill your diary you have to give the client a price. Do you price the whole job not visiting the site ? Do you price plant, materials, waste away be it tippers grabs or skips ? Pricing in a far off area will not be easy, you will have to get at least 3 prices in for every service you require in a strange area with no familierarity ? So you send your man to the job and he messes up ? How will you rectify the job ? and who will you use to carry out remedial works and complete the job ? Just some questions to go on with Dan.
  #20   IP: 81.135.88.51
Old 01-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Knight of the East

I would not be happy to rock up on site with a machine without looking first... even my one day hires with the baby digger are scoped out first so I know exactly what i'm up against.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."