The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Situations Vacant / Post your CV

#1   IP: 92.239.108.15
Old 18-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Secret Master

Default Ground worker required

I'm looking for an enthusiastic ground worker with all aspects experience of new builds and extensions up to dpc, must be competent with a 360 excavator and have good eye for detail, 90% of the work is within 15 mile radius of Telford, must have own transport however, after a successful trial period a van could be available, please call 07890 424332 or email to info@andrewdonald.co.uk
If anybody on the forum knows of anyone suitable can you let them know, trying to find anybody to reply to ads is a real struggle, thanks.
  #2   IP: 86.147.61.242
Old 20-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Ground worker required

Andy we just listed a job on indeed.co.uk, pay a few quid a day and we are getting maybe 3-4 applications every day and have a good pick of men, well worth trying ive been impressed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #3   IP: 92.239.108.15
Old 20-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Secret Master

Thanks for that Local I'll get an ad on there, chap I've got at the moment just cannot retain any info, even basic things he's a good labourer but anything that requires attention to detail just hopeless.
What state we'll be in a few years god only knows as trying to find anybody is getting harder.
  #4   IP: 81.147.99.201
Old 20-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy gaffer View Post
Thanks for that Local I'll get an ad on there, chap I've got at the moment just cannot retain any info, even basic things he's a good labourer but anything that requires attention to detail just hopeless.
What state we'll be in a few years god only knows as trying to find anybody is getting harder.
Yes i know your predicament well.

All the good ones are taken or more so they work for themselves already.
  #5   IP: 86.174.112.251
Old 20-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

If your any good you wont be looking

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #6   IP: 86.146.5.48
Old 20-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy gaffer View Post
had a lad like that once,worked like a dog but couldnt do a mix for shit even after 3 years
  #7   IP: 86.214.251.169
Old 21-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Master Elect of Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
had a lad like that once,worked like a dog but couldnt do a mix for shit even after 3 years
Yeah I had a bloke for about 4 years - he was a real grafter and was never late or threw a sicky - but he didnt have an eye for detail and I couldnt get him driving a mini matter how I tried - it wasnt going to happen ... even just finishing off or something while I sorted out next job.

Having some support in your efforts seems like the hardest bit - whether its staff/suppliers/mechanic ....................... even harder here than the u.k in my experience.
  #8   IP: 92.239.108.15
Old 25-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Secret Master

Agreed to start a chap today so hopefully he'll turn out ok, seems to know what he's on about.
Thanks to Local Diggers I cannot believe the amount of reply's from the indeed job site, a few wasters but some good blokes to, had a few who apply via an abbreviated text, whether I'm out of touch but how they think there selling themselves is beyond me, ones that I've spoke to and asked if the can send some details about themselves via email again don't bother, to much effort I guess, no chance using a shovel then!
  #9   IP: 86.7.227.133
Old 25-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Intendant of the Building

Everytime I put money on adwords we get calls for people wanting a job/work only one has ever actually bothered to send an email with details/experience