The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7111   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 16-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
Are you stocking up on tooling before you even own the tool there Druid?
At those prices Alex they got to be had ..... already got plenty of ISO 40 stuff, but a shell mill is summat I didn't keep .... Tom Lomax had 'em with me miller he bought

if it's the right price ... it won't eat or drink and Button B is an ad. away !!

Got a nice Ajax lined up if I can find half a day to go eyeball and pay for it

just a bit busy ATM ... between events and Clara three days a week ...... an' it's Pam's 60th next week
  #7112   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 17-06-2019, 12:26 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

managed to get me duct sorted, cut to length and the rest coiled up tidy this afternoon ....

took some wrestling back into a coil after i'd wrestled it into a straight length to tidy up the excess

dropped in an extension for one of the water lines ... the live one ... gravity fed

just as it started to pee down again ..... pulled the stop end off, to find an old style fitting ... so the simple swap I'd anticipated happening turned into a wet swap in all senses
.... combined with the annoying move of filling me one rigger, wresting the end of it trying to get the fitting's insert back out ...
bloody weather .. been dry all day ... even dry enough to get the lawn knocked down

t'other line will be for a pumped/pressurised supply, when I get the storage tank into the black shed, plumbed in and the pump installed, to feed it ..
hence a further need for an electric supply to the shed. ....
it's all about levels here, when it comes to water, plumbing and planning a system. We have a limited 'head' to play with to get it here
must remember to extend that one too
..... after I've lifted it all back out to clean the trench bottom again when it dries up a bit
  #7113   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 17-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Looks like a hell of a machine - would love that sort of setup eventually with a Lathe and Mill. One day!
  #7114   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 17-06-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
Looks like a hell of a machine - would love that sort of setup eventually with a Lathe and Mill. One day!
lovely isn't it ....
same as those ones, at a training school, I missed locally last year, when the seller wouldn't respond to my Q.s ... 'til it was too late and he'd blown the lot out to a dealer ...
other than belt/pulley speed change, rather than variable (which TBH are OK .. 'til you need to change the big belt in the head - complete strip to achieve it )

desperately need some time to go get it sorted ..... something we never seem to have much of these days