The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7491   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 21-05-2020, 12:22 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

getting 'tother side right was a bit more interesting....
liberated a pair of pins from me B20 adapter to get things lined up

and trusted that Miller had got their pins right, so paralleled off them ... they looked and measured as pretty fair

braced the first pair parallel with the existing cheeks

and set up the fourth eye

a LOT of careful measuring went into getting those pins right ... 400 centres, parallel and square to each other - parallel to the originals, etc. and that the pins'd slip in/out nicely .... then braced them to each other and the bucket

before setting about them with the Caddy ......
would've loved to have mig-ed 'em, but been a real blowy day here today ...
good job or it'd have been baking ... been sweating cobs all day as it was ... been 27C here
  #7492   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 21-05-2020, 12:25 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

few decent stitches ... then rolled it

matched the stitches .... and rolled it

you get the idea ....... I rolled this a lot
and put a lot of this down

#7493   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 21-05-2020, 12:29 AM

can see why it got seriously braced ...

anyway ...... it was all straight and true after I'd had me tea and it'd cooled down
so ... picked it down off the bench .......

knocked a few of the braces out with the cold chisel ....
  #7494   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 21-05-2020, 12:36 AM

.......and slid those big 70s into their holes

went in sweet as pie .. .... i'll knock out the rest of the braces tomorrow and fettle off all the tacks holding 'em .....
then see how it looks in the Miller ...... wish I'd had this for rock ripping, when I was tearing out the various layers I took out leveling me patch ....
it'd have been the kiddy

might add a few gussets, but I don't really think they'll be necessary ...... those cheeks are NOT coming off ..........
without the gas axe or a thin disc.
easy enough to return this to it's originality if required ... it's a VERY nicely made bucket ... can see why Miller charge for 'em

toddled down the drive after I'd locked up, 'bout half eight, see if we'd had any post ...
we planted this three years ago and has fruited every year since,

but yet to taste any ..... the bloody birds always get to 'em first

this came over lunch time-ish ..... hedge hopping

could hear it coming but couldn't see it .... 'til it appeared over the trees !!!!!!!!!
  #7495   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 23-05-2020, 12:02 PM

well I had it on the Miller Thursday .....

#7496   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 23-05-2020, 12:03 PM

but only after a bit of tweaking with the Dewalt 5" ...... forgot that those cheeks had never been under the Miller .. they were originally made to pin the Hill to the pin on lugs originally fitted under the VA-r

but I got there with some judicious adjustments ... and a bit of extra welding here and there to make sure and fully secured the bosses whilst I had it back on the bench

The front hook on that hitch is a beast of a thing ... but as said ... I triumphed

serious rain thursday night??? ............and the wind yesterday ... been a wild day .. and same today
  #7497   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 12:42 AM

well Friday was a tad damp to start ... on and off and seriously wild .... did dry up later in the day and managed to get some not so shiny tish on this...

then stuck it out the way for now ...

trailer gives it a bit of scale
some grass got massacred for the rest of the day ... up the drive ... looking a tad 'wild' down the 'shared' part of the drive (the bulk of it) which we usually do, as no one else seems inclined to be arsed
the Dane gets deployed on the turning area and passing places, plus anything else flat / accessible enough to get it onto .. which is a reasonable amount ... rest gets strimmed and the Husqy leaf blower I invested in last year clears it all up nicely ...

That saw off a fair bit of the rest of the day and I finished it off with the 4.5" Makita on me main forks, prepping 'em for bossing up, which I've been meaning to do since I made 'em ... several years ago now

Saturday saw said bosses getting applied (made a load several months ago, ready for fitting

Saturday's weather, although forecast good, after 12 ... wasn't ... and got pee-ed on several times

which is a bit of a change from the balmy weather of late .... but got 'em on in the end ...
  #7498   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 12:45 AM

one of me lights in the box went off in the day and after investigating, decided 'twere burgered ... had a couple of spares, I'd bought at the same time, so hauled one out, to rob the guts out of it ...

only to discover it'd been 'invaded' by a small and furry little creature, who'd obviously not neen as adept at finding its way back out, as it had been at finding a way in ... and had consequently 'expired' after eating anything it could chew first (and crapping everywhere - a lot for such a little thing) ...

hell of a pair of legs for such a tiny little mouse - 'bout 40mm long (the mouse)
anyway ... after clearing up after the 'visitor' I swapped the guts over and we had light returned to over the benches

only this in there to go wrong and as luck would have it, found a n other on ebay that some leccy had stripped out of some new units, converting to LED, so had to have it .. or i'd have a perfectly good unit with no guts

#7499   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 12:48 AM

slapped a first coat on the bare metal bits after tea, ready for a full cover job today

which got done yesterday morning

good as new ...

next on the agenda ... as the sun was nicely out today, was me blade / VA-r forks, which again, hadn't had any attention since they were put together, some time ago ... so dropped them on't bench, ready to split the adapter off them

two M16s out and they split easy enough

#7500   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 12:51 AM

nicely balanced on the chains too
and dropped it on the bench

now those who've not seen these apart before can see the wood for the trees ... I'll chuck 'em on the blade, 'fore they go back together and take a few pix
I'd always intended the adapter to be this colour ... but'd run out of Druid Gold, at the time ..

so that got a coat, before tea ..... and another after ... dries real quick this stuff .... had a tidy up then half an hour changing the water filters on our system, as our pressure'd been down a bit the last couple of days ... and they needed doing, when i got 'em out ... much better after

been a lovely day .. after the wind eventually subsided and it warmed up again .... gave us a stunning sky tonight ..

"red sky at night .......... " forecast looking good for at least the next 10 days