The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Forum Requests

#1   IP: 2.30.186.100
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Soverign Grand Inspector General

Default Fellas, this is getting way beyond stupid.

Fellas, this is getting way beyond stupid.

I have read all of the Uppercut thread - It is fucking madness!!

Uppercut - I PMd them when they joined and took a look at their website. I said what they did had relevance and there would be interest in what they did. But introduce yourselves. It seems like they did this?

Understand this - I am totally sick and tired of members attacking new members for what they consider to be transgressions to their idea of forum rules. This is way way more damaging to the forum than the original bit of self promotion. I am not prepared to put up with it.

RULES FOR POSTING

INTRODUCTIONS
ACCEPTABLE
It is OK to tell people about your business in introductions. If it has industry relevance, we should tolerate the promotion element to it? If someone benefits from it, then the forum is providing a useful function in bringing customers and suppliers together. Extra latitude should be given to posters who obviously run small businesses - This forum should be helping them to grow - Not hinder them!!

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Introductions that read like adverts with no background or context.
Introductions promoting products or services with no industry relevance, even if some background is offered.

New members are free to post in Introductions, Classifieds, Products and Services. Irrespective of previous introductions/posts.

CLASSIFIEDS
ACCEPTABLE
Specific items for sale. Irrespective of number of posts, size of business, perceived quality of previous introductions. Anything relevant. If you don't want to be advertised at, don't visit classifieds.

NOT ACCEPTABLE
General product and service promotion. See next new section.

NEW SECTION - PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
This is for people to blatantly promote their (industry relevant) businesses. Irrespective of number of posts, size of business, perceived quality of previous introductions. Businesses must have industry relevance. Fill it with back links, do what you like. Non-industry relevant promotion should be reported and will be removed. If you don't want to be advertised to, don't visit this section.

MODERATION
The site does not need moderators. I will clean up offending reported posts within a few days of notification. Moderators would make the situation worse. Part of the reason for this forum's success is the light handed moderation. I intend for it to stay that way.

REPORTING POSTS
If you think something is out of order report it to me. Please do not go on the offensive - I do not want to get heavy handed over this, but I will if I have to. The constant flaming is giving the forum a bad reputation. This is way more important to me than the odd bit of promotion that slips through the net. I will attend to any reported posts within a few days. If that is not quick enough for you sorry, but that is how it is.

My existing guide to new members on posting wasn't an invitation for you lot to dive in at every opportunity for a bun fight!

I will include these rules into the welcome mail to all new members.

_________

I do not need others to decide what my idea of acceptable is. I can work that out for myself. I take a fairly relaxed view on most things.

The things that really make my shit itch are:
Flaming and persecution of new members with industry relevance
Chinese flooring manufacturers and the like looking for a free ride

That is it.

Please remember this when you are purporting to represent my views and interests.

Report what you consider inappropriate through the report post button and I will moderate as I see fit, when I can.

Anything remotely industry related has a home on this forum. The only question now is, is it in the correct section. Feel free to point this out to new members, politely.

Lets move on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UK Distributors and Installers of: Lincoln Auto Lube Systems | Loadrite Weighing Systems | Alphaview Vehicle CCTV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 2.30.186.100
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Fellas, this is getting way beyond stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Thankyou, time for a good fried breakfast now.
Stick an extra piece of black pudding on for me Trax!

UK Distributors and Installers of: Lincoln Auto Lube Systems | Loadrite Weighing Systems | Alphaview Vehicle CCTV

#3   IP: 109.151.58.33
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

very well put Julian
  #4   IP: 2.30.186.100
Old 04-08-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
very well put Julian
Thank you Graham.

#5   IP: 176.25.74.129
Old 04-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Knight of the East

fair do's. cant say i agree with allowing links but im happy to sit back and accept the decision thats been made and back it all the way. lets keep moving forward

#6   IP: 86.132.211.157
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Knight of the East

thankyou
  #7   IP: 86.132.211.157
Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
lets keep moving forward
with maybe a bit of this????......always gets me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSFUW80uxk
  #8   IP: 86.145.3.235
Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

I have PM'd Julian and asked him to delete my membership,I have removed my profile pic and personal details all ready...I leave behind pics and posts.Enjoy the new Forum every one and farewell this will be my last post .....Sean.

Last edited by Guest1; 04-08-2013 at 08:51 PM.
  #9   IP: 176.25.74.129
Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Knight of the East

aww sean man, it will be a duller place of you do leave.

#10   IP: 89.240.54.135
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Sad to see you leave Sean. Have had a good laugh with many of your posts over time

Grape Picker.