The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#21   IP: 90.255.22.46
Old 23-06-2018, 07:38 AM
Intendant of the Building

Default Re: Micro digger/tracked dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Gardening ..... heard there's a gap in the market might need filling
You joke but its not a bad business if you can get your head over how boring it is. Need sub 500 worth of tools and a van to earn a good wage cutting grass trimming hedges etc. minimal risk, easy to price.

Unlike groundwork where you need 40k plus in tools and equipment to earn similar wages, plus huge risks, retention, running a labour force, in theory a better margin but by the time you take out running costs for all that gear, the vans, inefficient labour days between jobs, insurance, safety costs etc I don't think its worth the effort.

As you grow and price bigger jobs, the margin gets smaller but the risks bigger (the really big boys are working on 1-2% margins) and to compete I need to be heading that way as well. And thanks but no thanks, I'd rather retire early than join the race to the bottom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #22   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 23-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: Micro digger/tracked dumper

Fair play Ollie, I hope you do well with the next stage of life/business. It really is a shame as the work and reputation you've earn't is obviously in high regard!

But that's construction. Race to the bottom funded by know nothing idiots with HP.... Bet your glad to be exiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."