The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 24-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default JCB 86c-1 TAB

My long awaited 86c finally arrived today. There was a long lead time on the build when I ordered it but there have been delays at the factory that have basically caused it to be a month later than promised. Not the best start to be honest.
So I thought I'd start a thread about it, I know there is not much love for JCB on the forum as a rule, but I found the info on here very useful when researching machines and I hope my experience of this model can help others in the same way. Wether to give others hope that they are worth considering or to say stay clear, although for my sake I hope it's not the latter

I will try my best to tell the good and bad, however I find it.

First impressions are good, I'm sure there will be niggles that I will find, but to be honest I have only had five minutes in the seat and not had the opportunity to give it a good look over yet. So it would be unfair to give any view of it at the mo, positive or negative.

I hope to get it to some work soon and start to get a feel for it and give you all some feedback of what it's like.

Got a few pics of it for now, I know we all love a pic

Using an iPad, seems very easy to add photos, but I cannot seem to add more than one to a post so I'll stick another couple on separate posts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 277 views)
  #2   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 24-04-2015, 10:43 PM

Default Re: JCB 86c-1 TAB

And another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.0 KB, 199 views)
  #3   IP: 81.147.126.199
Old 24-04-2015, 10:48 PM

Another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.9 KB, 144 views)
  #4   IP: 86.47.23.196
Old 24-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Perfect Master

Congratulations James.

A beautiful machine there.
Looks to have a hell of a reach.
Plenty of oil piped to the dipper too

I'm sure this thread will create a lot of interest. I certainly know it will for me anyway. Looking forward to seeing more.

The very best of good luck with her.

Tony.
  #5   IP: 81.136.99.13
Old 24-04-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
My long awaited 86c finally arrived today. There was a long lead time on the build when I ordered it but there have been delays at the factory that have basically caused it to be a month later than promised. Not the best start to be honest.
So I thought I'd start a thread about it, I know there is not much love for JCB on the forum as a rule, but I found the info on here very useful when researching machines and I hope my experience of this model can help others in the same way. Wether to give others hope that they are worth considering or to say stay clear, although for my sake I hope it's not the latter

First impressions are good, I'm sure there will be niggles that I will find, but to be honest I have only had five minutes in the seat and not had the opportunity to give it a good look over yet. So it would be unfair to give any view of it at the mo, positive or negative.

I hope to get it to some work soon and start to get a feel for it and give you all some feedback of what it's like.

Using an iPad, seems very easy to add photos, but I cannot seem to add more than one to a post so I'll stick another couple on separate posts.
Great looking machine James! Really looks beefy with that boom and steel tracks! I for one really hope these machines do what they say on the tin! I do think Jcb have upped there game lately.

Look forward to hearing more on it, it must be the first new type JCB on the forum?

Just need a nice Hurricane tree shear or selector grab for it now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #6   IP: 5.81.139.234
Old 24-04-2015, 11:41 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:

NICE!!
As said - hell of a reach !!

odd shaped root section on the boom, but VA - you'll not be going back from there!!

Hope it does you (and JCB) proud Boyo !!
  #7   IP: 95.144.116.87
Old 25-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Knight of the East

That is a really nice looking bit of kit there James, and I agree with Aiden the Steels with Two Piece Boom really set it off nicely.

You're so wrong about there being no love about for JCB on here, I'm certain many will agree we've seen some all time classic machines from them when they were at the top of their game, and for me personally I'd love to be operating one of it was on the same level as the competition.

Hopefully this machine will up the profile of the new range enough for some to start and take another look.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it performs, and what you think the new boom setup adds to the package.

I sincerely hope it proves to be a great purchase for you and I'd like a go please!

Eddie.
  #8   IP: 95.147.75.121
Old 25-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Nice machine there, hell of a reach on it as said.
Hope it goes well for you .
  #9   IP: 109.157.248.244
Old 25-04-2015, 09:45 AM

Best of luck with the new machine: I will be very interested to hear how you get on. I like the look of these new diggers and am desperately hoping that they'll be a winner for JCB.
  #10   IP: 31.81.3.225
Old 25-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Unfortunately anything slightly different from hammer lines and a hitch seems to throw up delays, so I wouldn't hang on that to much. It certainly looks a fantastic machine, was fortunate to see one when they first came out, and the pictures in the magazines etc, do not do them justice at all. looking forward to reading about this, and I'm sure with JCB's PR machine, they'll be pictures of it everywhere

Ollie

Tags
jcb 86c, jcb 86c-1 tab