The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#21   IP: 81.154.247.156
Old 18-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: JCB's current Stable - 1.5-10t

The problem I found with the 3cx compact is with it been hydrostatic is that you couldn't walk it.

And front end visibility is really crap compared to the old 2cx. Did the one you drove have the shite double mirror thing on the dash board?
  #22   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 18-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
The problem I found with the 3cx compact is with it been hydrostatic is that you couldn't walk it.

And front end visibility is really crap compared to the old 2cx. Did the one you drove have the shite double mirror thing on the dash board?
Yes it must have, and the weird fkn mirror on top the cab which I couldn't work out what it was for.

I am with you fully that the loader arms get in the way of bucket visibility. It's not a bit of kit designed to be multipurpose, just seems to be a Tarmac machine.... perfect for 80% of modern backhoe drivers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #23   IP: 86.130.166.14
Old 18-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

A 2dx was a 3cx compact back in 96 , great utility work machine , all wheel steer only though , Cat have the best 4WS i have tried

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #24   IP: 81.154.247.156
Old 18-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
A 2dx was a 3cx compact back in 96 , great utility work machine , all wheel steer only though , Cat have the best 4WS i have tried
2dx...yes totally agree.

Cat 4ws....yes totally agree.
  #25   IP: 86.130.166.14
Old 19-06-2018, 06:01 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
2dx...yes totally agree.

Cat 4ws....yes totally agree.
shame they made so few before giving up , i put near on 5000hrs on one

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
  #26   IP: 86.178.80.103
Old 20-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Elect of Fifteen

As I said, I had a bit of time on a 100C over the last week or two, bread and butter version with a normal blade. My impressions, overall quite small for the weight, lower centre of gravity than a lot of similar size machines and pushed like an old 100B. Which is marvellous if that's what you want an excavator to do. Everything above the slew ring seemed a bit light, and breakout wasn't great, but it was quick. It was also pretty quick on its feet in a straight line. Controls good, except for the pedals which I could hardly use with my feet, and the switches to energise everything and defaulting to Eco mode every time the armrest lifted. Niggles, I know, but when you're on and off a lot as you generally are when on this size mount, it gets a pain. Overall, though, not the worst 10 tonner I've been on. I think it'd shine on landscaping, golf courses, anything where it would be travelling a lot scratching about without too much hard digging.

Sorry to thread-jack, Rory, but just wanted to add my impressions to yours. I can't get over this, three pages of JCB and it hasn't kicked off.
  #27   IP: 109.152.21.47
Old 20-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri963 View Post
As I said, I had a bit of time on a 100C over the last week or two, bread and butter version with a normal blade. My impressions, overall quite small for the weight, lower centre of gravity than a lot of similar size machines and pushed like an old 100B. Which is marvellous if that's what you want an excavator to do. Everything above the slew ring seemed a bit light, and breakout wasn't great, but it was quick. It was also pretty quick on its feet in a straight line. Controls good, except for the pedals which I could hardly use with my feet, and the switches to energise everything and defaulting to Eco mode every time the armrest lifted. Niggles, I know, but when you're on and off a lot as you generally are when on this size mount, it gets a pain. Overall, though, not the worst 10 tonner I've been on. I think it'd shine on landscaping, golf courses, anything where it would be travelling a lot scratching about without too much hard digging.

Sorry to thread-jack, Rory, but just wanted to add my impressions to yours. I can't get over this, three pages of JCB and it hasn't kicked off.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the 2go system can be disabled at the owners request, to return it to a simple case of dropping the pod an your away.
The default to eco was also a pain for me, but that too can be altered so it defaults to Heavy mode.

Simple little ecu tweaks can make the whole operating experience much more pleasurable

Out of interest, what did you think it lacked in breakout force? Was it bucket tearout or dipper tearout? Iím interested to see how moving the bucket linkage to the Ďpowerí position, would alter the performance?
  #28   IP: 86.178.80.103
Old 20-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Missed that bit, probably haven't read right through the thread. My mount didn't have an option to reposition the link, and I haven't seen it. Sounds like the old Hymacs and Priestmans, they had two holes in the buckets. Nearly always got left in the power position unless you were doing nothing but load off a stockpile.

TBH, I didn't take too much notice whether it was the bucket or stick which were weak, impression was they were both a bit weak compared to a Kubota.
  #29   IP: 109.152.21.47
Old 20-06-2018, 11:21 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Missed that bit, probably haven't read right through the thread. My mount didn't have an option to reposition the link, and I haven't seen it. Sounds like the old Hymacs and Priestmans, they had two holes in the buckets. Nearly always got left in the power position unless you were doing nothing but load off a stockpile.

TBH, I didn't take too much notice whether it was the bucket or stick which were weak, impression was they were both a bit weak compared to a Kubota.
Extra pin hole in the bucket linkage, as can be seen in this pic. Not my pic, just a library pic.
Iíve not seen one used in the power position, or tried it myself, I am keen to try it, just not gotten round to it. I think it may effect the bucket rotation in negative way, but I canít be sure until I try it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78CF91EC-FBBB-4B67-9B5E-ED4E6AF5A1E7.jpg (32.1 KB, 28 views)
  #30   IP: 86.183.122.186
Old 20-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
All good mate, someone at JCB is no doubt smirking away

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."