The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Vintage & Classic Equipment

#21   IP: 195.93.21.69
Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: TD 15C, IH & Dresser.

Dehayne the Rotary pump was the Roosa master, an american pump. The inlines are Bosch, not sure if they are PE's as fitted to Scania and Volvo, i will check tomorrow. I need transmission parts, missed one from Tony one day as he had to have a quick answer and i was away from phone. Looser
  #22   IP: 195.93.21.69
Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 PM

Pete they were so good Komatsu Copied them. Even the new D65PX-15 still has almost identical final drives, pivoting track frames and the planetary steering that IH developed. We were the first Co in the country to remove strip and rebuild a D65PX transmission. I fell out with a fitter at Komatsu Reman at Birtley when we visited the rebuild of our brand new transmission after it failed... and i diagnosed the problem.....Believe this or not they built a brand new unit and left the lubrication relief valve out ......
Out of four items i said i wouldn't reuse the Facility manager agreed on two parts.....the fitter was not happy, he didn't know my background and excellent training art Saville the dealer for the machines that Komatsu chose to copy.........did they...
  #23   IP: 94.11.113.253
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerhayne View Post
i stand to be corected here but wasnt it the b series that did that,i had a 175b turn up on site that had been brought in from germany in 87,it was absolutly mint been maintained regardless of cost i should think,it did a couple of days work then threw a leg outone of my 15s has a rotary injection pump the others have inline i noticed the other day,must take the serial nos and age them
Diggerhayne perhaps you were unlucky with your B series ,,from time to time it can happen with any engine.There was quite a number of "legs out of bed" with the early C series. Its a long time since I was involved with these machines but I think the engine was a 414 Trax will correct me if I'm wrong.
  #24   IP: 94.11.113.253
Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Pete they were so good Komatsu Copied them. Even the new D65PX-15 still has almost identical final drives, pivoting track frames and the planetary steering that IH developed. We were the first Co in the country to remove strip and rebuild a D65PX transmission. I fell out with a fitter at Komatsu Reman at Birtley when we visited the rebuild of our brand new transmission after it failed... and i diagnosed the problem.....Believe this or not they built a brand new unit and left the lubrication relief valve out ......
Out of four items i said i wouldn't reuse the Facility manager agreed on two parts.....the fitter was not happy, he didn't know my background and excellent training art Saville the dealer for the machines that Komatsu chose to copy.........did they...
Tim as i've been out of the plant game for a good many years Idid'nt know that Komatsu were still copying. I rember that when they first arrived in this country that if you stood one of their machines next to a Cat 951 from a few yards away it difficult to tell which was which.
Just before I left Savilles some of the parts that were coming through for Payloader transmissions were in boxes marked KIMCO which were a joint venture between IH and Komatsu.
  #25   IP: 195.93.21.72
Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 PM

The DT 466 has been a tempremental engine at times but i think poor maintenance is somewhat to blame. Regular oil changes and good oil are allways the key to engine longevity.

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 03-02-2011 at 10:42 PM.
  #26   IP: 205.200.199.99
Old 03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Knight of the East and West

On this side of the pond the IH466 is suppose to be a good motor and were used in medium sized trucks as well as dozers, loaders and such. Your problems probably have a lot to do with lack of proper maintenance. Are your plans to rebuild these old machines to work once again? I know a guy here who, well when the summers aren't so damned wet uses a D8H cable Cat and a Pullman scraper for building things like landfills, roads, and sewer lagoons and the old girl still purrs like a Cat. lol
  #27   IP: 195.93.21.69
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 PM

D3b & d5b...........
The D3 has it's transmission out. In order to run up the engine we first removed the rusty flywheel and thoroughly cleaned it. Water and antifreeze added oil sump plug removed to relieve any water. Remove all the battery cabling and clean all the contacts and earthing points. Run the starter before fitting the flywheel.
The stater solenoid pulled in the pinion but would not motor. Powered motor only and no spin. Removed the starter and freed off the shaft in the nose bearing, tested starter and away she went. Refitted to machine and turned the engine a couple of times, may have an earth problem, bad light causes close of play.
More tomorrow if anyones interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 001.jpg (93.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 002.jpg (94.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 003.jpg (95.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 004.jpg (98.2 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 03-02-2011 at 11:26 PM.
  #28   IP: 82.37.48.29
Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Grand Master Architect

Trax

The D3 looks a lovely little tool what is it going to take to get it up and running

Daz
  #29   IP: 195.93.21.69
Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 PM

The D5....story already told.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 008.jpg (94.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 009.jpg (96.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 011.jpg (94.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 010.jpg (97.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg D3B & D5B 012.jpg (87.7 KB, 42 views)
  #30   IP: 195.93.21.69
Old 04-02-2011, 12:04 AM

Daz i will be rebuilding the transmission, we have a complete brand new Torque convertor, Some more stripping down and sand blasting of parts and new shoes, two or three gand will make a good tidy tractor.