The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#5741   IP: 86.113.65.38
Old 11-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
cheers Stu .... I see what looked like a plug this morning ..... presumably the breather is the filler? ..... any idea on a volume of hypoid for it ??
that I can't remember graham found some site it says 90w for oil in slew as it's a rack and pinion would guess level to be at top of slew pots if filler/breather is higher
  #5742   IP: 86.130.165.220
Old 11-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
There is a drain plug underneath some where
should be bang in the centre underneath , drain and refill , see how much water is in it , jcb hd 90 oil for it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (8.1 KB, 28 views)

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by d4c24a; 11-11-2017 at 09:14 PM.
  #5743   IP: 86.136.9.53
Old 11-11-2017, 09:30 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
that I can't remember graham found some site it says 90w for oil in slew as it's a rack and pinion would guess level to be at top of slew pots if filler/breather is higher
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
should be bang in the centre underneath , drain and refill , see how much water is in it , jcb hd 90 oil for it
Thanks Guys ..... Gra, what page no. is that? .... can't get it up big enough to read it, but still have the copy of the PDF manual you sent me ages ago ('least pretty sure it came from you)

'Sposed to be dry tomorrow, so may well get me head under it .... got plenty of hypoid here. Been a right shitty wet day here today

As for level .... unless it's stated in that 'book of words' PDF, I'll just have to go for best guesstimate on the levels, in relation to the breather and the slew cylinder heights ... dip, measure and note for reference
  #5744   IP: 86.130.165.220
Old 12-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Page 1 3-9

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5745   IP: 86.136.9.53
Old 14-11-2017, 12:22 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
Page 1 3-9

cheers Gra ..... I'll have a shufty tomorrow
  #5746   IP: 94.194.42.128
Old 14-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Perfect Master

Yep i used EP 90 in my old 3CX, The original 1986/87 handbook says Hd90, one of the first jobs i did was drain that down, my one was full of oil and water sludge, it took ages to drain then i flushed it through with fresh oil a couple of times before i got it cleared out.
  #5747   IP: 86.136.9.53
Old 16-11-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
Yep i used EP 90 in my old 3CX, The original 1986/87 handbook says Hd90, one of the first jobs i did was drain that down, my one was full of oil and water sludge, it took ages to drain then i flushed it through with fresh oil a couple of times before i got it cleared out.
I've actually got several cans of flushing oil here, but can't see as it'd do a lot of good, as there's very little in the way of 'activity' in the box really, but might be worth giving it a try for 20 minutes slewing back and fore to see what comes out with a bit of 'agitation'
  #5748   IP: 86.132.146.27
Old 16-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
I've actually got several cans of flushing oil here, but can't see as it'd do a lot of good, as there's very little in the way of 'activity' in the box really, but might be worth giving it a try for 20 minutes slewing back and fore to see what comes out with a bit of 'agitation'
Stick a gallon or two of kerosene in it ** run it for a few minutes, that will be good enough I’d have thought.
  #5749   IP: 94.194.42.128
Old 16-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Perfect Master

I think i got a long screw driver in the drainhole and disloged a lot of sludge once i had removed a large lump of sludge the rest started to drip out over a couple of hours and after that i just flushed some oil through it until i got a decent stream of clear oil coming back out. At one point i did fill it and then slewed the backhoe from side to side a few times and then drained again.
  #5750   IP: 86.136.9.53
Old 16-11-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
Stick a gallon or two of kerosene in it ** run it for a few minutes, that will be good enough I’d have thought.
I had considered something along those lines James ... just that there is no "run it" as such .... all you can do is slew it for a bit .... can't imagine it'd do much harm and a good blast out after with the air line'd shift most of the kero, I'd have thought

Be lucky to get 1/2 a gallon of kero in that box TBH ... at a time at least

I'll see just what comes out first and go from there ... sounds like a Sunday job .... as long as it don't do what the forecasters are saying

Clara's two tomorrow, so it's gonna be a busy weekend ... and we've got the kids up from Plymouth with Shem too, tomorrow .... his first trip to Wales

Got a birthday prezzy to assemble tomorrow morning ... it might give our beds a rest here then !!!