The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6641   IP: 165.120.92.80
Old 15-06-2018, 08:00 AM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Morning Gra, sorry to hear of your loss, life can be grim at times. Give that little Granddaughter an extra hug.
  #6642   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 16-06-2018, 01:57 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Morning Gra, sorry to hear of your loss, life can be grim at times. Give that little Granddaughter an extra hug.
That it can be Chris ...... and yeh ... she'll be here again in the morning yelling GRAND DAD!! .... C'mon grand dad .... want to go in the JCB ...
she's learned to differentiate between the diggers now ....
s'not "other one digger" anymore ..... still struggling a bit with Hydrema though
  #6643   IP: 213.205.242.227
Old 16-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Perfect Master

It’s very sad news about your friend Graham, I’m sorry for your loss. I hope I go out doing something that I love though - none of us are here forever so it’s important to fill your days with things you enjoy wherever possible IMO!
  #6644   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 16-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
It’s very sad news about your friend Graham, I’m sorry for your loss. I hope I go out doing something that I love though - none of us are here forever so it’s important to fill your days with things you enjoy wherever possible IMO!
Cheers Boyo .... a right bugger TBH .... his wife and I were only discussing Wednesday, that at least he went out doing what he loved .. prematurely, but with his boots on, flying!! His number'd come up ... all there is to it, sadly

when it's your time, there is no escaping it .... so as you say live it well and like you mean it ..... it's not a rehearsal, as they say ..... regrettably 'life' tends to get in the way, most of the time, for doing as we please
  #6645   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 16-06-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Spent the evening, after Clara went, sat wiring the sockets on the genny .... got beaten by the light - - just ....... takes time to get 3 ph. wiring right ........ some pix tomorrow -- after I've double checked it !!
as promised ... a few pix ....

will do for now to run a few things ....

Spent a few hours yesterday having a bit of a square up..

#6646   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 16-06-2018, 10:03 PM

need to have her level .... in all directions

If only to get the oil level right in the sump !!

#6647   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 16-06-2018, 10:17 PM

actually had a little bit of help too ..... as she was out there!!

note the steel toecap sandals !!!! ..... just kept her out the way 'til it was on the deck ....

she loved the ease of the bag lifter ....

all cleared up

apparently Clara and her mum & dad are in need of some too !!

so much for filling the last/third box from Alex .......... but I do have a bit of oak in reserve !!

delivered this afternoon, after Clara'd left us, headed for a friends third B/day party with mummy !!

Damn, that trailer needs a wash off and a coat of paint !!!!!
  #6648   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 16-06-2018, 10:28 PM

we seem to be attracting a surfeit of wild life ATM !!

next door's chickens (not numpty's-t'other neighbours) are regular visitors

this is Ber rrrrrrrt the pheasant and 'Cat-Flap squirrel' ... arguing over Ber rrrrrrt's brekky

Ber rrrrrrt not happy and Cat-Flap left him well alone, sneaking the odd piece when he wasn't looking ..... which surprised me!!

Cat-Flap - you can guess how he got his name - is also very partial to Pam's strawberries, which are all ripening nicely, in one of her veggie growing boxes.
She is going to need an armoured cover next year to keep Cat-Flap AND his mates out of there!!!!!

they've snaffled their fair share, to date !!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 16-06-2018 at 10:31 PM.
  #6649   IP: 92.41.130.239
Old 17-06-2018, 09:50 AM
Grand Master Architect

You're feeding the bloody things? Down here we'd wait till they both dipped their heads to the bowl then let them have it , just to save on catridges

Amazing how much better things look after a 'square up'... if I can summon the willpower to finish the paperwork that's on my list today.
  #6650   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 17-06-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
You're feeding the bloody things? Down here we'd wait till they both dipped their heads to the bowl then let them have it , just to save on catridges

Amazing how much better things look after a 'square up'... if I can summon the willpower to finish the paperwork that's on my list today.
The older you get, the more benevolent one becomes towards the wildlife Rube .... flies, wappys and hornets are fair game ... everything else gets left to their own devices ... as long as they'm not in the strawberry bed

Ber rrrrrrt is a bit of a waif and stray ... been here for months .... I don't think he can fly ... never seen him airborne!! Cat-Flap and his mates are just a PITA ...... seem to be a hell of a lot of squirrels about this year but everything has a place in the greater scheme of things Boyo I haven't shot anything in a very long time !!