The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6721   IP: 86.159.224.229
Old 04-07-2018, 01:54 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Modified the rock bed strata this morning ....... looked more like this afterwards !!!!!

specifically to get me blade up on it, to load against......

Took bloody ages to rip that dumper full out.

Worth the effort though ... loading out the soil was a POP afterwards ...
Better not rain tonight .... left her up there !!

Alex came around tea time and we've spent a few hours creating some bits to mod his Blek ...... few holes and a bit of welding to be done and it should be usable.
Been trying his Screwfix TCT steel saw this evening ..... impressed, aside from all the hot bits of swarf, coming at you at a rate of knots ... cuts well though

He managed to capture the elusive 'greater bearded Druid' on the sticks, when he arrived ..... sneaky !!

LOL .... not often I'm in front of a camera
  #6722   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 04-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Ours have more sense and find the coolest spot in the house to sleep, until the afternoon and then go in search of a shady cool spot outside ...... to get in a few more zeds

I reckon it has another home We've seen it lurking round the petrol station next door too!

Quote:
been trying his Screwfix TCT steel saw this evening ..... impressed, aside from all the hot bits of swarf, coming at you at a rate of knots ... cuts well though
Is that one of the evolution ones? I have the Rage3S and it's a good workhorse - have the evolution made stand for it too as I used to take it out & about. At some point when the workshop's done, I'll make some plates for the chop saw, fret saw, the bench grinders etc. which will screw down onto the bench via a couple of thumbscrews - allowing bits of kit to be swapped in/out in a couple of positions.

I has a plan at least!

Also just had the first quote back for the extension & other works we need doing - £160k inc vat! eeek!
  #6723   IP: 86.159.224.229
Old 04-07-2018, 09:21 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
I reckon it has another home We've seen it lurking round the petrol station next door too!

Is that one of the evolution ones? I have the Rage3S and it's a good workhorse - have the evolution made stand for it too as I used to take it out & about. At some point when the workshop's done, I'll make some plates for the chop saw, fret saw, the bench grinders etc. which will screw down onto the bench via a couple of thumbscrews - allowing bits of kit to be swapped in/out in a couple of positions.

I has a plan at least!

Also just had the first quote back for the extension & other works we need doing - £160k inc vat! eeek!
yes I think so Alex ........
cuts bloody well, but them flying bits're orange and hot coming off it ...
Alex took the chip deflector off, from behind the blade last night so the bits can escape out the back and not bounce back at you .....
big difference

I'd be building a bench with a 'pocket' to drop it into, to get the cut bed, level with the bench top .... PITA supporting the bar stock at just the right level for the vise .....
I do have a perfect block of steel for the job though and if I was using it a lot I'd knock up a roller or two at the right height

Could build a decent house for that sort of figure .... time for a few more quotes
  #6724   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 04-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
yes I think so Alex ........
cuts bloody well, but them flying bits're orange and hot coming off it ...
Alex took the chip deflector off, from behind the blade last night so the bits can escape out the back and not bounce back at you .....
big difference

I'd be building a bench with a 'pocket' to drop it into, to get the cut bed, level with the bench top .... PITA supporting the bar stock at just the right level for the vise .....
I do have a perfect block of steel for the job though and if I was using it a lot I'd knock up a roller or two at the right height

Could build a decent house for that sort of figure .... time for a few more quotes
Lol, not where I live!
  #6725   IP: 86.153.237.53
Old 06-07-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
Lol, not where I live!
LOL ...... bricks cost the same pretty much most places ..... it's the ground to sit 'em on that varies
  #6726   IP: 86.153.237.53
Old 06-07-2018, 12:36 AM

well the saw arrived ... eventually .. yesterday afternoon, despite their tracking say it was still in Suffolk !!

God knows what's all over it or what it's been used for, aside from steel ..... looks like it's lived in a cement works !!!!!

all there though and it'll clean up.

acute shortage of lube and seriously dirty .... doubt it's been cleaned in years.
Standing order in my old place .... nothing to do for ten .... clean a machine down ..... our band-saws were always kept well clean and cared for.

it'll do what it's made for and'll probably outlast me !!
  #6727   IP: 86.153.237.53
Old 06-07-2018, 12:44 AM

spent the day yesterday playing with Alex's Blek mod.s ..... he's now desperate to use it ......

had to create the mother of jockey wheels for it .....

Sorry no finished item pix ..... Alex legged it, with it in one of my trailers, about half nine last night, before I remembered to get some snaps.
Mig didn't want to 'perform' ........ 'til I remembered I'd been welding 1,6 and 2mm with it last ...... worked a lot better for some more juice
  #6728   IP: 86.153.237.53
Old 07-07-2018, 12:55 AM

another day shot to sh1t today .... had to go to town, so thought I'd do it this morning and crack on afterwards.

Out of all sorts, as beyond our usual two weekly-ish shopping expedition ..... resulted in multiple locations required, which all takes time .... add in the multiple folk I am likely to encounter at each one and it takes a LOT of time.

combine that with several phone calls from Josh, who is tackling his very first rear wheel cylinder on his run around ... on his own!!

and then finally, just as i'm about to head home, a call from Pam. Vicki's BIL (a fitter at the MOT garage) who is/was supposed to be sorting her motor out, this week, while they're away .... needed a couple of tyres and front pads - MOT declined - has done f**k all about it .... and it's now Friday - a week after it failed !!!!

I'm furious ..... could've sorted this on Monday ... so stopped off at vicki's house on the way home ... picked up the fail sheet .. rang a mate to sort it out some tyres in the a.m. and another to order some pads for the morning too.

Tyres - fine - no prob.s - see you tomorrow
Pads - er, no stock, try and get 'em for the morning!
was gonna do the pads while it was on the two poster having its booties fitted. Grrr!

rang Pam back - sorted ... "when is the ticket out on it" ???
30th June FFS .... daren't drive it to tyre place .... ANPR and I'd be bollo-ed, so when Pam got back tonight we had to shoot down and grab it, so's I can whip the wheels off it in the a.m. and go get 'em shod.
Pick up the pads, hopefully on the way back and do 'em on the floor, so I can hopefully get summat done for me too tomorrow.!!!!!!!

Oh and a trip to Raglan to get me solenoid coils too, if I can catch 'em between the rest of the running around.

By the time i'd got me best working rags on this afters, put all the shopping away, had summat to scoff and got out there, the day was buggered!!

So greased the old girl head to toe and thought I'd give the rock layer a bit of a separating and get some of it on some pallets, out the way.
bar-ing 'em apart was the easy bit .... getting some of the lumps onto a pallet was a different story!!

Didn't look to see exactly how hot it was this afternoon, but it was bloody hot!

one pallet full was enough for me today !!

1200 x 1000 x 850 -- I make that about a cube of rock ... might put a couple of bands around that, 'fore I try and pick it up

the rock/rubble pile, well two piles, actually, is growing once again - these are going to have to see some destructive forces exerted on 'em, to reduce some of these to more rubble sized bits !!

I'm getting within sight of 'the finish line' ...... everything else seems to be conspiring against me reaching it ATM !!!!!!

then of course it's bloody Sunday .... on Sunday!!!!!

Argh!!!!!!!!
  #6729   IP: 86.153.237.53
Old 07-07-2018, 12:59 AM

pic off the top of a box ......

rock 'pavement' layer separates real easy

it's coming ... that mud-stone layer is going to take some ripping out

and no Rory .... you can't have them forks .... they're me 4 ton set !!
  #6730   IP: 86.153.237.53
Old 08-07-2018, 12:42 AM

According to Google ..... there's circa 2.4t on there ......

can well believe it .... 'tis bloody heavy !!!

stashed it out the way for now .... regretting giving away me roll of pallet wrap !!

then peeled up a bit more for palletising .....

..... the easy way !!

suddenly looking a lot bigger with that 'pavement' ripped up a bit

not a lot did today though, after a morning's running around sorting bits for Vicki's car and some/a lot of the afternoon attaching 'em.
Easiest set of pads I've ever fitted ... really neat set up !!

did manage to get to Raglan, as a last call, just before they shut at lunchtime, to pick up me coils .... looked good ... get one on tomorrow.

Also managed to have a stop of at Barnesy's 'digger emporium', on the way back and actually caught up with the man himself, for a change ... and managed to tie him down to a time to go take a look see what he's got in the way of 4 in 1s .... several to choose from apparently !!