The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #6731   IP: 94.195.61.123
Old 08-07-2018, 11:54 AM
mart1602 mart1602 is offline
Sublime Master Elected
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pembrokeshire
Posts: 772
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

some lovely stone there gra all good corner stones worth £300 a pallet for sure
Reply With Quote
  #6732   IP: 86.133.185.234
Old 08-07-2018, 12:30 PM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,008
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
some lovely stone there gra all good corner stone's worth £300 a pallet for sure
cheers for the valuation Mart ..... been wondering what it'd be worth .... be a good contribution towards any new 'toys'

got to be 6-8 pallets-worth there .... and more, ... if I went looking for it
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6733   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 09-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Cyberprog Cyberprog is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 503
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
cheers for the valuation Mart ..... been wondering what it'd be worth .... be a good contribution towards any new 'toys'

got to be 6-8 pallets-worth there .... and more, ... if I went looking for it
Though I'm sure 'er indoors can find somewhere for you to use them Make a nice wall somewhere for sure.
__________________
If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.
Reply With Quote
  #6734   IP: 109.151.50.244
Old 09-07-2018, 10:01 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,008
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
Though I'm sure 'er indoors can find somewhere for you to use them Make a nice wall somewhere for sure.
That it would Alex ...... want arms like Garth to handle some of 'em though

Won't be moving any of it on, 'til I finish our wall cladding down the drive way........if the bloke who's supposed to be doing it ever answers my calls or better still, actually turns up to do it.

Got bags of stone, sat on pallets, everywhere

One to make you smile ..... message from Vicki in Vietnam this morning ......

" Last night we were walking through the town after dinner and Clara started shouting 'look, a rubber duck'.
We had no idea what she was on about - until I spotted a digger just like yours in grey not yellow. On wheels not tracks.
Amazing what she knows and remembers!!
"

The Jake is no longer 'other one digger', but JCB now
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6735   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 09-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Cyberprog Cyberprog is offline
Elect of Fifteen
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 503
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
That it would Alex ...... want arms like Garth to handle some of 'em though

Won't be moving any of it on, 'til I finish our wall cladding down the drive way........if the bloke who's supposed to be doing it ever answers my calls or better still, actually turns up to do it.

Got bags of stone, sat on pallets, everywhere

One to make you smile ..... message from Vicki in Vietnam this morning ......

" Last night we were walking through the town after dinner and Clara started shouting 'look, a rubber duck'.
We had no idea what she was on about - until I spotted a digger just like yours in grey not yellow. On wheels not tracks.
Amazing what she knows and remembers!!
"

The Jake is no longer 'other one digger', but JCB now
Gotta start em young
__________________
If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning.
Reply With Quote
  #6736   IP: 90.248.62.32
Old 09-07-2018, 07:04 PM
APEarthworks APEarthworks is offline
Secret Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Herefordshire
Posts: 83
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post

One to make you smile ..... message from Vicki in Vietnam this morning ......

" [B][I]Last night we were walking through the town after dinner and Clara started shouting 'look, a rubber duck'.
HaHa Love it she's learning well lol
__________________
Alex

Turning Mud Pies into Strawberry Tart!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6737   IP: 109.151.50.244
Old 10-07-2018, 12:05 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,008
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberprog View Post
Gotta start em young
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEarthworks View Post
HaHa Love it she's learning well lol
I'm amazed by it, as I doubt if I have referred to the 'Drema as a rubber duck more than a handful of times, if that

quite remarkable what she remembers, love her
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6738   IP: 109.151.50.244
Old 10-07-2018, 12:36 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,008
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

bit of a rant

Been having squealy/sticky rear brake issues on the P38 last few times it's been out, so had the wheels off it sunday for a shufty, expecting to find stuck sliders or enough crap/rust build up around the calipers to be causing a sticking issue.

All free ... plenty of crap but not stuck and pistons returning fine

Pulled the calipers off and .......... the Mintex pads have de-laminated friction and backing are no longer working in perfect harmony

fitted Aug. 2014 and done little mileage ... pads at circa 70% and I am not hard on the pedal. I don't do a great deal of miles these days.

If the backs are in this state the fronts are getting changed too!!!!!

anyway, aside from the issue of their demise, what really pissed me off today was the cost of their replacements.

In '14 both axles were 21 quid to sort, so WTF, if our inflation rate has been 3-5% annually, over the last 4 years, did it cost me 62 quid for two sets of Mintex pads today, FFS????

And while I'm on a roll ...... WTF has butter gone from 80p to £1-80 in the same space of time??????
not quite the trebling of the pads, but FFS ..... well over doubled.

3-5% A.I.R. ..... pull the other one!!
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6739   IP: 86.160.203.218
Old 10-07-2018, 06:36 AM
Shovelhands's Avatar
Shovelhands Shovelhands is offline
Knight of the East and West
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sunny Essex
Posts: 2,141
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

I used to run Mintex pads, the 1144’s, back when my 205s were on the road, I really rated them, but they probably never lasted long enough to de-laminate!

4 years is not a long time, I’d be considering another make of pad, probably a cheaper make, what have you got to loose?
Those pads sound super expensive.
Recently put front discs and pads on one of our Navaras for about the same price as your pads!

As for butter, you’ve just got to pay up and not worry about it, butter is sent from the gods, and is priced accordingly
KerryGold is £1.80-£1.90 here, plenty of cheaper ones, but I like the Kerry....
Reply With Quote
  #6740   IP: 109.151.50.244
Old 10-07-2018, 09:48 AM
V8Druid's Avatar
V8Druid V8Druid is offline
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Posts: 15,008
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
I used to run Mintex pads, the 1144’s, back when my 205s were on the road, I really rated them, but they probably never lasted long enough to de-laminate!

4 years is not a long time, I’d be considering another make of pad, probably a cheaper make, what have you got to loose?
Those pads sound super expensive.
Recently put front discs and pads on one of our Navaras for about the same price as your pads!

As for butter, you’ve just got to pay up and not worry about it, butter is sent from the gods, and is priced accordingly
KerryGold is £1.80-£1.90 here, plenty of cheaper ones, but I like the Kerry....
Always have run Mintex ..... the best IMHDO ..... but yeh ... will be having words with the factors' boss .... taking the piss

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rove...kAAOSwxQJbCEjS

Have always been 'treated right' by these guys in town ..... but!!

as for the butter ..... agreed, but why has it more than doubled in 4 years when the A.I.R. is supposed to be 3-5% ?????
Couldn't contemplate life without it !!!!
__________________
If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Partner Links



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.