The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#1   IP: 86.132.52.192
Old 16-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Knight of the East

Default terms and conditions for plant hire

i wonder if anyone has bespoke terms and conditions for their business, ive had a few quotes and it seems a lot of money. (2500) i dont want to copy someones as i need specific terms for diggerent aspects of our work that are never covered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 86.132.52.192
Old 16-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Knight of the East

Default Re: terms and conditions for plant hire

diggerent? lol

#3   IP: 92.24.43.228
Old 16-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Dan read the CPA model conditions. Then write your own. You don't need to buy anything. Set out your conditions for each job and then get the client to sign before commencement of works.
  #4   IP: 86.132.52.192
Old 16-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Knight of the East

would that work?

eg. when hired on day rate, man and machine are a tool under the hirers direction and responsibilty. ie if a service is damaged in the ground the responsiblity is on the hirer to pay for any damage.

we basically had a job recently when client told us to dig in x and told us there are no services, we damaged a gas main and he started to take me to court for payment, i forked out in the end but its a big loss for me. fair dinkum if i quote for a job and im earning a profit for taking responsibilty of all works but i dont want responsibility in the case of cheap days hire of digger and driver.

#5   IP: 86.158.219.239
Old 16-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Knight of the East

I have a A4 page that I give out as soon as the machine is about to hit a new site. PM me and i'll send it over later.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #6   IP: 92.24.43.228
Old 16-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Dan they either sign a damage waver or you don't do the job mate ..... simple. It would be sensible for you to get your own scanner and a good operator that dug as if services are present if you think they are regardless of what you were told. I would not have given in to your client that said there was no services. His word against yours. Never assume there is nothing underground even if you are in the middle of a wood or field.
  #7   IP: 81.151.174.152
Old 16-07-2016, 12:25 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Dan they either sign a damage waver or you don't do the job mate ..... simple. It would be sensible for you to get your own scanner and a good operator that dug as if services are present if you think they are regardless of what you were told. I would not have given in to your client that said there was no services. His word against yours. Never assume there is nothing underground even if you are in the middle of a wood or field.
Bloody good advice that Dan ..................... unless you're in the middle of a boulder 'field' ! ..... then yers on pretty 'solid ground', not expecting services
  #8   IP: 31.48.255.116
Old 16-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Grand Master Architect

I've got one borrowed of the Internet.as for digging in the middle of a field,I bust a water main digging a hole to bury a horse.
Nick...
  #9   IP: 92.24.43.228
Old 16-07-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerman View Post
I've got one borrowed of the Internet.as for digging in the middle of a field,I bust a water main digging a hole to bury a horse.
Nick...
Maybe you should have buried the horse in the headland ........
  #10   IP: 31.48.255.116
Old 16-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
Maybe you should have buried the horse in the headland ........
Thats where it died.im not keen on moving dead animals.ive had people expect me to grab a horse in a 4in 1 bucket and move it,which id never do
Nick...