The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#11   IP: 81.147.96.42
Old 16-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: terms and conditions for plant hire

I had some hire agreement books printed up with my terms and conditions and whos responsible for what. I get them signed before the job starts and give the top copy to cust.
  #12   IP: 5.81.11.200
Old 16-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Something like this dan

I have a version different version but all the same, also on all time sheets it states t&c apply also a specific note to track/tyre damage!!

https://www.hewden.co.uk/media/2306/...conditions.pdf
  #13   IP: 86.132.52.192
Old 16-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Knight of the East

thats ideal dave cheers, i could copy and paste as much as i need to, although itd be a lot to have on a sheet. gonna have to look at ncr paper now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 86.132.52.192
Old 16-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Knight of the East

hilux, have you ever had anyone decline signing it or spent 40 mins reading it first?

#15   IP: 81.147.96.42
Old 16-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
hilux, have you ever had anyone decline signing it or spent 40 mins reading it first?
Not yet, some have asked what its for but most just sign and accept it. I tell them its as much to protect me as it is to protect them.

Mine states in big letters about underground services and about damage to ground/surfaces and ensuring they have permission to instruct me to dig where they point.

The biggest issue for me is if its a reg cust then i sometimes forget to fill 1 in but seen as they have already signed previous it means they have accepted my conditions, in my eyes anyway
  #16   IP: 213.205.192.195
Old 17-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Knight of the East

Membership to the CPA starts at about 185+VAT
  #17   IP: 5.254.163.144
Old 17-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Grand Master Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Membership to the CPA starts at about 185+VAT
I keep thinking about joining. What other benefits does an owner operator like you or me get?
  #18   IP: 213.205.192.59
Old 17-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
I keep thinking about joining. What other benefits does an owner operator like you or me get?
For me, it's just peace of mind, security and the fact that should I need any help, I can pick up the phone and be able to speak to some of the most expericened people in the business when it comes to differences between two parties. I have contract signed by the client, and they have a copy and so do I and that's that really. You also get an magazine that gets sent out keeping you up to date with what is happening in the industry and any new reg/rules that have come into play, money well spent in my eyes. Give them a ring, it might suit what your after?

Last edited by komatsu; 17-07-2016 at 05:27 PM.
  #19   IP: 86.177.60.27
Old 17-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

legally speaking you can't negate your liability like all those worthless signs the management accept no liability well actually they do in a court of law.

it would be very hard for you to get out of a services hit if your man was driving, the only way would be if say the service owner i.e. yorkshire water gave you a plan and said its all clear. but anyone but the service owner giving the all clear is just hearsay.

we've just hit a 10" water main 600mm down in a 2m cut and fill menage, two of them next to each other! so there no way the menage is going where the planners and designers have sighted it, they also recommended moving it to the location where the water main are they clearly didn't do a services search,

so its going to be an interesting bun fight but at the end of the day my guy put a tooth through it with 13 tonner so when united utilities want their pound of flesh its going to be interesting. we dug all round it and made it easy of them to sleave it.

this is in the middle of a field and we dug up a dead horse as well only 2m from the pair of mains haha

dan if you can gather up as many numbers of utility lads as you can, most will fix a pipe cable etc for few hundred quid cash. if you have them on a job doing new connection ask them if they do cash foreigners if not they'll know someone. has got more difficult (more expensive) with sat tracking on vans they have to sometimes kick a bit up to controller etc

i

Last edited by GB_Groundworks; 17-07-2016 at 06:29 PM.
  #20   IP: 86.132.52.192
Old 18-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB_Groundworks View Post
legally speaking you can't negate your liability like all those worthless signs the management accept no liability well actually they do in a court of law.

it would be very hard for you to get out of a services hit if your man was driving, the only way would be if say the service owner i.e. yorkshire water gave you a plan and said its all clear. but anyone but the service owner giving the all clear is just hearsay.

we've just hit a 10" water main 600mm down in a 2m cut and fill menage, two of them next to each other! so there no way the menage is going where the planners and designers have sighted it, they also recommended moving it to the location where the water main are they clearly didn't do a services search,

so its going to be an interesting bun fight but at the end of the day my guy put a tooth through it with 13 tonner so when united utilities want their pound of flesh its going to be interesting. we dug all round it and made it easy of them to sleave it.

this is in the middle of a field and we dug up a dead horse as well only 2m from the pair of mains haha

dan if you can gather up as many numbers of utility lads as you can, most will fix a pipe cable etc for few hundred quid cash. if you have them on a job doing new connection ask them if they do cash foreigners if not they'll know someone. has got more difficult (more expensive) with sat tracking on vans they have to sometimes kick a bit up to controller etc

i
to the credit of gas and electric board, i always try and swing some kind of deal or get details for someone i can call but they never allow it. fuckers. best advice i had was to tell them you think its leaking rather than its damaged, that way they can say its a leak they repaired but take a decent drink from you and no one is any the wiser